Suits

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,537 Member
    Can we get a vote from the women on what mode of dress they prefer on a man? Casual jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers? Or more dressed up?

Biggest thing that's successful for me is being a half step off from the crowd, without regard to the event.

If it's work and very casual (lots of jeans and hoodies), I might wear a polo or fitted tee instead of a hoodie, or maybe my hoodie is better fit and material.

If it's a suit event, mine will be tailored where most guys will be their one poorly fit suit. I might have a pocket square, but tieless even if everyone else is in a tie. It's the little details - I'm not trying to show anybody up by obviously outdressing (like wearing a tux to a suit event, or a sports coat to a hoodie workplace), I'm just trying to present a bit more polished version of the accepted dress.

Getting noticed by women isn't about a genre of clothing - sure, they have their individual preferences, some really dig jeans and leather jackets, or whatever. I believe it's about being subtly noticable as different in a good way. Clean is usually good. Ironed is usually good. Fitted well is good. And each of those has their exceptions, but nobody is good at it until they understand the basic premise and had a lot of mileage in doing the basics right.

And while that is super awesome and I would totally notice and ogle from afar... I'd also shrink into a corner, because that kind of class wouldn't notice me... With my payless shoes, my Walmart jacket, and my amazon purse. 😊
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Can we get a vote from the women on what mode of dress they prefer on a man? Casual jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers? Or more dressed up?

I'm a firm believer that men make the clothes, the clothes don't necessarily make the man.

However, one of my biggest pet peeves is when a man still dresses like a teenager.

Jeans, button up shirt, nice shoes ✓
    Well tailored suit ✓
    Jeans, white tee and work boots/clean sneakers ✓

What about tie dye?
  • CaptainFantastic01

I'm a firm believer that men make the clothes, the clothes don't necessarily make the man.

However, one of my biggest pet peeves is when a man still dresses like a teenager.

Well tailored suit ✓

What about tie dye?

ETA

Tie Dye AND capes 😁

Yessss capes do be coming
  • CaptainFantastic01

Well tailored suit ✓

What about tie dye?

ETA

Tie Dye AND capes 😁

Wait...did that tie dye start out as a plain white tee? 🤔 That could be a total deal breaker! Were you trying to mask the stains on it from last week's dinner? If so, WINNER!

…….yes?……..
  • CaptainFantastic01

Well tailored suit ✓

What about tie dye?

ETA

Tie Dye AND capes 😁

Wait...did that tie dye start out as a plain white tee? 🤔 That could be a total deal breaker! Were you trying to mask the stains on it from last week's dinner? If so, WINNER!

…….yes?……..

Bonus points for exaggerating and lack of full sentence structure bc proper punctuation is so over rated but for future reference please refrain from answering a question with another question 😋

All kidding aside, have a great weekend!

Thanks! You too!
  • theeldestberry
    theeldestberry Posts: 815 Member

Biggest thing that's successful for me is being a half step off from the crowd, without regard to the event.

If it's work and very casual (lots of jeans and hoodies), I might wear a polo or fitted tee instead of a hoodie, or maybe my hoodie is better fit and material.

If it's a suit event, mine will be tailored where most guys will be their one poorly fit suit. I might have a pocket square, but tieless even if everyone else is in a tie. It's the little details - I'm not trying to show anybody up by obviously outdressing (like wearing a tux to a suit event, or a sports coat to a hoodie workplace), I'm just trying to present a bit more polished version of the accepted dress.

Getting noticed by women isn't about a genre of clothing - sure, they have their individual preferences, some really dig jeans and leather jackets, or whatever. I believe it's about being subtly noticable as different in a good way. Clean is usually good. Ironed is usually good. Fitted well is good. And each of those has their exceptions, but nobody is good at it until they understand the basic premise and had a lot of mileage in doing the basics right.

And while that is super awesome and I would totally notice and ogle from afar... I'd also shrink into a corner, because that kind of class wouldn't notice me... With my payless shoes, my Walmart jacket, and my amazon purse. 😊

I'll echo what @Dees_Apples said, it's not the place the clothing comes from, it's the fit. I notice *tons* of women regardless of clothing brand or where they shop. If your Amazon purse is cute or your Walmart jacket suits you well, I'm all about it. Most of my hoodies come from Amazon.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,004 Member
    cjt0oom27svv.jpg

What a tease.🥵🔥
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    cjt0oom27svv.jpg

Dark olive plaid with burgundy and black in it. Charcoal tie, light blue step weave shirt. Lighting is disagreeable, but lazy. 🍑

New hands who dis
  • theeldestberry
    edited November 2021
    cjt0oom27svv.jpg

Dark olive plaid with burgundy and black in it. Charcoal tie, light blue step weave shirt. Lighting is disagreeable, but lazy. 🍑

New hands who dis

The was a lady here once a while ago that claimed all women have a thing for hands.

She was wrong frequently, but made people laugh.
  • Sofiapilla
    Sofiapilla Posts: 284 Member
    cjt0oom27svv.jpg

New hands who dis

The was a lady here once a while ago that claimed all women have a thing for hands.

Ah yes, I may remember that dummy
  • theeldestberry
    cjt0oom27svv.jpg

New hands who dis

Ah yes, I may remember that dummy

It helped that she was freaky. At least I think it helped. :ohwell: