Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT, 9/21/21
    - up by 10 am 🛑 11:30 but I'm okay with that
    - morning meds ✅
    - mindful coffee 😑 A few sips I guess. I realized that I make crappy coffee. It's not as good as when Matt makes it
    - Quiet time ✅
    - do the dishes ✅ the first load so far. I'll do the next one this evening.
    - update JFT ✅
    - clean out the car 🛑
    - CALL ANDREA! ✅ I messaged her on FB. I haven't heard back yet. I may have to actually call her which is the bane of my existence. Lol
    - go over financials ✅😭
    - mindfully eat 🛑
    - grill chicken for dinner 🛑 Matt was in a bad place so I just made him a wrap and I just snacked.
    - take a nap if I feel like it 🛑
    - spend time with Matt ✅ We cuddled for a lot and I held him when he had a bad time emotionally.
    - 6 pm/pm meds ✅
    - teeth ✅
    - lists ✅/🛑 I did my To-Do list but not my Ta-Da.
    - bed by 1am ✅ I think it was like 9:30 or something. I was so drained emotionally that I needed to sleep. I missed the end of the Mets game which I guess was a good thing? Lol

Yesterday was pretty stressful. Matt had a really bad day and was pretty raw emotionally. I need to have a money conversation soon but he just couldn't do it yesterday. And honestly, I'm not sure if he can do it today either. But we'll see,

So far today has been going really well. It's the early afternoon but I have a therapy appt at 3. I'm hoping to get some things done after though. I spent about an hour hanging out at work bc I needed to ask some time off in October. I ended up spending time with my pastor friend while she took her break. We had a really awesome conversation about God and life and such. We share a lot of the same spiritual beliefs and it's great to have someone like her at work.

Anyway, onto some goals for today!
    JFT 9/22/21
    - up by 10:30 ✅
    - morning meds ✅
    - coffee/quiet time ✅
    - clean out the car ✅
    - -update JFT ✅
    - finish the dishes
    - deal with the pile of cardboard
    - mindfully eat a meal
    - grill chicken
    - finish main plot pts for story
    - talk to Matt abt money stuff
    - bible study 7pm
    - dinner
    - 6 pm/ night meds
    - therapy 3pm
    - pick up Matt's meds
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm glad life is getting back to normal! Surgery is hard, especially when you have a family! When I had my ovary removed last year I was laid up for 6 weeks and Matt had no idea what to do. Lol. I can only imagine how much more difficult it must be with one kid, let alone three! Lol

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - good lunch.. now I won't eat again until after 5 pm except my dose of metamusal
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Run? Pack shoes for run after school if not.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Research reflection due Monday.
    4. Pit Crew: New curriculum. Yay.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Phone calls???
    6. English Class: Set up NewsELA research (topics). Enter Cheating. Late work - 10 assignments.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois. Shoot late work script? Phone calls.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Rose) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/22. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I just want sleep.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    JFT for 9/22 (today)
    1) Desserts ok ✔
    2) Peanut butter ok ✔
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 9/23 ✔
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts ✔
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today ✔

JFT for 9/23 (tomorrow)
    1) No desserts unless sugarfree or no sugar added
    2) No peanut butter (last 9/22)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday 9/23
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts
    5) No hard cheese today

Hour commitment - After my blueberries, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back @MLHC1. I'm always amazed at how much you manage to do!

Did my best yesterday but ran out of time to do some things. I live alone, but family seems to take up a lot of time. Even the 15 minute test to get in to the care home took 40 minutes yesterday, just a combination of delays. I really wanted to mow the lawn, last dry day for a while, but it was getting dark before I was free. So it's still on the list.

I don't know what goals to have today, it's the first day of my all day baby sitting. I just hope the day goes okay, he's an unhappy child right now.

Well yesterday went much better than I expected, little lad was happy to spend the day playing with his Granny. I even managed to mow the front lawn in the evening (it's not big!). Meals were fine but I was gifted a pack of lovely Scottish shortbread, and I ate 2 pieces. I should have given it away lol.

