JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Forgot to check in yesterday. I did pretty well with my goals except for getting my waters in.
    I've been slacking on that a lot over the past few weeks. I noticed last night I felt like I had to grab something to eat, but I actually just needed some water! Imagine that?! :mrgreen: I think it was the first time in a long time that I didn't snack through a Green Bay Packers game!

Just for Friday:
    24H Plan and 24H Assessment
    64 oz water
    Order and pick up pizza for dinner
    Get document notarized and take to Post Office
    Declutter for 15 minutes
    Reach out to Crystal regarding the LLR tops
    Early to bed with alarm set for early trip to Farmer's Market

WOTY 2021: Determined.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Run / walk at park. Shower. PAINT NAILS BLUE!
    2. Morning: Check email. Check Hogwarts. Tweetchats.
    3. Reading: Antho intro. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Recycling/groceries.
    4. Writing: Clois. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Volunteering at library 12-3.
    5. Fold laundry. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Trunk-or-treat downtown 5-7.
    6. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Coloring.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (SF) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Insurance checkup 11/2. Dentist 11/10. Conference 12/10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 196.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG ? PCP ? Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 CHECK DATES
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 6.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Today was a good day at school. I am feeling hopeful.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thursday went well, but I didn't get around to posting goals this morning. I'm posting them now anyway so I can take stock of the day. And I may as well post tomorrow's. And now I'm grabbing my book and heading to bed - I'm beat!

Thursday 10/28/2021
    Log - :)
    Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :)
    Water - 75%
    AM shopping - :)
    PM walk - :)
    Late topic approvals - :)

Friday 10/29/2021
    Log - :)
    Stay in the green on calories and sodium - :( - Still under maintenance, but blew it on sodium
    Water - :)
    Pick up cupcakes/donuts after class - :) Got lots of lovely produce too!
    Younger grandson's Halloween parade - :) - Just made it! All the kids were so cute <3
    Walk ? - Nope, but I did get the sunroom straightened, cleared my inbox, and made a really nice salad.
    Pizza and pumpkin carving - :):):) Fun end to a busy week.

JFT Saturday 10/30/2021
    Log
    Stay in the green on calories and sodium
    Water
    Exercise
    Take care of a couple of chores
    Do some grading
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    MrsHermit wrote: »

JFT:
    Stay on calorie goal :frowning: Went over
    Insert task categories when I need a break from chores/kitchen, no wasting time, permission to use it well!:neutral: Did a little better at using times when I needed a break from chores, but still struggled when thrown slight curves to my day.
    Exercise today :smile: I did it, not too much but got there!
    Don't have a disappointment/frustration unhappy moment like every Friday evening, be kind to self for what got done during the week :neutral: Disappointed but I know I am slightly improving, so hopefully I'll see improvement in a few weeks.
    Place at least two planned orders for supplies :neutral: Didn't place order but did work on trying to find sources for supplies.
    Play music not videos :smile: Helped a couple of times today
    Pray and read Scripture twice during the day :smile: Almost
    Full shower/hygiene before 6pm :frowning: nope
    Enjoy the evening creatively with music, crafts, books, and SO :neutral: sitting quietly with SO so 1 out of 4

Tomorrow Saturday JFT:
    Stay on calorie goal
    rest day exercise
    spend time in prayer, and with SO
    play piano
    crafts
    end of day, not beginning, go over plans for next week

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
    🎃🎃🎃 OCTOBER 🎃🎃🎃
    🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg
    🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • New goal < 150
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    • 1 May: 142.6
    • 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] 1 Aug: 143.2
    [*] 1 Sept: 142.9
    [*] 24 Sept: 142.1
    [*] Oct 6: 141.6
    [*] Oct 26: 139.9
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 87 (SmartScale app)

UGW: > 145
    October goal: maintenance

Daily Habits: Week 5
    Fri: 🎃 Sat: 🎃 Sun: Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight > 145: ✅ 2/3
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6 22.0
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 2/3
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 2/3
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/3

🐝Positive Intentions for Sat 30 Oct:
    [*] Meditation 🐝
    [*] Weigh/record weight 🐝
    [*] Journal - (Oct Tiny Habit) 🐝
    [*] Daily Chores/laundry 🐝
    [*] Local Shopping 🐝
    [*] Watch TV
    [*] Keep up to date with email 🐝
    [*] Daily goals update 🐝

📓 Tiny Habit for October: (3 Oct)--->
    For the next 10 days I will Switch off devices at 11pm and go to bed.
    ✖️✖️🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌🛌
    🛌
    (continuing this indefinitely as it’s working a treat)

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172
    So sorry about your grandad. I haven't had much time lately to do more than skim read.

Welcome to our new folk.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

JFT Friday
    - Weigh in :smile:
    - Work by 8:00 :smile:
    - Customer complaint stuff :smile:
    - Babysit service technician :smile:
    - Log food😀
    - stay green😀
    - no alcohol😀
    - bed by 11:30😀

Fabulous Friday to y'all!

