THE Team Week 5

Options

Replies

• dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    chantybear, I must've missed it, how did the exams go? (hope I'm not mixing you people up, but I'm still new here :blushing: )

I also hate Mondays. On a regular basis. Except for this one :happy: , which went so well work-wise, that I am really happy and motivated. It must be because I took better care of my sleeping hours, made sure I take good rest.

Also, today I drank more water and I think it's flushing the water weight away :drinker: . Plus I did 1 and 1/2 sessions of aerobics todays and that feels GOOD.

Love to see everyone staying tuned and supportive with each other. Keep up the good work, people :flowerforyou: .
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have to ask ya'll... am I crazy? I watched that show "Half Ton Mom" last night, and I swear, watching this women stuck in bed because she weighs nearly 1000 pounds made me HUNGRY. You think it'd do the opposite, right?? Of course it might have been because the only commercials during it were for fast food and junk food... what's up with that???

So am I nuts about the wanting to eat when I see shows about really fat people... or was it the commercials???

Have to add - I DIDN'T eat but it was hard not to.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Kristi, LI4G and Adopt4 - I just noticed all 4 of us have lost 18 lbs..

Yeah...
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    losingit4good: great before and after shots! Way to go! :glasses:

I am trying to get back on track after a sugar filled weekend. (darn cupcakes were soooo good)
    I also ate a small supper to make up for short exercise session today. Better effort tomorrow when I go to the pool.

Goal is to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Enjoying the sit up challenge. Feels good to work at something and get better.
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    chantybear, I must've missed it, how did the exams go? (hope I'm not mixing you people up, but I'm still new here :blushing: )

I also hate Mondays. On a regular basis. Except for this one :happy: , which went so well work-wise, that I am really happy and motivated. It must be because I took better care of my sleeping hours, made sure I take good rest.

Oh no, they are tomorrow (oh yay...:grumble: ) thanks for asking!:flowerforyou:

I usually do, but today was a good one for me as well:smile:

Well off to proof my paper, and study by butt off talk to you guys tomorrow!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    dewdrop~ I'm so glad you had a happy Monday ~ what a nice thing to hear! And yayyy for you on the aerobics++++ Good job girl!!:bigsmile:

Anita ~ sorry you weren't having such a great Monday:ohwell: But love the dedication to your exercise ~ it is truly admirable!! Way to go!!!:flowerforyou:

healthymom ~ yayyyy swimming tomorrow - do a lap for me! I'm doing the sit-up challenge too ~ did 67 tonight - YOWWWW. I'm sure to be sore tomorrow ~ Good luck on your 5 lbs in 2weeks! Very ambitious:drinker:

Adopt4- I watched that show too - and the one about the 1/2 ton boy, and the 1/2 ton dad - the one about the mom was soooooo sad! :cry: Had to be the food commercials that made you hungry ~ Although if I have to put my psych 101 to use, it would be this: When people are much much larger than we are, it somehow reinforces that twisted piece of our psyche that says "well, I'm not THAT big" and then the tiny little voice we are learning to silence - suddenly screams out "well then hoorah baby, feeeeeed me - I've got growing room." It's one theory. :ohwell: Did I tell you I made a really low "B" in psych 101?

Chantybear - Fingers crossed for you tomorrow ~ best of luck! I did your breathing thing on sit ups tonight - in through the nose, out through the mouth - and I exhaled on the way up and inhaled on the way down- At first it was like the "pat your head while you rub your tummy" challenge, I am soooo frigging uncoordinated nowadays:bigsmile: - but I got the hang of it and I it really helped. Gracias amiga! And, glad you had a good Monday:wink:
  • renayeb
    renayeb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey TEAM
    Just now getting in to post weightloss, in my case gain. Hey Lulu, thanks for checking in on me. It's funny how today is my 9th work day straight and I still managed to gain a lb even being as exhasted as I am. I cant even think straight anymore.:ohwell:

