What’s your food weakness?

Options

Replies

• Louisefen
    Louisefen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Litehouse Bluecheese dressing. Just because it's low carb doesn't mean I can drown my food in it! Crazy calories!
  • RedRobed
    RedRobed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don’t know if I’ve just been lucky or this happens for everyone - but I’ve found the healthier I’ve started eating the more I’ve craved the healthier foods and forgotten the less healthy that appealed before. Pizza and chip shop chips stall play on my mind though so I’d say they’re the weakness.
  • lowcarbmami
    lowcarbmami Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @RedRobed im finding the same with me. Since I’ve cut out added sugars, I find that I don’t have any sugar cravings. Also, since I’ve been making more stir frys with vegetables—esp broccoli, I’ve been wanting more stir frys with broccoli because it tastes so good to me
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Carbs and, lately, chocolate. When I was younger, it was salty things like pretzels and Doritos. (I really need to get this under control.)
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @VegjoyP if the sweets are hard to do completely without, try to train your taste buds to do with less sugar. For example, make cake frosting with half or a quarter the amount of sugars you’d normally use and instead increase fat content for satiety. Your body metabolizes sugars and fats differently. I bet your mom made some of the best stuff!
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @cwolfman13 you’re right—pasta not inherently bad and portion size is crucial. I travelled to Italy for 3 weeks and saw that they don’t eat the portion sizes of pasta that Americans eat. I tended to overeat pasta and noodles b/c I love it so much. All those carbs break down to sugars, spike insulin, and helps to lead to insulin resistance (which leads to weight gain and obesity). I still do pasta here and there but in smaller portions to make sure I keep my total carb count for the day <100g
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    ice cream is a bad choice for me; there are a few substitutes I have found that are low fat but, still have sugars, outshine frozen fruit bars, and a recipe for rhubarb cherry jello sorbet. this year, rhubarb and raspberries were not productive in MN because of drought. For crunch and saltiness, I crave sunflower seeds, and buy the small ounce individual packages. another bad choice is raw cookie dough. I just tried an apple peanut butter protein smoothie to do instead of high fat ice cream, also.
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @Speakeasy76 Why are you eating to try to stay awake at night?
  • lowcarbmami
    Options
    @amusedmonkey Yeah, nuts are extremely calorie dense and it’s so easy to over do them. I like nuts but I never developed a craving for them. Potato chips on the other hand….like you said, it’s probably best to keep them out of the house in the 1st place to avoid tempted snacking
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    @VegjoyP if the sweets are hard to do completely without, try to train your taste buds to do with less sugar. For example, make cake frosting with half or a quarter the amount of sugars you’d normally use and instead increase fat content for satiety. Your body metabolizes sugars and fats differently. I bet your mom made some of the best stuff!

😄I don't eat any of the foods I intend unless I make a healthy version! I am thin and eat WFPB diet. These are foods that I used to eat and have trouble stopping. I do use monkfruit, stevia and Truvia
    Something that helps my cravings believe it or not is curry and savory dishes 😋
    Peanut butter however....... lol!
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    @Speakeasy76 Why are you eating to try to stay awake at night?

I'm not consciously choosing to eat just so I can stay awake longer. Lack of enough good sleep and/or feeling tired can increase one's appetite and make one more prone to overeating. This is what I"m noticing. I am trying to get to bed earlier, but I also want some time to myself after my kids go to bed.
  • obrienmj
    obrienmj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sweets. If it has sugar in it, I'm all over it! I need to tame my appetite for it.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I also love ramen noodles and pasta plus add potato chips or Doritos to the list. I'd have a difficult time passing up rich chocolate cake, too.
  • mourvedre
    mourvedre Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Louisefen wrote: »
    Litehouse Bluecheese dressing. Just because it's low carb doesn't mean I can drown my food in it! Crazy calories!

Bob's Big Boy Roquefort is even MORE addicting...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    mourvedre wrote: »
    Louisefen wrote: »

Bob's Big Boy Roquefort is even MORE addicting...

I see your Bob's Big Boy Roquefort and raise you a dipping french fries into said dressing.
  • basimmers
    basimmers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Icing buttercream or pb icing
    As far as pasta I eat whole wheat and watch potion size
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    I used to have an issue with sodas, worked my way up to a 2-liter per day, minimum. Tried the diet versions, hated the taste. Went cold turkey, missed the taste, especially in combination with certain meals.

So I made myself a deal. I could have as much as I wanted, but first I had to chug twice the volume of water. So if I wanted a 12oz can, first I had to drink 24oz of water.

At first this still led to me drinking more soda than was good for me, but it didn't take long for me to realize a lot of time I was drinking soda not for the flavor but because I was thirsty, and when the water negated the thirst, many times I had no interest in actually drinking any soda.

These days I drink on average 3-4 12oz sodas per week, guilt free. (Some weeks 5-6, some weeks 1-2.) Plus when I go a few days between sodas, they just taste better than if I have them every day.
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Potatoes in almost any form. Not the healthy kind but the white ones that are used as a vehicle for butter, salt, and cheese.