October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 You have a great plan for moving forward with no big goal looming.

@AlphaHowls So sorry to hear about your mom. Hugs to you all. I know she was very blessed to have you with her all these years. I hope the dental implant didn't affect your running too much. I know keeping up your streak is important to you for many reasons.

@rheddmobile Nice running weather. Sorry that Memphis closes it's parks so early and open so late. Hopefully you can figure something out. Well, I'm sure you already know what you have to do. It's not like it's your first year of running and living in Memphis.

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Walked 1, Ran 4 today.
    Yesterday was a rest day, and I did Yoga for Runners again. It was not a good food day, as a lot of frustration was had. My run felt not great physically (most likely due to poor food choices), but way good mentally this morning.

October progress - I've already surpassed my walk mileage goal for the month, and I'm .5 miles from my miles goal. I think I probably set them too low, so I'll be adjusting that a little for next month. :smile:

October mileage:
    W: 11 (out of 10) , R: 39.5 (out of 40)
    10/2 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/4 - W: 1, R: 3.5
    10/6 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/8 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/9- W: 1, R: 5
    10/11 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/13 - W: 1, R: 4
    10/15 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/16 - W: 1, R: 5
    10/18 - W: 1, R: 3
    10/20 - W: 1, R: 4

Total shoe mileage: 56.5
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls - So sorry to hear about your mom. Lots of good vibes being sent your way. 🍀

@quilteryoyo - I hope your back feels better soon!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 . I'm glad you had a nice run and sorry that the cause of it may be your new shoes.....but am glad that you figured it out, if that is the case.

@CarsonSurfs You have done great with your comeback. That sounds like a sound plan. And, you are right, now that it is in writing for the entire world to see, so you have to do it! :wink: I think it's cool that it'll be close to the 10th anniversary of your last BQ.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    I had a 7 am dental appointment this morning so I didn’t get to do my normal Wednesday morning before work run. It’s a beautiful Fall day though so I’m planning to get out after work this evening. I much rather prefer running under the cover of darkness than out and about where people can see me!

Hugs and prayers to you @AlphaHowls. How blessed your mom has been to have you to care for her all these years. I’m sure it has required a lot of personal sacrifice from you. I hope that I can do the same for my parents if/when that time comes.

@julieannegannon – I echo what everyone else has said – of course you are welcome here!

@quilteryoyo – Glad you are following doctors orders even though hard not to do the things we want to do. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502 ! It was a beautiful fall day. I hope you were able to get out and have a nice run.

@ereck44 Sorry your run wasn't the best, but you got it done and got to enjoy the great outdoors, at least. And, yes, I do try to floss every night. I may miss once or twice a month. I started doing that when I started with this new dentist a few years back and had to have a deep cleaning because my old dentist/hygienist wasn't doing proper cleanings when I saw them, for years. I don't ever want to have to do that again, so, flossing every day it is. Thanks for the recommendation for my back. Yes, it is a strain. I am now seeing a chiropractor to help and it seems to be working.

@marisap2010 Sounds like a good decision on waiting until the Wineglass Marathon. Good luck with your training.

@julieannegannon Nice walking, but sorry you were in pain afterwards. Glad you were able to get some relief.