Did you know that WOMEN can drink beer too?

Options

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    always been a beer drinker.. didn't know I couldn't drink it until now!

but I am also not a rule follower so eff it.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    They want to "empower women", so they're making a beer for chicks? How does that even make sense? I'll stick to my Dos XX, green bottle, salt and lime, thank you!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Women drinking beer? That's just crazy talk...

Companies invest so much money into marketing, branding and advertising for one very good reason. Because it works.

Some women may find the idea of drinking beer off putting as there is a possible stigma attached to it as being unfeminine. Pretty much the same way that guys will avoid "diet" branded products because it appears umasculine. Coke Zero + Pepsi Max = Diet Coke + Diet Pepsi for men. Rebrand beer in a different way and more women will drink it. No biggie.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I remember getting a lecture from a gentleman in a bar once regarding women drinking beer - if you must it needs to be in a glass, apparently it reflected very poorly on my character because I was drinking from the bottle.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I never understood why more women don't like a good stout! It tastes of coffee and or chocolate, and a good guiness draft is relatively low in calories!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I :heart: Beer :love:
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I really like strawberry beer, which is pink in colour and sweet in taste. Fruhli, I think it's called. But it's not a "girl" beer.

Mmm, got me fancying a fruhli now.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Fruhli, I think it's called.

Yep it is. They serve it in a pub near where I work. It's good stuff. I couldn't drink it all night but to start the evening off it's great.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :( I was going to get some Oatmeal Stout tonight ... I guess I'm not supposed to anymore? *sigh* but I don't like light beers. I am now depressed. I am glad you didn't throw this at me on Friday! ;)
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    Chick beer: for women who lack the lady balls to do 4 or 5 tequila shots.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Women drinking beer? That's just crazy talk...

Companies invest so much money into marketing, branding and advertising for one very good reason. Because it works.

Some women may find the idea of drinking beer off putting as there is a possible stigma attached to it as being unfeminine. Pretty much the same way that guys will avoid "diet" branded products because it appears umasculine. Coke Zero + Pepsi Max = Diet Coke + Diet Pepsi for men. Rebrand beer in a different way and more women will drink it. No biggie.

But it is a big deal. I have no problem with people marketing stuff to women, but that just means putting a woman in the commercial, literally showing a woman drinking beer. It does not mean reinforcing ridiculous and outdated stereotypes that women like pick and awful fonts. I mean, the carry case is made to look like a bag/purse. Seriously. We are not that stupid. Also, we are not that predictable. It's patronising.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I remember getting a lecture from a gentleman in a bar once regarding women drinking beer - if you must it needs to be in a glass, apparently it reflected very poorly on my character because I was drinking from the bottle.

Yeah, that means you're a hussy. You're going to hell I'm afraid. If only you'd drunk Chick Beer from a martini glass.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options

Yeah, that means you're a hussy. You're going to hell I'm afraid. If only you'd drunk Chick Beer from a martini glass.

I was afraid of this. Maybe this Chick Beer is my redemption.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    What a gimmick.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    PS is it weird that I find beer breath to be one of the most attractive things on a guy? When my bf drinks beer I just wana pounce him lol

Im that way with Whiskey. grrrr

About this beer... It doesnt matter to me what it tastes like - Id never drink it out of principal alone. And I dont DO pink. Yuck! Bring on the "man" beer and football.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    All the times I bought and drank Yuengling I was drinking the wrong beer!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    PS is it weird that I find beer breath to be one of the most attractive things on a guy? When my bf drinks beer I just wana pounce him lol
    Oh I LOVE beer breath on my husband. Can't get enough of it. It's when he drinks coconut rum that I can't stand it. The smell on his breath is nauseating, and I usually love the taste of coconut.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    [/quote]

About this beer... It doesnt matter to me what it tastes like - Id never drink it out of principal alone. And I dont DO pink. Yuck! Bring on the "man" beer and football.
    [/quote]

Me too, well minus the football part. I've tried but I just can't get into it.

I went to school about 20 min from where they make Yuengling. It was great, we could get 50 cent drafts at all the local bars.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Me too, well minus the football part. I've tried but I just can't get into it.

I went to school about 20 min from where they make Yuengling. It was great, we could get 50 cent drafts at all the local bars.

Baseball (RED SOX) and beer = a perfect night. I don't care for football.

I'm jealous of the cheap Yuengling, I'm a Pennsylvania girl, that stuff is in my blood!
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I miss drinking real, full, delicious beer :( I switched to mgd64 for obvious reasons, but it's no Sierra Navada or any Oktoberfest :( lol