What's 4 Dinner?

Options

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    diet dr.pepper chicken, baked sweet potatoe and roasted brussel sprouts...yummmmmmmmm
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    Because I am at work I will be eating Plain Yogurt with Honey and crushed Bananas. The smell in the kitchen is beef tenderloin with asparagus.... I'll let my imagination run.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Cheese ravioli with meat sauce and a steamed broccoli & cauliflower mixture for us tonight!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I was planning to make the Baked Eggplant with Mushroom and tomato sauce (in the recipe section)

But, the grocery store didn't have any eggplants!! :grumble:

So, I decided to get taco fixins instead! I use ground turkey for my taco meat, corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, ff sour cream, etc!!) YUMMMM!!

Me too Tam! Tacos are my FAVORITE dinner!! :love: The ground turkey is just as good as beef with the taco seasoning! I even got my boyfriend to start eating it (tacos, turkey burgers, etc.)!! Except when I know I'm doing tacos I make sure to save enough calories for regular sour cream. It is probably my fav condiment so I cannot settle for FF. I've already given up regular mayo (switched to canola mayo :grumble: ) and I just can't bear to give up the sour cream. Don't worry, I use it sparingly.

And btw, you look GREAT!! I love your new pic!! :drinker: I think I've noticed it before but I have been on the threads too much lately.

Tacos are good any time in my book!! LOL!

Hey, I am all for using regular stuff too. I don't mind ff sour cream but I do use regular or at least reduced fat versions of some things. I used to use ff cheese but I cannot stand it! So, I just use LESS 2%!! To me, the 2% sharp cheddar is great and melts well.

And thanks!! Hey, let me know how my pregnancy bump is lookin! LOL! (the pic in my profile pics of me in almost all black) That was actually last week, so I need to get another one for my 13 week belly pic this week!! :laugh:
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta pesto and grilled chicken!
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with dill weed, asparagus risotto and steamed asparagus on the side. Whoa, it's clear how much I seriously love asparagus!

126046.png
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I was planning to make the Baked Eggplant with Mushroom and tomato sauce (in the recipe section)

But, the grocery store didn't have any eggplants!! :grumble:

So, I decided to get taco fixins instead! I use ground turkey for my taco meat, corn tortillas, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, ff sour cream, etc!!) YUMMMM!!

Me too Tam! Tacos are my FAVORITE dinner!! :love: The ground turkey is just as good as beef with the taco seasoning! I even got my boyfriend to start eating it (tacos, turkey burgers, etc.)!! Except when I know I'm doing tacos I make sure to save enough calories for regular sour cream. It is probably my fav condiment so I cannot settle for FF. I've already given up regular mayo (switched to canola mayo :grumble: ) and I just can't bear to give up the sour cream. Don't worry, I use it sparingly.

And btw, you look GREAT!! I love your new pic!! :drinker: I think I've noticed it before but I have been on the threads too much lately.

Tacos are good any time in my book!! LOL!

Hey, I am all for using regular stuff too. I don't mind ff sour cream but I do use regular or at least reduced fat versions of some things. I used to use ff cheese but I cannot stand it! So, I just use LESS 2%!! To me, the 2% sharp cheddar is great and melts well.

And thanks!! Hey, let me know how my pregnancy bump is lookin! LOL! (the pic in my profile pics of me in almost all black) That was actually last week, so I need to get another one for my 13 week belly pic this week!! :laugh:

Oh, congrats!!! That's GREAT!!! You look wonderful!! And what a great reason for becoming healthier!! :flowerforyou:

I am the same way about all dairy products. I love skim milk but all of the reduced fat stuff tastes like garbage to me. I guess I'll give the 2% cheddar again. I love cheese, but I'd rather not eat it than have it be a disappointment when I do. :grumble:

I am still learning to adjust my taste buds to liking things that I have never liked before. To be honest, I am really still learning how to make this lifestyle change all together. It's definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. That's why I like coming to the "What's For Dinner" thread, to learn new recipes!!
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I had cereal for breakfast and nothing for lunch.

Dinner: I had a burrito topped with salsa and shredded cheese. Yummy takes just the same as Taco Bell with less calories. I had baked french fries too. And I'm now eating an apple for desert. All 560 calories and I still have 500 calories left. Did I eat good today? I hope so.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options

Dinner: I had a burrito topped with salsa and shredded cheese. Yummy takes just the same as Taco Bell with less calories. I had baked french fries too. And I'm now eating an apple for desert. All 560 calories and I still have 500 calories left. Did I eat good today? I hope so.

You need to eat your calories. It is not good to starve yourself. You may lose weight initially but once you start eating more, you'll gain it back. I saw someone yesterday say "Can you survive on that for the rest of your life?" Your body needs the calories for energy.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

xtina is right, to keep your body in "burn mode" you have to eat throughout the day. Try having smaller meals every 2-4 hours. :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I'm in the mood for something sweet and I can't find absolutely nothing in the kitchen. What could I eat?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    We just had grilled veggie wraps on ww whole wheat tortillas, grilled, zucchini, tomatoe, portobello mushrooms, spanish onions, peppers and a little feta cheese, we had this with a warm tossed red potatoe salad, made with ff mayo, it was delicious!

this sounds SO yummy, I might have to try it soon!!! :)
  • chickadee10
    Options
    We just had grilled veggie wraps on ww whole wheat tortillas, grilled, zucchini, tomatoe, portobello mushrooms, spanish onions, peppers and a little feta cheese, we had this with a warm tossed red potatoe salad, made with ff mayo, it was delicious!

this sounds SO yummy, I might have to try it soon!!! :)
    It does sound yummy. Did you make it from scratch or does it all come in a package together?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Turkey chili soup.
  • Joanneh
    Joanneh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Grilled chicken breast with mustard and lettuce and red onion, in a wholegrain bap, with roasted parsnip wedges on the side.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Dinner for 3/10/09:

Tonight I am making turkey meatballs and whole wheat spaghetti...
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

having the veggie wrap again, but with steamed green beans and brown rice.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm having breakfast for dinner.
    scrambled eggs with a laughing cow cheese mixed in, 2 slices canadian bacon and 1 cup strawberries with 50cal sugar free hot chocolate for dessert!
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    jello has 60 cal. pudding cups!
  • JasiBella
    JasiBella Posts: 1,168
    Options
    arroz con jamon y habichuelas guisada AKA non-healthy dinner