GAINED 1 LB

SW 257
    CW 241
    GW 150
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hey TEAM
    Just now getting in to post weightloss, in my case gain. Hey Lulu, thanks for checking in on me. It's funny how today is my 9th work day straight and I still managed to gain a lb even being as exhasted as I am. I cant even think straight anymore.:ohwell:

GAINED 1 LB

SW 257
    CW 241
    GW 150

It could just be water weight, a pound is not a horrible setback. Don't stretch yourself too thin (so to speak!:laugh: )! :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    renayeb - I'm with get_fit. Stay strong and you'll see the 1lb gone. Make sure you do drink the water!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Chantybear - Fingers crossed for you tomorrow ~ best of luck! I did your breathing thing on sit ups tonight - in through the nose, out through the mouth - and I exhaled on the way up and inhaled on the way down- At first it was like the "pat your head while you rub your tummy" challenge, I am soooo frigging uncoordinated nowadays - but I got the hang of it and I it really helped. Gracias amiga! And, glad you had a good Monday

Lulu - Thanks hun!!! I am so not looking forward to it, but I only get certain grades on English papers with this teacher (which I really cannot complain about!!!), and I hope I get the same as last time haha...
    I find if I focus on my breathing I zone out (in a good way) :laugh: I am glad to help, okay now 25 minute cram before exams...talk to you later!
  • nitag
    Options
    Chanty - Good luck on those exams...

Everyone else.. HI HI HI HI... I am home today.. Took the day off to take my Grandson Austin to his DR. Appt.. Ok, my daughter in law has some issues.. He is 21 months old.. They forgot to leave a car seat for him and it's a half hr drive.. She got pissed when I told her to reschedule cuz I am not driving with him not in a car seat.. UGG. Hate to be my son tonight.. Oh well.. So now I am home and I didn't have a chance to work out this morning so I HAVE to do it tonight.. I hate exercising at night...

My DH brought home a tanning bed.. Its the biggest bed I have ever seen.. it has 44 bulbs.. I told him he'd better clean it up and get that thing on ebay or craigslist LOL.. I don't mind tanning once in a while but I don't think I want the chance to put myself into daily (and I would).. He got it for free off craigslist thought it would be a nice suprise.. So bye bye tanning bed that is now taking up MY side of the garage...

Well I am off to do something useful with my day.. MAYBE....

Have a good one all...

Anita
  • chantybear
    Options

Everyone else.. HI HI HI HI... I am home today.. Took the day off to take my Grandson Austin to his DR. Appt.. Ok, my daughter in law has some issues.. He is 21 months old.. They forgot to leave a car seat for him and it's a half hr drive.. She got pissed when I told her to reschedule cuz I am not driving with him not in a car seat.. UGG. Hate to be my son tonight.. Oh well.. So now I am home and I didn't have a chance to work out this morning so I HAVE to do it tonight.. I hate exercising at night...

My DH brought home a tanning bed.. Its the biggest bed I have ever seen.. it has 44 bulbs.. I told him he'd better clean it up and get that thing on ebay or craigslist LOL.. I don't mind tanning once in a while but I don't think I want the chance to put myself into daily (and I would).. He got it for free off craigslist thought it would be a nice suprise.. So bye bye tanning bed that is now taking up MY side of the garage...

Have a good one all...

Anita

I wish mine brought me home a tanning bed, I love being darker haha..and I do not really tan in the sun (for Christmas in Mexico I burnt...while my bf got a beautiful tan:grumble: )

I think the exams went okay! Time to fix up my paper a bit, and print it off:smile:
  • nitag
    Options

Have a good one all...

Anita

I wish mine brought me home a tanning bed, I love being darker haha..and I do not really tan in the sun (for Christmas in Mexico I burnt...while my bf got a beautiful tan:grumble: )

I think the exams went okay! Time to fix up my paper a bit, and print it off:smile:

Well this tanning bed works.. However he keeps telling me about the parts he needs to make it better.. I say sell it sell it sell it.. But I think he will end up keeping it. For some reason this man spoils me rotten.. I didn't even ever ask for one..

