Gla:d program for knee arthritis

Options
33gail33
33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
I am 56 and active up until the last 2 months due to my knee being *kitten* (arthritis). I am now limited to riding spin bike daily for 10-30 minutes (with lowest tension) and some seated upper body dumbbell work - walking, swimming, mountain bike, kayak, yoga, heavy lifting are all a no go due to severe pain/locking/popping/loss of mobility. I can't extend or bend my knee (range of motion is 15 - 90 ish degrees) and I can't kneel or get up off the ground, and I now walk with a noticeable limp.

I've had a physio assessment which indicated significant loss of strength on the quads, glutes and hamstring on that side and booked for an 8 week Gla:d arthritis program beginning next week. Wondering if anyone has done that particular program and what to expect with regard to being able to rebuild some strength? Is there anything else I should be doing within my limitations that I haven't thought of?

I am booked for an MRI next month and still hoping there is some meniscus or cartilage problem that didn't show up on Xray/ultrasound that can be repaired, but preparing that it might just be a progression of arthritis, and this is how it is going to be until I can get a joint replacement. It sucks to have such a sudden and extreme loss of mobility at my "relatively young" age - suggestions on how to get through/live with this are welcome.

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I am 56 and active up until the last 2 months due to my knee being *kitten* (arthritis). I am now limited to riding spin bike daily for 10-30 minutes (with lowest tension) and some seated upper body dumbbell work - walking, swimming, mountain bike, kayak, yoga, heavy lifting are all a no go due to severe pain/locking/popping/loss of mobility. I can't extend or bend my knee (range of motion is 15 - 90 ish degrees) and I can't kneel or get up off the ground, and I now walk with a noticeable limp.

I've had a physio assessment which indicated significant loss of strength on the quads, glutes and hamstring on that side and booked for an 8 week Gla:d arthritis program beginning next week. Wondering if anyone has done that particular program and what to expect with regard to being able to rebuild some strength? Is there anything else I should be doing within my limitations that I haven't thought of?

I am booked for an MRI next month and still hoping there is some meniscus or cartilage problem that didn't show up on Xray/ultrasound that can be repaired, but preparing that it might just be a progression of arthritis, and this is how it is going to be until I can get a joint replacement. It sucks to have such a sudden and extreme loss of mobility at my "relatively young" age - suggestions on how to get through/live with this are welcome.

What is this program? I am in line for an eventual knee replacement and just received my first cortisone shot last week (HUGE improvement!!). I need to improve my BMI before they will consider surgery which will also give me time to strengthen the muscles in order to increase the chance of successful surgery.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I was told 15 years ago that I desperately needed a total knee replacement. I had like maybe 25 degrees range of motion and shredded the meniscus off the bone. Was told I'd have severe arthritis for life in that knee.

I still have the same knee. No pain, full range of motion. I'm not sure when, or if, I'll get it replaced. I've had one guy, that specializes in rich platelet therapy tell me, if he were me, he'd go that route instead since I have full ROM now.

I just did what I could for two years after my knee dislocation. Sometimes it was just a few revolutions on a bike. I now row on a machine an hour at a time, I can ride an Assault Bike for an hour, no problem. I can walk for miles with no pain. I can't jog or run anymore, so what (though I did love it).

I do struggle with barbell work -- feels like the knee will basically destruct under heavy pressure -- but I do what I can with machines and heavy kettlebells (I use a 70 lb KB for swings, I worked up to that very gradually).

Like Chief said, our bodies, even damaged, love to move more than they like to stay inactive. You'll have immensely more pain doing nothing or limiting yourself. Sometimes you have to play around to see what hurts and what doesn't. Things that used to be off limits for me are no longer off limits. Just one example, Bulgarian Split Squats I can do now -- not hardly any weight, but still, that's a huge win for me.

I'm around your age (57 next month). Even if you have to get a joint replacement, movement now will help immensely with that recovery. I'll be honest, the only folks that I know that haven't had any issues with joint replacement were folks that were VERY active to start. 40% of joint replacements don't go well. I have two siblings that have had terrible times after joint replacements. One with a hip and she still can't walk and the other with a knee that hurts more now than it did before. Joint replacements are not a guarantee of being pain free, contrary to what docs tell you.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    I looked up the program. Seems like simple and very light resistance work and flexibility exercises. Nothing hard or complex, but focused. Good luck with that!

