Water and LOTS of bathroom trips?!?!?!

Options
I just joined yesterday and drank 8 glasses maybe more yesterday and about the same today...anyone else have to go pee like ALL DAY?!?!?! Hoping this is just a beginning thing and my body will get used to it??

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I'm about 2 weeks into drinking more water, usualy 80 oz. I have to pee ALL the time. It's a good thing though, if your body isn't fully hydrated it's not going to let go of the fat and toxins.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    there is the math of input/output, but it does calm down.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Nope, I've been drinking lot's of water a long time and you still go ALL the time...sorry to dissapoint you but it's really a good thing :)
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I drink around 100 oz a day and it never changes. I go to the bathroom a lot! It forces me to get up from my desk and get extra steps. I really hate when you have to get up out of a warm cozy bed to go the bathroom like 5 times a night :(
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Qbays, remember that you dont have to drink 8 cups of actual water! It's a common misconception. The average body needs 8 cups of fluid a day, but you get a lot of that from other things, such as fruit and veg, as well as tea, coffee, soda, fruit juice, etc.

By all means drink 8 cups of water if you wish, just remember that it isn't essential that it's actual neat water.
  • mountiewife
    Options
    LOL!! I think I spend the best part of my day peeing!!! I don't know if it gets any better I've only been doing this for 4 days myself...I have to cross my legs when I sneeze or laugh! I could almost use a pamper when I exercise!! It's terrible!!!!! I'm hoping it gets better, but if it helps me lose the weight I guess I'll suck it up:bigsmile:
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    if you've not been drinking a lot of water as a standard, you will pee a LOT in the beginning as your body gets rid of toxins and until it's properly hydrated.....
  • Addieloggins
    Options
    It gets better. I still pee alot more than I did before I started drinking so much water, but I think your bladder gets used to being full or something, so I don't pee nearly as much now (I've been at it about 6 weeks).

Good luck!
  • kathy0317
    Options
    may be my age, but after a couple of months, I'm still waiting for it to "calm down", lol
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    It doesn't change. I've always drank plenty of water and the more you put in, the more you find yourself hurrying to the bathroom. It's a good thing. It helps - water - rid your body of toxins and also aids in many cellular level activities. Your skin will thank you and your kidneys and internal organs will thank you as well for hydrating your body.
  • thamre
    thamre Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    so is there a certain time of the day you try to quit drinking water so you are not up so much in the middle of the night?
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What goes in, must come out. Be glad you aren't retaining it!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Go here for some advice on liquids from the mayo clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink around 3 Litres of water a day, more if I waork out, I can't seem to go 45 minutes without going. Really sucks when you have to drive somewhere and traffic is a mess! Been doing this for over a year and it has not settled down at all. Sorry for the bad news :cry:
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The more water or fluids I drink the more I visit the rest room. Today has been great I have been going about every 25 minutes. I will start to taper off my fluids around 7:30 so I am not up all night using the bathroom!
  • hulamom117
    Options
    I'm new here too but I'm going like a racehorse. Day time is OK but those night time trips are really a bummer
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yeah it does calm down but try to spread drinking the water through the day. :happy:
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was told to drink my water a tad slower. Sip instead of gulping. It has helped so far.
  • Jenmilleroz
    Options
    Try to drink the bulk of your water pre 5pm hopefully then you won't need to get up so much at night.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Pee pee! Hooray!