JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021
    MLHC1 wrote: »

06/30/2021 JFT:

❌AM MCAT studying 3 hours➡️ Made it to my office but worked on getting organized and sending belated emails, household management tasks, etc.
    ✅AM Kiddo Routine
    ✅Yoga
    ✅PM MCAT Live Class Session 3 hours
    ✅Elliptical 30 minutes
    ❌Small grocery store trip➡️Hubby wanted steaks for dinner so I picked up dinner from a restaurant.
    ✅PM Kiddo Routine
    ✅Dinner, etc
    🚫[Possibly: an hour or so of "make-up" MCAT studying.]➡️ Just too sleepy 😴

The next 5 days I will need to be flexible with my schedule. My 3-year-olds school is closed for their mini holiday vacation so he will be home all day, everyday. He has had some issues with potty training so I intend on tackling those issues these next 5 days, 😅

07/01/2021 JFT:

Ease into the morning bc the day will be packed full of chaos, Lol!!
    Potty training (all day)
    MCAT studying (daily goal today will be 4 hours, it may be randomly achieved)
    Yoga
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    Small grocery trip
    Laundry
    Dinner, etc.

Lots of variables possible today. I'm going to try my best and see what I can accomplish, Lol!!😂

Have a blessed day my friends!!⚘
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap 6/30 W
    1) Walked dog 3.68 mi before work: saw bunnies, 1 muskrat & dog got treat from garbageman B) happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 15.1K
    3) Leftovers for supper / net cals zero / 14c water :| -415 but not sure of homemade breakfast burrito I bought at work, then active first part of evening & listened to my hunger cues later. 14c :smile:
    4) Decide if PTO on F & submit leave request / GA-C/V verify Observation schedule & checklists; start testing / clear more email backlog at least inbox isn't worse = 1/3
    5) 7:30 concert at St. James Park thunderstorm 7pm / at least 2 to-dos at home :smiley: plus talked w/ aunt on phone <3
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :s 2/6

JFT 7/1 R ~ July already!
    1) Walked dog 3.75 mi before work & saw more bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) More leftovers for supper / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) 10:00 Facebook Live news conference about new venue / GA-C/V test at least 2 standards / correct format of report grid / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s
    5) 5:00 lady picks up bubble wrap & packaging supplies / at least 2 to-do's
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 7:00 (?) alarm (walk dog on day off work)

Still not jumping out of bed at first early alarm, even though I want to start my day that way. Don't know why but I've been feeling a little sleep deprived. Yesterday I decided to take PTO on Fri. I will allow myself to sleep in a bit (not all morning). Hubby has to work his usual 2nd shift that night but we can have some time together before he leaves. Should be nice weather & I will get to-do's done around the house. Or not. I will be satisfied with whatever I get done. PTO is for relaxing after all.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hiya girls!

Don't have much time left on my break but I'll catch up soon and read the backlong of posts I missed the last three days! Lol

@MLHC1 Welcome back!!! I've been a popper-in-er the last few months. I'm havign a very hard time keeping up/making habits due to ADHD and some messing with my meds. But I'm trying! Lol

JFT, 7/1/21
    - Up at 5:15✅
    - Work 6-1✅
    - Update JFT ✅
    - Send email to OMHS(possible new psychiatrist/therapist office)
    - DO THE DISHESSSSS( Yes I'm still having an issue with this. Lol)
    - Request days off for appts
    - COOK DINNER!!!!
    - Message D about beta book
    - STAY HYDRATED! (We're at the tailend of a really terrible heat wave)

Have a great rest of the day!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Okay, so now that I have some time to reply! Lol

@Snowflake1968 Thank you so so so much for the idea to use TikTok! I just created an account just to check out the ADHD hacks and I learned a bunch! I got a mug heater to use so that my coffee doesn't keep getting cold when I inevitably forget about it(This happens EVERY SINGLE DAYYYYY!!!) I'm definitely going to spending some time over the next few days diving into it!

@MLHC1 I bet having the littlest one home all day, every day is going to be insane! Coupled with the fact that you have the 3 other boys! I'm glad that you and the Hubs had some needed quality time! That is so so important! It seems like you guys are in a better place!

@bookmeister86 I way myself in the same location every morning as soon as I wake up and after I pee. Lol. That way I know that it's a consistent number. That's awesome that you only have to lose 3lbs! That is definitely doable in the time you have! Especially if you keep up with your water intake!

@cschmitz110515 I've been having a really hard time waking up in the morning too! The LATEST I can wake up (depending on my start time at work) is either 4:30 am or 5:30 am. Those numbers come really quick! I usually get 8ish hours of sleep a night but it's still rough some mornings! Lol

@pridesabtch I'm so sorry you're dealing with some mental health issues. Those are always really tough! *hugs* to you my friend!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited July 2021
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕
    💖💕💖 JULY 💖💕💖
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 1/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 1/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 1/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅1/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 1/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Fri 2 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

💦 July Challenge 💦
    💧

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 27

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT- Wednesday June 30
    1.5L of water - More than. It’s so hot!
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🥵too hot

JFT- Thursday July 1 - 🇨🇦
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@HEGoddard0928 - I hope you get let’s you help you.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today scales were again a bit weird. I got 12'7 as my first reading and then again repeatedly got 12'4 after that, no matter where they were on the floor (including their original position!). It's just odd. Maybe they still need to warm up. Tomorrow I will try not moving them at all and see what happens.