I don't remember where you are with your weight journey, but every bit of weight you drop helps dramatically with joints as well. And that can be in the kitchen with limited movement.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

What is this program? I am in line for an eventual knee replacement and just received my first cortisone shot last week (HUGE improvement!!). I need to improve my BMI before they will consider surgery which will also give me time to strengthen the muscles in order to increase the chance of successful surgery.

https://whenithurtstomove.org/glad-osteoarthritis-exercise-program/

The physio did tell me that even if I need surgery strengthening before hand will help with it. I was thinking of looking into cortisone shots when I finally get to see an orthopedic surgeon, last time I saw one was 3 years ago and they didn't think it was warranted at the time.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I have a autoimmune disease that attacks my joints, tendons, and organs with chronic pain 24/7. I walk with a cane at times and also professional train others of all types of issues that are challenging. I can't comment on the program you are about to use, but if you haven't trained in months I expect any program to deliver some strength gains.

Any training now and in the future would be enhanced for long tern utilizing both proper load management and auto regulation. Sometimes we may be limited in range of motion or the ability to perform certain exercises, the trick is to find what we can do within a well written program.

Here is a pic of me exactly one week after I literally couldn't walk because my left knee was too swollen and painful. Training is better than not, as long as it is useful stress we are dosing.
    ri089n977ex7.png

Interesting - I know for me there is a factor of "fear" as well. I mean the pain is bad enough, but when it hits there is also that fear that my knee is about to "blow". I have chronic pain and swelling which I can live with, but what scares me is the sharp popping/locking pain - when that hits it's like a knife behind the knee cap and if I had full weight on that knee I would probably fall. But that thankfully is down from a few weeks ago when it was happening 50 ish times a day, to just occasionally now. I was doing heavy (ish) for me weight training in the spring but I feel like I have lost any gains now - I think probably best if I start back with this program and then when I graduate continue on to something more intense. It is so frustrating to have to keep starting over.

I think I need to get more mobility back before I trust lifting heavier - my knee right now I am unable to straighten and being constantly bent it just doesn't feel secure to me. Does that happen to you? Maybe this program will give me more mobility.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    I was told 15 years ago that I desperately needed a total knee replacement. I had like maybe 25 degrees range of motion and shredded the meniscus off the bone. Was told I'd have severe arthritis for life in that knee.

I still have the same knee. No pain, full range of motion. I'm not sure when, or if, I'll get it replaced. I've had one guy, that specializes in rich platelet therapy tell me, if he were me, he'd go that route instead since I have full ROM now.

I just did what I could for two years after my knee dislocation. Sometimes it was just a few revolutions on a bike. I now row on a machine an hour at a time, I can ride an Assault Bike for an hour, no problem. I can walk for miles with no pain. I can't jog or run anymore, so what (though I did love it).

I do struggle with barbell work -- feels like the knee will basically destruct under heavy pressure -- but I do what I can with machines and heavy kettlebells (I use a 70 lb KB for swings, I worked up to that very gradually).

Like Chief said, our bodies, even damaged, love to move more than they like to stay inactive. You'll have immensely more pain doing nothing or limiting yourself. Sometimes you have to play around to see what hurts and what doesn't. Things that used to be off limits for me are no longer off limits. Just one example, Bulgarian Split Squats I can do now -- not hardly any weight, but still, that's a huge win for me.

I'm around your age (57 next month). Even if you have to get a joint replacement, movement now will help immensely with that recovery. I'll be honest, the only folks that I know that haven't had any issues with joint replacement were folks that were VERY active to start. 40% of joint replacements don't go well. I have two siblings that have had terrible times after joint replacements. One with a hip and she still can't walk and the other with a knee that hurts more now than it did before. Joint replacements are not a guarantee of being pain free, contrary to what docs tell you.

I am now trying to see what I can do, but there is some fear of going backwards because for several weeks I couldn't do anything (even walk) without intermittant sharp pain behind the knee cap and locking. I can live with the chronic pain and stiffness, swelling etc, but that pain was just something that takes your breath away. Somehow that has gotten better but in the meantime I have lost strength and have to start working my way back.

