BANANAS!

Options
2»

Replies

• kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like mine when the peel just turned yellow and even with a hint of green. The flavor and consistency is just right. Any hint of brown and I throw them away b/c I HATE the mushiness.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i like bananas half ripe (should taste more tangy than sweet)
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just turned yellow, not to hard but no brown spots. If they get soft they end up as banana bread or muffins.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hollerbach_Funeral_Home.jpg

LOL That's what I was thinking too!

That s**t's bananas, b - a - n - a - n - a - s
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana mostly every day with breakfast. Love 'em with peanut butter and oatmeal.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Softish and in custard. Lots of custard.
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My husband likes them when still firm just starting to turn yellow...I like them alright that way, but I really rarely eat them alone, unless they are frozen . I always have them with something else like in cereal, frozen and in my smoothie or with chocolate or peanut butter. frozen wit a few other favorite flavors added makes a marvelous substitute for ice cream, and they really make a smoothie nice and smooth..................
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love bananas any way I can get my hands on them............. since the floods here in Australia they have been sooooo expensive but was thrilled to be able to buy a couple the other day.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I usually buy them really green from the store then wait until they are good and spotty. They ripen so quickly I usually end up chopping and freezing most of them to add to smoothies.
  • brasslady1
    Options
    Ohhhh Ursy...I think I might try the way you do the bananas...That sounds good to me...
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like mine very ripe where they're still sorta green. I've been like this since I was a kid. I also sometimes top it with 2 tbsp. skippy natural PB or some honey. ALSO, if you freeze them and put some cocoa powder mixed in, its soooo good. You could also add a bit of milk or milk substitute to that if you like. Its very yummy!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Hollerbach_Funeral_Home.jpg

LOL That's what I was thinking too!

That s**t's bananas, b - a - n - a - n - a - s
    that funeral home is actually right by my old apartment
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I prefer them just barely ripened. Not so green that they're hard to peel and bitter but just this side of yellow so they're still very firm and not too sweet. I'm ok with them when they start getting spotty and soft but once the peel starts emitting that odor, I'm done. Thankfully I have a friend who likes them very ripe so they don't go to waste.

I have frozen one but still haven't done anything with it. Maybe someday I'll mash it up and try that for dessert.