Alcohol- Fewest Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    I always mix vodka with any SF/Calorie Free drink mix. For example, I'll buy the drink mix that will make 2 Quarts (lemonade is good, so is strawberry kiwi, cherry limeade) when you add water.. Then I will make a drink with the Strawberry Kiwi drink, some vodka, and a splash of Sprite Zero. You're getting taste, but only the calories in the vodka (like someone said earlier). Just experiment with different drink flavors (SF/Cal Free), and use those as your base for your drink.

Happy drinking! But just in moderation (be safe and responsible, duh!) Remember: nothing tastes as good as skinny feels (and being drunk one night def doesn't compare to being at a healthy, happy weight!) :flowerforyou:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    Options
    I always mix vodka with any SF/Calorie Free drink mix. For example, I'll buy the drink mix that will make 2 Quarts (lemonade is good, so is strawberry kiwi, cherry limeade) when you add water.. Then I will make a drink with the Strawberry Kiwi drink, some vodka, and a splash of Sprite Zero. You're getting taste, but only the calories in the vodka (like someone said earlier). Just experiment with different drink flavors (SF/Cal Free), and use those as your base for your drink.
    I do this too. I like to put it in the blender with ice...kinda like a margarita.
  • jeromie11
    Options
    I'm a bourbon drinker, I usually drink it straight up or with a splash of water. The food diary lists Maker's Mark Bourbon at only 69 calories per serving. Can anyone verify this? I can't find it anywhere.
  • jeromie11
    Options
    Nevermind, it is 69 cals. per oz. = 276 cal per shot = not good......I need to find a new drink of choice.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I stand by Rum & Diet. Add a twist of lemon or lime. Or just used the Diet Coke infused with either!:drinker:

However, the alcohol calories are definitely what kill my weekends. :grumble:
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have a weakness for wine white or red or even blush, but white does have a few less calories. I e-mailed with a local winery and they gave me the calorie content for wine. i'll copy and paste it for you, ok it is not working for some reason but it did say that :

Merlot had 95 cal
    Rielsing 90 cal
    Chardonay 90 cal
    White Zifandel 80 cal

there were others that i can e-mail to anyone that is interested

So needless to say i try and stick to wine as much as possible
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    I would rate myself as a regular drinker and I ALWAYS get a grey goose with soda water and a couple of limes.

I can't drink artificial sweetner and soda water is naturally calorie free...Its the best and because it's top shelf vodka-no terrible hangover (unless you drink 10 or something:)!! Enjoy your weekend!

:drinker: Bottoms Up!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Bacardi and Coke Zero. I never drink soda, but this drink is one with the fewest calories. Also, try Three Olives flavored vodka (cherry, grape and Mango are the yummiest) with diet sprite. Lastly, reg cranberry juice with equal parts water (to lessen sugar and calories) with vodka. For beer, I drink Budlight or Miller Lite.

Yes, I eat clean and I live a very healthy lifestyle, but I also like to have a good time... LOL :bigsmile:
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    :grumble:
    Have a skinny B***H - Water, Vodka and lemon! My friend swears by them, they take forever to drink cuz they're so strong tasting.

HAHA!! now i know what you'll be ordering!! tee hee...

my co-worker said she orders citrus flavored vodka and water with lemon.. she says it tastes like lemonade.. i personally drink a lot of beer (hence the beer belly :grumble: ) but i guess i would go with bud select.
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    I recommend a hard liquor (Vodka, Rum, Tequila, something like that) mixed with non-caloric items. The reasoning for this is that having any kind of sugar (fruit juice, V8 or sugared cola) affects your insulin levels and causes a hunger response. Beer will do the same thing, since it has a lot of natural sugars in it.

Hard liquor does not typically contain natural sugar (they have been converted to alcohol) unless it is falvored after the distilling process. Alcohol is the only item that does not require insulin for the body to process it (go figure), therefore it does not trigger the munchies. (That is why beer drinkers get a beer belly, but people who drink a lot of scotch or the like, tend to be skinnier.) These are both things that I learned as a nurse.

SO- while calories are usually calories, the lack of effect on insulin may be worth taking into consideration.

153131.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • a20gleason
    Options
    i was wondering the same question since we are going out this weekend for a friends birthday! now i have all kinds of good ideas!!! thanks!
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    I recommend a hard liquor (Vodka, Rum, Tequila, something like that) mixed with non-caloric items. The reasoning for this is that having any kind of sugar (fruit juice, V8 or sugared cola) affects your insulin levels and causes a hunger response. Beer will do the same thing, since it has a lot of natural sugars in it.

Hard liquor does not typically contain natural sugar (they have been converted to alcohol) unless it is falvored after the distilling process. Alcohol is the only item that does not require insulin for the body to process it (go figure), therefore it does not trigger the munchies. (That is why beer drinkers get a beer belly, but people who drink a lot of scotch or the like, tend to be skinnier.) These are both things that I learned as a nurse.

SO- while calories are usually calories, the lack of effect on insulin may be worth taking into consideration.

153131.png

Well Hellooooo there Scotch!!! heh heh
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

153131.png

Well Hellooooo there Scotch!!! heh heh

MMM....Scotch. I love Scotch....scotchy scotch scotch.