Today will be a repeat of yesterday. I just wish the weather was better for being outside.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Didn't get around to posting goals yesterday, but they were the same as Tuesday's and I met them both days. Today's plan is already changing from an at-home day to catch up on chores to a visit with my mom and daughter. But I did manage to get a load of laundry in this morning. Better get going, so here's today's goals.

JFT Thursday 9/23
    Log
    Stay in the green for calories and sodium
    Water
    2 chores
    Grading
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Recap W 9/22
    1) Walked dog 3.65 mi before work :smiley: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks (track in Exercise Notes) :) waylaid by unexpected virtual conference in afternoon but ok
    3) Meals prelogged already ~ stick w/ plan / net cals zero / 14c water :) -169 (guessed at homemade breakfast burrito purchased at work) & 13c
    4) Wash towels / boil eggs / wash dishes / phone somebody (C, L or m&d) too busy then too late / another ta-da? several TA-DA = 4/5
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :smiley: 5/6

JFT R 9/23
    1) Walked dog 4.12 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs during virtual conference breaks
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water
    4) Grocery shop / phone somebody (C, L, or m&d) / at least one ta-da
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work ~ will be colder, have more layers ready)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2021
    Options
    JFT for 9/23 (today) (slightly modified):
    1) No desserts unless sugarfree or no sugar added
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 9/24 (for nutritionist)
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts
    5) No hard cheese today

Hour commitment - Just finished coffee stuff, now I won't eat again until 10 am. I'm eating lunch early because of a lunch meeting (I hate eating when on Skype).

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - finished lunch, now I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for dose of metamusal. No more butter beans today.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Calisthenics.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Pack lunch.
    3. Test Prep Class: Set up College Research Questions / Research reflection due Monday. Enter 9/14 late work and Goodreads response #2.
    4. Pit Crew: Discussion based on responses.
    5. Online Facilitation: Enter students into program; contact via email. Read Quicksand!!
    6. English Class: Finish week 8 plans. Late work - 10 assignments.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Write Clois. Phone calls. Afternoon walk at park.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Fold laundry.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (Legendborn) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library. Sunday lunch with family.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 197.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for 9/28. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion August 3.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I just want sleep.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 9/23 (today) (slightly modified):
    1) No desserts unless sugar free or no sugar added 🔆
    2) No peanut butter (last 9/22) 🔆
    3) Don't weigh again until Friday 9/24 (for nutritionist) 🔆
    4) No peanuts, can have walnuts 🔆
    5) No hard cheese today 🔆

Hour commitment - Just finished dinner, now I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 9/24 (tomorrow):
    1) Desserts allowed
    3) Weigh today for nutritionist, then don't weigh again until Monday 9/27
    4) Peanuts or walnuts, not both
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 23
    1.5L of water -
    Log all food
    Walk 15 minutes
    Arm something

I’ve done ok the last two days. I’m hoping for a bit of a break this weekend.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options

Today will be a repeat of yesterday. I just wish the weather was better for being outside.

Yesterday was okay, it was windy and chilly but we wrapped up and went out anyway. Realised I can't manage to weigh and log calories whilst babysitting (ok, I know it's an excuse, I guess I don't want to make the effort!). Grandson was fine with me all day, seems his worst time at the moment is bedtime, which I don't have to do!

Today I'm going to a cancer charity coffee morning (outside, will need a lot of clothes!). Really not diet friendly but is a chance to meet family I haven't seen covid started. I'm skipping breakfast lol.

JFT Friday 24th

Stay under maintenance
    Walk
    Prep for Saturday
    Buy birthday present
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    🍄🍁🍂🌾🍄🌾🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂 SEPTEMBER 🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂🌾🍄🌾🍂🍁🍄
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

I've had an eventful couple of days. I had a prolapse four or five years ago and had a pessary fitted to stop the problem recurring. I've been waiting for a while for a checkup, as things are difficult because of Covid.