Another subject....

Meals.. I am having a hard time with food.. Was thinking maybe we can post what we would normally eat..

What ya all think???

Anita
  • chantybear
    Options
    Nitag: I would ask for one but they are like $4000, and we have no room right now:laugh: !

I will post what I eat, if you want to know:smile: :

I have basically the same thing for breakfast every morning with little variations (fruit etc.)
    1/3 cup of quick oats
    1 tbsp pure (nothing added) almond butter -> French vanilla yogurt is really good too!
    2 strawberries
    1/2 banana

Lunch: I found this yummy salad yesterday
    1/4 shelled edamame
    2 cups baby mixed greens (earthbound organic) or spinach...whatever you have!
    1/4 pkg of baked teriyaki tofu (I am a vegetarian, but it is soo good you should try!)
    1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
    I like to add 1tbsp of crumbled goat cheese, because I love the stuff

Dressing:
    1 tsp reduced sodium soya sauce
    2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
    a dash of olive oil
    (it will probably make to much so just use what you need, and save the rest of later)

Dinner: I am making cauliflower fried rice which is stupidly good and extremely low cal!
    1/2 head cauliflower (grated)
    3 eggs (beaten)
    3 tbsp soya sauce
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1 clove garlic
    a couple green onions

here is the full recipe: http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-combo11.html
    I do not add any meat since cauliflower actually has protein in it already:smile:

Umm I do not know I am letting myself relax a bit from school work until 6:30, and I am kind of bored on the computer, so I thought I would share:happy:

Hey...where is everyone tonight?!?:huh:
  • chantybear
    Options
    I calculated it, and the cauliflower fried rice with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of peas, and no meat only has 254 calories in the whole recipe!!! Yumm!:drinker:
  • nitag
    Options
    Chanty.. Thanks for the post on the food.. I am going to have to try the Tofu.. Everyone I know says it's good...

No one has been around today...... I don't know where they are all at....
  • chantybear
    Options
    No problem :smile: Try the baked tofu, or smoked tofu, because if not properly prepared plain tofu does not taste to great, and may scare you away:laugh:

Oh well at least we have each other to converse with!:smile:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hey TEAM

GAINED 1 LB

SW 257
    CW 241
    GW 150

renayeb: I had a bad week with the scale too. :grumble: I say "This is life. Our commitment is still there and the scale WILL eventually agree with us as we keep doing our best . :drinker:
    This is a way of life, don't let it get you down!

chantybear: Good luck on papers and exams. I remember those days all too well!

anita: I can't exercise at night either. great dedication!

My exercise report is good today. I went to the pool to swim laps (even though it is -40 outside). I improved my time today over last week. I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning but my legs and arms are tired when I'm done. :smile: I hope its enough to tip the scale this week! :angry:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Healthy- Thanks! :smile: I can't wait till I can say 'I remember those days'....well at least in terms of college papers :tongue:
    Good job on the swimming! It was -14(celsius..) here, and I went for a run in an indoor sportsplex (it has a thick plastic roof, but still a little warmer then outside, and blocks wind), and it was really hard to breathe since it was cold:frown: oh well first really cold day in a while so I cannot complain!
  • nitag
    Options
    Hi Healthymom... For some reason I have no energy at night.. I did get in my 40 mins of cardio... That will have to do... Its been in the 30's here all day, I have been freezing.. How do you swim?? Now that I am thinking about it, the closest pool is an hr away.. Near where I work and there would be no way I'd swim there all the pools are outside.....I hear ya about the soreness.. I walked with the treadmill at a 7% incline for 10 mins and my calves are burning still and that was hrs ago....

Good job on the swimming...

Chanty did you go to work??

I am off to start dinner... It's that time...

Anita