Is your injury in one compartment or all three? I have tri-compartmental arthritis so it is in every part of the knee. It is good to hear that yours has gotten so much better, I really do want to keep moving I feel like I am old before my time with this right now. The weird thing about my pain is that it isn't localized in one area, some days it is worse on the medical section, sometimes behind the kneecap, back of the knee, and along the top of the patella.

I don't want to have a knee replacement and the responses in this thread have given me hope that maybe I can recover and strengthen without that.
  • 33gail33
    Options
    I looked up the program. Seems like simple and very light resistance work and flexibility exercises. Nothing hard or complex, but focused. Good luck with that!

I don't remember where you are with your weight journey, but every bit of weight you drop helps dramatically with joints as well. And that can be in the kitchen with limited movement.

My BMI is 29 :( - so yeah that isn't good. I need to lose about 40 lbs to be at a 23 BMI, so that is something I need to work on. Unfortunately with the lack of mobility I have been eating more not less out of boredom and stress.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

https://whenithurtstomove.org/glad-osteoarthritis-exercise-program/

The physio did tell me that even if I need surgery strengthening before hand will help with it. I was thinking of looking into cortisone shots when I finally get to see an orthopedic surgeon, last time I saw one was 3 years ago and they didn't think it was warranted at the time.

Thanks. The last time I saw an Ortho was 6 years ago and I didn't have significant pain at the time. The first time was 20 years ago so I have been living with this off and on for ages, Age, more wear and tear, and added weight have finally made enough changes that the shots were indicated. Haven't done an MRI yet (that will be when we get closer to actual replacement) but X-rays show severe osteoarthritis in the patellar-femoral compartment. They did not do a weight bearing X-ray so I don't know how much meniscus is left but 6 years ago there were a lot of small tears.

Start with the shot, see how much my mobility improves, and go from there. Even a little improvement in mobility will help both my current quality of life AND help me become more active so I can lose weight and strengthen the leg.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I have a autoimmune disease that attacks my joints, tendons, and organs with chronic pain 24/7. I walk with a cane at times and also professional train others of all types of issues that are challenging. I can't comment on the program you are about to use, but if you haven't trained in months I expect any program to deliver some strength gains.

Any training now and in the future would be enhanced for long tern utilizing both proper load management and auto regulation. Sometimes we may be limited in range of motion or the ability to perform certain exercises, the trick is to find what we can do within a well written program.

Here is a pic of me exactly one week after I literally couldn't walk because my left knee was too swollen and painful. Training is better than not, as long as it is useful stress we are dosing.
    ri089n977ex7.png

Interesting - I know for me there is a factor of "fear" as well. I mean the pain is bad enough, but when it hits there is also that fear that my knee is about to "blow". I have chronic pain and swelling which I can live with, but what scares me is the sharp popping/locking pain - when that hits it's like a knife behind the knee cap and if I had full weight on that knee I would probably fall. But that thankfully is down from a few weeks ago when it was happening 50 ish times a day, to just occasionally now. I was doing heavy (ish) for me weight training in the spring but I feel like I have lost any gains now - I think probably best if I start back with this program and then when I graduate continue on to something more intense. It is so frustrating to have to keep starting over.

I think I need to get more mobility back before I trust lifting heavier - my knee right now I am unable to straighten and being constantly bent it just doesn't feel secure to me. Does that happen to you? Maybe this program will give me more mobility.

Yes the "fear" is even there for people that aren't experiencing this. That is why it's ideal to keep you performing a ROM with a intensity you can handle confidently for a exercise you can perform the task at hand. With goal of improving over time hopefully...right?

Yes the pain you describe was very similar to one of my knee caps probably from the swelling(doesn't really matter why but more than likely)....boy it is sharp like a knife....lol. The other knee is just "loose" from the deformity from the disease but I can usually reign technique to keep that in check and use spotters with the understanding if I have a problem where it will happen.

Yes you have lost the intensity of where you were in Spring, but hopefully things take a turn for the better you can get that back in appropriate time.

With any well written program that uses auto regulation and proper load management we expect to increase ROM and strength.