On Tuesday I got a phone call from the Pessary Clinic that they'd had a cancellation for Wednesday afternoon. I was delighted, and duly went to the clinic at the appointed time. (1 hour drive away, with several contra flows and diversions, but I made it in time)

It's usually a fairly easy procedure, but not this time. The clinic doctor was unable to remove the device as the wall of the womb has formed round the donut shape. I will need to go to the main Gynae unit to have it dealt with. The staff looked after me well, but I think they were almost as shocked as I was as they had never seen this happen before.

Tea and much sympathy later I was fit to drive home, but NOT feeling my best as I have aches and pains from the prolonged attempt to complete the procedure before the doctor realised there was a problem.

I'll be taking it easy for a day or two while things settle.

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 84.9 (SmartScale app)

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    September goal: maintenance

Daily Habits:
    Wed: 🍄 Thu: 🍄 Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7

🐝Positive Intentions for Fri 24 Sept:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - (Sept Tiny Habit) 10+ minutes🐝
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores/laundry
    [*] Hobbies Room refit
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV
    [*] Be creative
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

📓 Tiny Habit for September 📓 Write > 10 minutes in Journal
    This is going well so far. I am was getting lazy about putting pen to paper.
    📓📓📓📓📓📓📓
    📓📓📓📓📓📓📓
    📓📓📓📓📓📓📓
    📓📓📓
    🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄
    🍄🍁 JFT SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE 🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍽 Meal Planning 🍽🍁🍄
    🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄🍁🍂🍁🍄
    🍄 For each day you had a meal plan and stuck to it 🍄
    Week 1: 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
    Week 2: 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
    Week 3: 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄
    Week 4: 🍄🍄🍄
    Week 5:
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Recap R 9/23
    1) Walked dog 4.12 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs during virtual conference breaks :)
    3) Net cals zero / 14c water :# Hungry after grocery shopping & snacking a bit uncontrolled before supper. Net cals -187 & 13c Pretty sure I'm at least maintaining but I want to lose weight.
    4) Grocery shop :) / phone somebody (C, L, or m&d) <3 hour chat w/ my sister ~ she's feeling down b/c she realizes it's a long road ahead after bad break of her ankle, and she's such an active person / at least one ta-da ~ nothing major but TA-DA! :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work ~ will be colder, have more layers ready) :p Except for organizing more layers to wear walking dog before sunrise, big fat zero. LOL

JFT F 9/24 ~ Decided today is rest day, felt good to sleep a bit more & wake up to daylight instead of dark.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (log in Exercise Notes)
    2) Meals prelogged / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Phone L or m&d / fill jug from rain barrel / something ta-da
    4) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:00 alarm (farmers market & dog walk)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 9/24 (today):
    1) Desserts allowed
    3) Weigh today for nutritionist, then don't weigh again until Monday 9/27
    4) Peanuts or walnuts, not both
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today
    Also: Can have lunch early due to many early afternoon meetings

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt and metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more desserts or nuts today.
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    Ouch @TerriRichardson112 that sounds like a very painful appointment. Sending you hugs and I hope the hospital manage to sort you out without any more pain.

Today I'm going to a cancer charity coffee morning (outside, will need a lot of clothes!). Really not diet friendly but is a chance to meet family I haven't seen covid started. I'm skipping breakfast lol.

JFT Friday 24th

Stay under maintenance yes, no breakfast or lunch, very little tea
    Walk just round shopping centre
    Prep for Saturday yes
    Buy birthday present yes

So I went to the coffee morning and it was nice to see family. I had a scone, a piece of cake, and coffee. All things I would never have in the morning. I felt really sick afterwards so didn't eat much for the rest of the day. (I actually think it was the strong coffee, I don't drink much coffee normally). So lesson learnt there.

Tomorrow I will be busy all day but will only eat what I take with me. Can't overdo it if I don't have any extra food with me!

Have a good weekend when it arrives everyone.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt <> I find the same thing if I eat cake/buns etc. My body just doesn't like that stuff anymore.