DONT WANT TO EAT AT NIGHT

2»

Replies

• tracileigh2
    tracileigh2 Posts: 8 Member
    I also crave food at night and it makes me gain weight easily. I can keep it to fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, a handfull of nuts, it doesn't matter. If I eat anything past 6 or so I will not lose weight or even gain weight back. Since I eat my dinner so early I am starving by the time I go to bed! Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
  • 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,761 Member
    I’m trying for no calories between dinner and breakfast so a 12 hour fast
    Not sure if that’s considered IF but it does help with maintaining my weight

Right now I’m up 5 lbs, from a 10 day vacation, so it’s back to HIIT Cardio

Also love the after dinner tea 🫖
    has really helped with late night overeating

• 200Karen
    200Karen Posts: 1,761 Member
    I eat breakfast before I'm really hungry

last night I skipped after dinner ice cream
    My daily calorie count in range, SO Celebrating in Oregon 🥳

Today with added oils, my fat count is rising fast
    I count calories, fat, fiber
    And water, veggies

Everyone has their on routines and mine is going well at the moment
    Enjoy your journey

• katy6009
    katy6009 Posts: 3 Member
    I know it's so hard not to eat at night after a stressful evening. I am going to start to write down everything I put in my mouth. I have never done that but I am going to start on Monday.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    *snip* < we'll just delete what I wrote in an effort to practice what I preach.

I'll rephrase. It's okay to say "I'm having an issue I'm trying to resolve. Does anyone else have the same problem? Can we be friends and support each other? I need a daily boost to my resolve". It's okay to use WHATEVER tool you can find to make your path a successful one. I'm just deeply sorry you failed to find that here.

@lakinte1 if you ever come back, you can send me a friend request. Everyone's story and struggle is different, but they're all equally valid. I have some strategies to curb cravings when they hit, and some things I've learned to employ in everyday meal planning to avoid cravings and snack urges altogether for the majority of the time. You can do this! It's not even that hard :)

• mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I still can't quite figure out what the problem is. Snacking that is causing too many calories? Belief that eating at night impacts weight loss?

I eat dinner on average around 8PM. On occasions that I end up eating earlier...like 6 PM, I find myself wanting to boredom snack later while watching TV...so most of the time I just eat dinner around 8PM while my wife and I settle into a t.v. program. I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or so to read and doze off to sleep.

I don't think the OP is talking about having dinner, but snacking mindlessly after dinner. I have that problem and I try to put a limit at the time I eat every day. My deadline is 8:00 PM because whatever I eat after that time is not because I am hungry. I just want to eat something out of boredom, or habit or just because. Even worse, what I want to eat late at night is not a fruit nor is a carrot (just an example), generally what I want to eat is ice cream or a piece of cake or chocolate or cookies, just eat something because I want something, not because I am hungry,