Working towards more ROM before increasing intensity is usually the way I dose training in these cases though it is based on the individual & how they are responding and recovering.

I don't know enough info on you to advise you other that what I have bolded. You need the correct weight, dosage of volume, at the best ROM you can perform confidently with the goal to improve over time. A careful eye by your medical team/trainer should be able to accomplish this and obviously follow your team :smile: .

I will also say "heavy" is subjective to the individual and his/her adaptations. Somebody's "heavy" might be 20kg or 300kg. I wouldn't concentrate on the number as much as what the actual stimulus is with the short and long term goals.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    I've never had mine looked at since the last time I saw my surgeon, to be honest. So I'm not sure where my arthritis is currently. I'm sure I have it, but I don't sweat it.

To be honest, it sounds like there's more going on. Like you slightly tore your meniscus too. And there's really no such thing as a slight meniscus tear. That's what I did -- shredded mine off the bone. And it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced except the actual knee separation.

Look -- there's more and more studies proving that meniscus surgery for folks over 50 doesn't do much more than PT does. It just takes time for it to feel better and get more ROM back. See what the MRI says. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if you tore your meniscus. But before you get surgery, consult a PT and see if PT alone has similar outcomes to meniscus surgery and PT.

I walked with a severe limp for over a year. As it got better and I worked and strengthened it more, that limp got discernably less over time and now it's only noticeable when I walk down the stairs in the AM (only my 3 dogs and 2 cats see me then!).
  • 33gail33
    Options
    I've never had mine looked at since the last time I saw my surgeon, to be honest. So I'm not sure where my arthritis is currently. I'm sure I have it, but I don't sweat it.

To be honest, it sounds like there's more going on. Like you slightly tore your meniscus too
    . And there's really no such thing as a slight meniscus tear. That's what I did -- shredded mine off the bone. And it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced except the actual knee separation.

Look -- there's more and more studies proving that meniscus surgery for folks over 50 doesn't do much more than PT does. It just takes time for it to feel better and get more ROM back. See what the MRI says. I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if you tore your meniscus. But before you get surgery, consult a PT and see if PT alone has similar outcomes to meniscus surgery and PT.

I walked with a severe limp for over a year. As it got better and I worked and strengthened it more, that limp got discernably less over time and now it's only noticeable when I walk down the stairs in the AM (only my 3 dogs and 2 cats see me then!).

I think so too - I do have arthritis and there was some progression shown in my latest imaging as well as a large popliteal cyst - but my GP even said that doesn't explain the worst of my symptoms. My knee was getting gradually worse, but then there was a sudden extreme progression, which has gradually eased a bit over several weeks. It does seem to me that there might be some sore of acute injury on top of the arthritis.
  • 33gail33
    edited October 2021
    Options

ri089n977ex7.png

Yes the "fear" is even there for people that aren't experiencing this. That is why it's ideal to keep you performing a ROM with a intensity you can handle confidently for a exercise you can perform the task at hand. With goal of improving over time hopefully...right?

Yes the pain you describe was very similar to one of my knee caps probably from the swelling(doesn't really matter why but more than likely)....boy it is sharp like a knife....lol. The other knee is just "loose" from the deformity from the disease but I can usually reign technique to keep that in check and use spotters with the understanding if I have a problem where it will happen.

Yes you have lost the intensity of where you were in Spring, but hopefully things take a turn for the better you can get that back in appropriate time.

With any well written program that uses auto regulation and proper load management we expect to increase ROM and strength.

Working towards more ROM before increasing intensity is usually the way I dose training in these cases though it is based on the individual & how they are responding and recovering.

I don't know enough info on you to advise you other that what I have bolded. You need the correct weight, dosage of volume, at the best ROM you can perform confidently with the goal to improve over time. A careful eye by your medical team/trainer should be able to accomplish this and obviously follow your team :smile: .

I will also say "heavy" is subjective to the individual and his/her adaptations. Somebody's "heavy" might be 20kg or 300kg. I wouldn't concentrate on the number as much as what the actual stimulus is with the short and long term goals.

