October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great race report, @polskagirl01! Sounds like you trained well for a challenging race!

I ran a virtual 5K this morning and then did some ab work. The weather here is finally starting to get a little cooler, so I hope to have pleasant temps for my runs soon.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - Congratulations on a great race! Sounds like you managed it well!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Hooray for your half marathon @polskagirl01 ! That final hill with the 13% grade looks like a killer!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hooray for your half marathon @polskagirl01 ! That final hill with the 13% grade looks like a killer!
    Yep, it was killing some people 😆
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @marisap2010, I was wondering where you’d gotten to.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    October 1 – 5.14
    October 2 – 22.24
    October 4 – 5.14
    October 5 – 3.01
    October 6 – 5.05
    October 8 – 6.02
    October 10 – 5.50

An easy trail run in our local park this morning.

@shanaber – I had not heard of the high-dose flu shot until yesterday. I got my flu shot at work last week and I assume it was just the standard dose.

Well done @polskagirl01! Sounds like you managed those hills just fine. I love that you share a bit of Poland with us in your race reports.

Welcome back @marisap2010!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great half, @polskagirl01 !!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished my marathon today. No real race report lol I started a few minutes after 5 since I woke up at 4. My DH and dog met me at about the half way point at a nature area to swap bottles of skratch. I walked with them for a bit. I was feeling really great until mile 20. The last 10k was definitely more mental. I walked 2 of the last 6 miles. I tried to finish in under 6 hours but just missed with 6:01:55.

It was hard being a lone runner but I imagined everyone I passed in either direction was doing it with me as well.

I looked at my watch at 26.16 and got a little overwhelmed with emotions and almost cried. 26.22 today

68.28/68.2 Goals made!

Super marathon!!!
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Well, I finished my marathon today. No real race report lol I started a few minutes after 5 since I woke up at 4. My DH and dog met me at about the half way point at a nature area to swap bottles of skratch. I walked with them for a bit. I was feeling really great until mile 20. The last 10k was definitely more mental. I walked 2 of the last 6 miles. I tried to finish in under 6 hours but just missed with 6:01:55.

It was hard being a lone runner but I imagined everyone I passed in either direction was doing it with me as well.

I looked at my watch at 26.16 and got a little overwhelmed with emotions and almost cried. 26.22 today

68.28/68.2 Goals made!

This is super impressive!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great job, @RunsOnEspresso! I know a solo marathon is tough. My last marathon was cancelled in March 2020 at the last minute due to COVID, so I ran mine virtually too, and it is definitely a different and tougher experience. You rock!

@katharmonic New shoes are exciting! Can’t wait to see them.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Welcome back @marisap2010 . Glad things are settling down for you.

Yeah for a great run @Tramboman !

Nice running @CarsonSurfs !

Thanks @Scott6255 ! Great run. You'll do great in your race next weekend.

Great race report and great running @polskagirl01 ! Congratulations. Sounds like a perfect day. Love the swag.

@shanaber I hope you are feeling better in the morning.

Great running @johnisrunning

Congratulations @RunsOnEspresso ! Finishing a virtual marathon is an awesome achievement.

@katharmonic Nice run and lovely view. Glad you got your new shoes.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well on my back pain. It's still hurting today...maybe a bit better. Still, it's been a few days, so I'm thinking about calling my PCP tomorrow and see what he wants to do. I did walk a mile on the treadmill this afternoon, after a much needed nap.

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso wow, congratulations on your virtual marathon. A truly impressive mental and physical accomplishment! Really well done.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso So impressed with the virtual marathon!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @marisap2010 Welcome back! Good luck with your marathon training plan.

@polskagirl01 Great write-up! Are you doing three half marathons in three weeks?

@RunsOnEspresso Bravo on running your marathon on your own! Exciting and I can quite understand getting teary. Inspirational.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Outstanding effort @RunsOnEspresso.

@katharmonic, I’m interested to hear what you think of the Ghost 14. I’m a huge fan of the 13s but hate the 14s, the soles of my feet start to burn after 40 minutes. Hence my recent Asics purchase.