Yesterday was good. Came home to homemade chocolate chip cookies and rice crispy treats. I ate 2 off each and walked away, still staying under my calories for the day. I’m calling that a win, especially since it’s TOM. No guarantees today will go as well.

No plans for today other than giving out candy, watching football & eating chili.

JFT Saturday
    - sleep in 😀
    - Log foods
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - Truck or treat

Happy Saturday!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,599 Member
    Options

JFT for 10/29 (yesterday): ✔️
    1) No desserts, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. No more brownies, not even crumbs! But can have dessert at dinner with friend and DH, if they want. ✔️ Didn't have dessert
    2) Peanut butter ok (last 10/24) ✔️ Less than a teaspoon today
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday 11/1 ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️No cheese today
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Up to 1.5 T honey ok. ✔️ No honey today
    7) No peanuts today ✔️
    8) Some dried apricots ok today. ✔️No dried apricots today

Hour commitment - finished coffee stuff, not I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

JFT for 10/30 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok today.
    2) Peanut butter ok (last 10/24)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday 11/1
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Up to 1.5 T honey ok.
    7) No peanuts today
    8) Some dried apricots ok today.

• MrsHermit
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Just a quick update for today, midday here. Haven't started on my JFT list yet (it's a rest day) but wanted to rejoice over my scale finally moving after months. It has wiggled here and there, but not really moved. I still struggle to believe it!
    I just joined MFP last week. I hadn't tracked my food before, but was wondering if my too many bad food choices were undoing all the exercise work I'd been putting in. It was.

I lost 4.4 lbs this week. (I know weight fluctuates, but it's definitely moved down).
    Last Saturday: 257.4 lbs
    Today: 252.8 lbs
    I will leave the morbidly obese bracket (that I've been stuck at the lower part of for many, many months) and enter the obese BMI bracket at 249lbs.

I am simply working hard on my food choices and working on exercising around 45 min total 6 days a week (that's my goal, not there yet; plus my current life situation doesn't provide much movement in general). I think the combination of having exercised consistently for the past few months (and starting to sweat more, learning about intensity levels that won't injure me), plus cutting out almost all sugar and dairy last week (wow how dense dairy is!!!) = this weight loss. I've been feeling like I was in a battle/wrestle and have finally won a round with my body.

Yay!
    Small changes do matter!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my corn chips, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more desserts today! I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Friday:
    24H Plan and 24H Assessment :star:
    64 oz water :frowning:I really need to concentrate on doing better at this! It's not healthy to not drink water.
    Order and pick up pizza for dinner :star:
    Get document notarized and take to Post Office :star:
    Declutter for 15 minutes :star:
    Reach out to Crystal regarding the LLR tops :frowning: Do this on Saturday!
    Early to bed with alarm set for early trip to Farmer's Market :star::frowning: No Farmer's Market.

Just for Saturday:
    24H Plan and 24H Assessment
    64 oz water
    Walmart for Rx
    Digital Declutter 15 minutes
    Declutter house area for 15 minutes
    Reach out to Crystal regarding the LLR tops
    Put together Bullet Journal -- one place to keep it all.
    Early to bed with alarm set for early trip to Farmer's Market

WOTY 2021: Determined.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Another late post, but feeling the need for my accountability. Might as well include Sun. while I'm here.

Recap F 10/29
    1) Stick w/ planned food / net cals zero / 14c water :smiley: net cals green 184, sodium not as red but only 11c water
    2) ROP-BJ: pick up Surveillance video & start review (remember mileage log) / develop observation template :neutral: started / video of 10/28 Facebook Live / submit usual PAR, PRO, KRO s/s / print, sign & submit ME PAR / update Project Status s/s / catch up emails = 5/7
    3) Walk dog after work :smiley: shorter route but 3.78 mi & happy dog
    4) Make supper: super simple salmon, sauteed rainbow chard, roasted orange cauliflower / find bday card for dad / at least 3 ta-das = 3/3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:30 alarm (final outdoor farmers market of season & walk dog while hubby sleeps) = 2/6

JFT Sat. 10/30
    1) Farmers market :neutral: pretty sparse selections but got some good local stuff
    2) Walked dog 4.21mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    3) Fried perch & roasted brussels sprouts for supper / net cals zero / 12c water
    4) A few ta-da's = in progress
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:30 alarm

JFT Sun. 10/31
    1) Month end measurements & log on MFP
    2) Church 9:00
    3) Brunch with hubby (he wants to go) / car wash before too cold / drop Dad's bday card at P.O.
    4) Log food best I can / net cals maintenance / 14c water
    5) Walk dog
    6) Yard work with hubby
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

I have been logging my walking miles in a virtual "shoreline" challenge I'm in. It started in June & ends on Thanksgiving Day, and need to walk distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie. Realized I may not complete the distance for the second time and not get a medal. I'm very competitive, and this may be the push I need, but I'm not going to go crazy to get 100 miles in by then. Wish I hadn't let weather earlier be an excuse. Anyway, whatever I can do, I will be satisfied. Dog is happy & I am active.