Thanks yes this makes sense - the program I am doing is not high intensity and it 8 weeks - so maybe starting with that might help build that side up to closer to the other side so there isn't so much of a strength and ROM imbalance - then I can go on from there. I do have mild arthritis in the other knee as well so once I am back closer to baseline I can work on increasing gradually. I have started this week *very carefully* using the "bad" side again for stepping up stairs and such, I was favoring it for so long even in day to day life it's not surprising that there is a big imbalance.

It's good to hear other people have gone/are going through similar and are doing well.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Not as bad, and it's my hips, but I've lived with OA for years. I'm with @Cheiflrg and Mike on this. I have to do what I can do everyday and slightly push myself. I work through pain and stiffness gradually. So far, I've avoided a hip replacement and have actually bettered my situation. I was convinced 10 yrs ago that I'd wind up in a wheelchair in a couple of years.

I'm now 66 and exercise everyday. I swim 2x a week, acquagym 2x a week, yogaflex 1 a week, tai chi 1 a week, power walking (40 min) 3x a week, and my own stretching-yoga-exercises 2x a week. Joining MFP and being active has changed my life. I still have relapses, but slowly work through it. I used to be unstable going down stairs ( I placed my hand on my husband's shoulder for stability). After adding squats, and planking to my exercises, I now skip down the stairs ahead of him.

It takes a lot of time and effort, but I can then manage to do much more than 10 yrs ago. I wish you luck, and just be persistent. You'll find your way.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Here's some good news -- if you can't bend and it's popping and keeping you from full ROM, you at least have some meniscus left in your knee! I didn't have any -- doc said I literally shredded it off the bone.

Please look up (just Google) Meniscus surgery over 50. What most studies are saying now is that surgery doesn't improve, and in some cases is worse, than doing nothing for folks over 50. Eventually, if you keep working gently at ROM (like with your program you're going to do), you will regain the ROM. It also sounds like you'll gently work on strength as well through your program.

I found Stationary Bike and Spinning (if you don't have a bad instructor) to be a Godsend. Elliptical not so much. I don't know, but elliptical caused way too much lateral stress and hurt for a long time (I can do it now but not back then).

You're not done yet. You'll recover from this and maybe even get stronger.

@snowflake954 -- both you and Chief are inspiring! That's impressive how far you've come!
  • 33gail33
    Options
    Thanks all - I almost didn't start this thread but I am glad I did - it is very encouraging. Last summer I got wiped out for 6+ months with "post viral fatigue syndrome" and just when I was back on track this year this knee thing hit me. It is frustrating to have to start again and I while can see why older people sometimes want give up I certainly don't and have confidence that I will get through this. Right now I am just practicing walking up and down the stairs without my brace, and next week will have my first physio session and will get a better idea how hard I can push it. :smiley:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Here's some good news -- if you can't bend and it's popping and keeping you from full ROM, you at least have some meniscus left in your knee! I didn't have any -- doc said I literally shredded it off the bone.

Please look up (just Google) Meniscus surgery over 50. What most studies are saying now is that surgery doesn't improve, and in some cases is worse, than doing nothing for folks over 50. Eventually, if you keep working gently at ROM (like with your program you're going to do), you will regain the ROM. It also sounds like you'll gently work on strength as well through your program.

I found Stationary Bike and Spinning (if you don't have a bad instructor) to be a Godsend. Elliptical not so much. I don't know, but elliptical caused way too much lateral stress and hurt for a long time (I can do it now but not back then).

You're not done yet. You'll recover from this and maybe even get stronger.

@snowflake954 -- both you and Chief are inspiring! That's impressive how far you've come!

Thanks Mike. Chief is the one that inspires. I chimed in because I'm an average older woman, and if I can better things anyone can. Looking at Chief with those enormous weights might intimidate someone and make them think that they can't even try. Start small and slow and see where you can go.

Right now I'm working on lunges. I can't do a decent one and am very stiff. I have a hard time getting up after crouching down to clean or fix something. I'm 5'11'' and creaky. I decided to bite the bullet and insist on lunges to strengthen those muscles. I hang onto the bedpost, but am starting with a few everyday. After a month, I want to see if I can improve a bit.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this party, but: I have at least one torn meniscus (diagnosed via MRI), and I think I've torn the other one, too (feelz) . . . and suspect both were at least made more acute, if not fully caused, by running (not very much running, even). I do have some OA, not super bad I think, and some debris in the joint (presumably from the meniscus or OA). I was offered surgery (clean-up, first; with likelihood of needing knee replacement later whether I had the clean-up or not).

