What’s your food weakness?

Options
I’m curious as to what food(s) are your weakness that may otherwise be unhealthy and/or caused your weight gain. For me, it’s ramen noodles and pasta, pasta, pasta galore! I’m a noodle girl for sure. I’ve tried zucchini noodles in place of regular pasta noodles and it actually tastes pretty good! I was both hesitant at first and surprised the next. What healthier option have you tried in exchange for your initial food weakness?

Replies

• IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    For me, #1 is pizza, #2 pasta... can't get enough of either
  • lowcarbmami
    lowcarbmami Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @IFjagain Have you tried pizza made with cauliflower crust?
  • IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Options

It's been suggested but I'm not a cauliflower fan, unfortunately. I just try to stay clear of pizza and plan if I intend to eat pasta... it's difficult, for sure!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    🍣 sushi ❤️….. I try doing more sashimi for calorie control..
  • Connie6927
    Connie6927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love sushi and all type of food in curry.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Peanuts , almonds . I replace rice and noodles with konjac rice and konjac noodles. 👍🏼
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Safari_Gal Great idea. Many sushi rolls are made with drizzles of sugary concoctions and other things. At least sashimi keeps it simple and focused on the meat
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Walkywalkerson The only types of cheeses I eat tend to be Italian ones and feta. I still include those in my diet and at full fat. When I eat the full fat cheeses, I just make sure to not eat high carbs that day. I’d say enjoy your cheeses (Kraft singles don’t count) and control the carbs! ❤️
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Malimalai ive never heard of Konjac noodles. Will have to look it up and learn something new!
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Connie6927 You and I could be sisters. I love all types of curry—-Indian, Thai, Japanese….mmmm
  • Ladyovthelakes
    Ladyovthelakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chocolate
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @lowcarbmami ,Edamame fettuccini is recommended in a low carb group too. 🍜
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    IFJagain wrote: »

It's been suggested but I'm not a cauliflower fan, unfortunately. I just try to stay clear of pizza and plan if I intend to eat pasta... it's difficult, for sure!

You're not missing much. It has just about the same calories as normal pizza, if not more, so the tradeoff isn't worth it at all if you don't like cauliflower. When I want more vegetables in my diet, I eat vegetable dishes that I like. There is no need to modify perfectly good food unless you like the modified variation and appreciate it as its own thing.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    If you’d asked me at the start of this (and I’m pretty sure there are threads around where I stated it!) I’d have said ‘salted peanuts’ but I seem to have conquered that demon this time around! 🤞 I’m no longer tempted by them in the supermarket and on the odd occasion my husband buys some I can take half a handful and not need to go back for more.

These days I seem to have a strong craving for Runner Beans, Broad Beans, Dwarf Beans, Butter Beans etc.

Slightly weird that they also belong to the Legume family, just like peanuts! Wonder if there’s some micronutrient they have in common that my body requires!? 🤔
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    It used to be certain kinds of sweets, but lately it's salty, crunchy foods, usually at night. It can be anything from lentil chips, pop chips, brown rice crackers, or roasted, salted edamame. I think what it is, I've discovered, is that I'm actually tired so am eating this foods to "wake up" instead of going to bed. I've been having to get up at least an hour earlier than I used to, and I've noticed this increasing.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, Cashew butter and peanut butter and jelly sandwich