Also checked my monthly walking stats in my app, and realized I'm less than 4 miles from 100 for the month of October. First time this year. I was thinking of taking a rest day, but now LOL I have to walk dog at least that distance!

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 10/30 (today): ✔️
    1) Dessert ok today. ✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok (last 10/24) ✔️Didn't eat today
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday 11/1 ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) ✔️
    5) No more tootsie pops (bad for my teeth) ✔️
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Up to 1.5 T honey ok.✔️
    7) No peanuts today ✔️
    8) Some dried apricots ok today.✔️

JFT for 10/31 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today.
    7) No peanuts today
    8) No dried apricots today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) Early dinner with FIL ok.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    JFT, Sunday, Halloween
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. eat only 2 pieces of halloween candy.. no more.
    4. listen to hunger signals .. if I eat dinner at 5:30, I am NOT hungry at 7 .. no need to eat

Thank for all for the support on my friends situation. I did hear from both of them.. they do totally understand, so I think all is good. They did cancel this trip, but are planning on coming in january.

I am so sorry have not been on here, so today I will try and read back posts to see what I have missed.

But I did see that @MrsHermit had her scale moved this week .. congratulations! Yes, I find that when I journal and log my food, it does make a difference! You're off to a great start! Keep it up.

@pridesabtch .. Love the halloween costume! You look great! Great job on only eating 2 cookies and walking away!

@cschmitz110515 -- boy, you are really getting those miles in! I should keep track myself what I walk.. I think it is encouraging to see the miles add up!

@Bex - so sorry to hear of your loss. It is always hard, but especially around the holidays.

@PackerFan001 -- great job on NO snacking for a packers game!! Yes, I find many times I am not hungry, and a large glass of water is just what I need.

Everyone have a happy halloween. Remember, those little candies have calories in them .... write down what you are planning to eat so there are no regrets tomorrow!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    qz185b3plysj.gif
  • MrsHermit
    Options
    @mytime6630
    1. Thank you! I went over calories yesterday but I'm still very encouraged as this is the first time the scale has truly moved. I'm up and ready to go to battle today!

MrsHermit wrote: »
    Tomorrow Saturday JFT:
    Stay on calorie goal :frowning: red day, struggled with emotions and ate bad at end of day; but stuck to recording everything that I ate.
    rest day exercise :smiley:
    spend time in prayer, and with SO :smiley: Even went to try to see the Aurora (didn't see it though)
    play piano :smiley: had a great time
    crafts :neutral: did not make it to crafts
    end of day, not beginning, go over plans for next week :smile: I thought about it, but am happy that I pushed it to last night or today (Sunday) instead of working on it Saturday morning (which seems to hinder my efforts to enjoy the present day) Glad I just thought about it and focused on the day instead

JFT:
    Calorie goal green
    Exercise!
    Kitchen, kitchen...live in the kitchen (and have music playing for enjoyment) try some meal prepping to help with time during the week (and help with noshing SO)
    Get goals, schedule, and new month stuff ready today
    Try to place 2 orders today
    look for preserves
    Do crafts during breaks
    journal
  • more_freggies76
    edited October 2021
    Options
    JFT for 10/31 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday)
    6) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today.
    7) No peanuts today
    8) No dried apricots today.
    9) Lunch <= 600 calories.
    10) Early dinner with FIL ok.

Hour commitment - Just finished lunch. Now I won't eat again until dinner with DH and FIL. I can still have my dose of metamusal.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages of condolences.
    To be honest I was surprisingly okay with it. He was very old, in his mid 80s. And his mind had started to fail him a bit, so in a way it was time.
    His funeral was also really good. It had a really upbeat song going in, kind of jazzy. And it was nice hearing about his life and the way in which he lived it, he was the kind of person to try anything, he was always upbeat and a bit daft and silly but it didn't matter to him as it was all out of love. And he adored music, the two songs he had for the funeral was ABBA - thank you for the music and closing song was Frank Sinatra - My Way.
    It honestly was perfect.
    :) X
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. UPLOAD LESSON PLANS.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats.
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in. Encouragement postcards. Letter to S.
    4. Pit Crew: Next script? Alphabetizing titles. OR mid-term parent calls.
    5. Online Facilitation: Read More Than Survive. Upload new seating charts. Update grades; send emails.
    6. English Class: Starter - Grammar. Poetry lesson.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? Shoot script. 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. PARENT CALLS ABOUT TALKING DURING INSTRUCTION.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pasta. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr (MTS) while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library NEXT WEEK. Ins checkup 11/2. Dems meeting Th 11/4. Lunch with Mom Sat 11/6. Dentist 11/10. Conf 12/10.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 196.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist Nov 10. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 .
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Nov 9 7pm.
    8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I am grateful that I have so many things I can do that I feel are important. It's also important not to overextend myself.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.