Things that have helped reduce discomfort, improve function:

* Cortisone shot: Just had one, which helped me feel enough better that I could do . . .

* PT, focused on helping me learn to walk and especially climb stairs in ways that would reduce knee stress. (PT assessment found my muscular strength was OK, or we would've worked on that, too. I was not new to exercise at that time.)

* Weight loss - huge improvement. Maybe the single biggest persistent improvement, for me. One of several reasons I prefer to be on the lower-ish side of normal BMI range (around 21 +/1), a thing that's OK for my skeletal configuration.

* Experimenting to figure out what types of exercises made things worse in a persisting way, and avoiding those (I still do some that don't feel great while doing them, but that don't seem to make things head downhill further over time). I think this will vary by person, but I find I can do things that involve strong, straight-line pushing (rowing, cycling), but need to avoid high impact (running, high-impact dance-y things); most things with fast-break moves (say, running games like tennis or basketball); or things that involve turning on a weighted leg (some of the game type stuff, some martial arts).

* Good shoes, not too worn out, for longer walking especially.

* Experimenting with sleeping positions, pillow props, etc., to minimize nighttime discomfort, maybe improve sleep quality.

* I say this next with trepidation: Acupuncture, which I did briefly, but with good effect. I'm not usually suggestible, but the science to support this is poor to limited, so 🤷‍♀️.

* The stronger I get (without causing more injury), the better.

* To a limited extent, paying attention to balance, both balanced muscular strength, and unbalanced tightness (stretching or massaging/foam rolling things that get too tight), in the knee-related muscle groups.

Totally subjective experience, no proof, just my opinions, blah blah blah.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm late to this party, but: I have at least one torn meniscus (diagnosed via MRI), and I think I've torn the other one, too (feelz) . . . and suspect both were at least made more acute, if not fully caused, by running (not very much running, even). I do have some OA, not super bad I think, and some debris in the joint (presumably from the meniscus or OA). I was offered surgery (clean-up, first; with likelihood of needing knee replacement later whether I had the clean-up or not).

* Cortisone shot: Just had one, which helped me feel enough better that I could do . . .

* PT, focused on helping me learn to walk and especially climb stairs in ways that would reduce knee stress. (PT assessment found my muscular strength was OK, or we would've worked on that, too. I was not new to exercise at that time.)

* Weight loss - huge improvement. Maybe the single biggest persistent improvement, for me. One of several reasons I prefer to be on the lower-ish side of normal BMI range (around 21 +/1), a thing that's OK for my skeletal configuration.

* Experimenting to figure out what types of exercises made things worse in a persisting way, and avoiding those (I still do some that don't feel great while doing them, but that don't seem to make things head downhill further over time). I think this will vary by person, but I find I can do things that involve strong, straight-line pushing (rowing, cycling), but need to avoid high impact (running, high-impact dance-y things); most things with fast-break moves (say, running games like tennis or basketball); or things that involve turning on a weighted leg (some of the game type stuff, some martial arts).

* Experimenting with sleeping positions, pillow props, etc., to minimize nighttime discomfort, maybe improve sleep quality.

* I say this next with trepidation: Acupuncture, which I did briefly, but with good effect. I'm not usually suggestible, but the science to support this is poor to limited, so 🤷‍♀️.

* To a limited extent, paying attention to balance, both balanced muscular strength, and unbalanced tightness (stretching or massaging/foam rolling things that get too tight), in the knee-related muscle groups.

Oh, this caught my eye when it was mentioned it on the stairs thread. I see my PT Monday and will have to remember to ask her about it. She has 5 stairs in the PT room and I've added a reminder in my phone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,102 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Oh, this caught my eye when it was mentioned it on the stairs thread. I see my PT Monday and will have to remember to ask her about it. She has 5 stairs in the PT room and I've added a reminder in my phone.

Hope you learn something useful. You may be doing it right. I wasn't. I assume there could be multiple ways to do it wrong, too. 🙄 I needed to push from the bottom leg more, pull from the top leg less.