What do you do with your "fat clothes"

Options

Replies

• RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Anything in decent condition will go to the charity shop, but sadly most of my fat clothes are threadbare and falling apart which is why i decided now was the time to loose the weight i couldnt face buying new clothes in my big size!

The fit for the bin clothes might be cut up for material scraps for my crafting bag, they will not remain as whole garments in my posession otherwise i might be tempted to stop watching what i weigh.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The better clothes go to Goodwill. Iffy stuff that can be used as such goes in the rag pile for hubby. A few bigger t-shirts have been saved for sleeping in and/or doing housework in. Only one pair of larger pants has remained for a before/after pic.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    The nicer stuff I've either consigned or donated to a place like "Dress for Success". The rest gets taken to Goodwill or our local clothes bank.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    the good ones I kept for when I get pregnant again, the rest I took to goodwill.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't gotten to do this yet, but I plan on going to Goodwill or King's Ranch (a place for abused & battered women & children) to donate most of mine. The good jeans, I'll try to do a yard sale for but if they don't sale they'll go to donations too. My *favorite* t-shirts will be kept to sleep in. :-)
  • Determined1980
    Options
    Get rid of them, and never go back to that size.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I donate to Goodwill, but I'm looking for other options now...more charitable options. I've donated bras to http://brarecycling.com/
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Give them to your jealous "fat" friends, who did not support you during this process :)))))) I've read that happens a lot, so don't get mad, get even :)

Oh my goodness, I love this... someone who thinks just like I do sometimes... LOL!
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Recycled clothes bins at work :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Recycled clothes bins at work :-)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have kept one item and either thrown or ebayed the rest! yay x
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I take them to a charity shop.

Even if they're unsuitable for reuse, the shop will recycle them and sometimes get money for it.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    give them to charity shops or the clothes bins for children in need that are in my local asda store
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just cleaned out my closet had 76 empty hangers! (I was so excited) but I donated it to Goodwill and will use as a tax write off!

WoW.... 76 empty hampers..... I think I own two hampers.... you must have a huge closet!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    give it to my friends
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    A MFP marketplace/trading post has been a huge suggestion for a long time now but still no luck.

Personally I like selling things on Craig's List b/c people don't want to pay shipping on Ebay unless it's a really nice item.

I had Insanity bonus DVD sets I was trying to sell on MFP for $80 and didn't get a bite (retails for $150+ shipping). I put those on ebay and they sold for $120 each so that worked out well!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I save a pair of pants from my highest weight just to stare at them and remind myself to never go back there. The rest goes to goodwill :)
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Cedarhurst, your insulin signature is very cool. Congratulations.

Thank you!! It's amazing what can happen when you actually listen to your doctor. He told me I would have to lose weight in order to stop feeling like a human pin cushion (testing 6x a day and insulin 4x a day). So, I changed my life. I will always be a diabetic but my doc said at my last appointment that I am no longer "classified" a diabetic. My A1C has been consistently in range. Woohoo!!! I am living proof that it can happen and try to share my experiences with as many as I can.

Awesome! I love to hear success stories like this.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    So far i've been throwing them in the top of my closet! ;) Some I want to get altered, others I will give to Goodwill, or to my sister who is losing weight too but started out higher.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I give mine away to ppl who are that size and need clothes! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!