October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited October 2021
    Short 3.2 mile run - hill repeats.

Trying to catch up with the posts! @quilteryoyo hope your back gets better and that was a lovely photo of you and your mum.

Impressive distance @CarsonSurfs and @johnisrunning - that is a lot of mileage in one month.

October cumulative
    56.9 miles
    5,352 feet of elevation
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,940 Member
    Nothing like being late to a meeting to motivate you to run @katharmonic. :wink:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    October total: 69.3/80 miles

10/1: 10 miles
    10/4: 3.1 miles
    10/6: 5 miles
    10/7: 3.1 miles
    10/12: 5.2 miles
    10/14: 11 miles
    10/17: 3.5 miles
    10/18: 5 miles
    10/19: 3 miles
    10/22: 3 miles
    10/23: 12.1 miles
    10/25: 3 mile
    10/26: 2.2 miles
    10/28: 3.1 miles

Lovely weather again. A storm blew through the night before so in addition to the cooler temps, I got a reprieve from the humidity. Nice easy taper run in the dark. I went down further on a road I never run on. I don't know why I have never gone that way. It was nice to mix it up a bit. Always running in the neighborhood can get me into a rut of doing the same paths all the time. I'm thinking I might do a version of that run every street in your town thing for my neighborhood. It would force me onto side streets I never use and maybe I'll discover an area I really like.

Going camping again this weekend right after work. It's going to be beautiful this weekend with highs in the low to mid 70's and lows in the 40's and sunny. I am so excited to get outside! It is a small state park and I am doing a 6-ish mile trail run that will cover most of the trail they offer. I'll have to remember my phone so I can take some pics.
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I saw another runner and she was wearing long pants and a bulky sweatshirt. I would have been roasting in that outfit.

Started seeing that this week too. It's so funny how bundled up I see people during the first temp drop! It is still only low to mid 50's in the wee hours of the morning. I would be sweating before the warmup was done!

@shanaber I read your friend's blog post. So insightful and something I needed to hear.

@rheddmobile So sorry to hear you are dealing with a lupus flare. I'm so impressed with your resolve and your ability to get a run in. I hope you feel better soon.

@quilteryoyo It sounds like you are on the mend. Glad to hear you are feeling better.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,046 Member
    @CarsonSurfs Such a rebel!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    25 minute run! (Previous post-illness best was 22 minutes.)

But after I'd had an electrolyte drink, a coffee and a shower, my eyesight had a big "flash" in the bottom right of my vision.

It was really worrying me. I decided to have a quick bite to eat then head to the hospital.

As soon as I'd eaten something it got better!

What's that all about?

Have you ever had ocular migraines? Your description doesn’t sound exactly typical but it’s the only thing I can think of which would go away with eating.