Yesterday's goals:
    Log everything I eat :)
    Be in/close to green :/Slipped a bit and had some crisps/wine with the boyfriend. Was just over maintenance calories
    Get 5,000 steps :)
    Drink 4 bottles water :)
    Spend quality time boyfriend :|We spent time together but we were a bit too tired for it to be quality time. Think we're both a bit exhausted due to work being busy + house buying - haven't really rested much lately

Today's goals:

Log everything I eat
    Be within maintenance calories
    Get 5,000 steps
    Do exercise DVD
    Drink 4 bottles water

Happy Friday everyone!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 2 July

I didn’t post yesterday as I was up at 03:30 for a 12 plus hour journey. I wouldn’t have met any of my normal health goals so at least I avoided a string of glum faces!

Late start this morning and I’m having luch out with my father and brother. I’ve not seen my dad for 6 months and my brother for nearly a year and I’m looking forward to spending time with them.

Log (best guesses due to meal out)
    Stay in the green? I’m not going to worry too much
    Water - I need this as I think I’m dehydrated from yesterday
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ different set of scales though

Wishing you all a nice day.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/01/2021 JFT:

✅Ease into the morning bc the day will be packed full of chaos, Lol!!
    ✅Potty training (all day)
    ❌MCAT studying (daily goal today will be 4 hours, it may be randomly achieved)➡️ Completed one quiz and failed it. I set up in the kitchen vs my office to keep an eye on the lil guy but it is so noisy and distracting. 🥴
    ✅Yoga
    ❌Elliptical 30 minutes➡️Every time I tried to go to my elliptical, my 3-year-old threw a fit. I never could get him to nap. 🥺
    ❌Small grocery trip➡️ Hubby took care of this. I didn't ask, he offered. 🥰
    ✅Laundry
    ✅Dinner, etc.

Lots of variables possible today. I'm going to try my best and see what I can accomplish, Lol!!😂

Have a blessed day my friends!!⚘

Well yesterday was a bust!! I'm not happy about it but I'm just going to close that small chapter and move on.

07/02/2021 JFT:

Ease into morning.
    Potty training (all day)
    MCAT studying (Read one chapter of either book)
    MCAT Live course 3 hours
    MCAT end of ch. Note cards for beh. sc. book
    Yoga
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    5 minutes of intentional meditation
    Dinner, etc

I am trying to be a bit more specific to see if I can achieve a green check mark instead of hours performed. I need a win for motivation. 😂

@HEGoddard0928 Thank you for the support!! I am sorry to hear about the ADHD but sometimes knowing a diagnosis helps. (Bc know you can make sense and understand it all.) Quality time is important. I've been so busy that my hubby just needed me to sit still with him, Lol!! Yes, we are doing much better. We weathered a very significant storm in our marriage and came out stronger. Apparently the 10-year milestone holds a fork in the road for most couples, I never knew this. Well, we managed to persevere and we have a stronger relationship for it.

@cschmitz110515 It is so cute that the garbage man gave a treat to the doggie!! I love that!! I am also struggling with getting up with my alarm. The last 4 days, I have slept in an additional 2 hours. 😴 I think the stress of juggling my life and preparing for the MCAT is weighing me down a bit. I just need to tap in to the strength I know is available so I can push thru. I hope you are your hubby get some nice quality time in before he leaves. 🌷🤗🌷

I know I haven't responded to all you fabulous peeps but know I am here routing for you and staying up-to-date on your posts. I find typing the @&quot;" for everyone gets a bit chaotic, I need to make a list of everyone so I do not have to switch pages and lose my post, Lol!! I'll find a way. 😅

You all stay strong and keep rockin on!! ⭐😎⭐

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Been awol, but mostly just enjoying a little holiday with the family at the beach. Lazy days playing in the surf and enjoying the sunshine. Evenings filled with family fun and good food. The girls learned to surf and last night we went on a nighttime kayak tour where we saw manatee and alligators up c close. When it got pitch black we got to see bioluminescent algae. It was really cool to kayak and see the blue glow with every stroke. Got up early this morning to see the Sun rise, it was a bit too cloudy, but it was still pretty. Today is our last day here, so I’m going to soak it in. Tomorrow is a very long drive home, about 13 hours drive time not including traffic and stops. Totally worth it!

Back on the wagon starting Monday. I gotta get this weight under control!

My morning view:
    cbenjcn467v1.jpeg

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I can feel the zen just by looking at it... So glad you're having a good time!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Hiya girls!

Don't have much time left on my break but I'll catch up soon and read the backlong of posts I missed the last three days! Lol

@MLHC1 Welcome back!!! I've been a popper-in-er the last few months. I'm havign a very hard time keeping up/making habits due to ADHD and some messing with my meds. But I'm trying! Lol

JFT, 7/1/21
    - Up at 5:15✅
    - Work 6-1✅
    - Update JFT ✅
    - Send email to OMHS(possible new psychiatrist/therapist office)✅ They said that they have a waiting list. When they told me how long I kinda just laughed. The length of their waiting list is AT LEAST as long as I would have to wait to get an appt anywhere else, if not longer. So I told them to put me on it. If worst comes to worse my GP fills my meds if I need it.
    - DO THE DISHESSSSS( Yes I'm still having an issue with this. Lol) ✅ Finally did this. Lol. There was so much that there are still a few dishes left. Lol
    - Request days off for appts✅
    - COOK DINNER!!!!✅We forgot that we had frozen burritos so Matt had them and I made myself a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich. Lol. Very yummy!
    - Message D about beta book✅
    - STAY HYDRATED! (We're at the tailend of a really terrible heat wave)✅

Have a great rest of the day!

So I initially got up at 10 am and then went to cuddle with Matt and passed back out again until 1:45...so that kinda put a damper on my day. Lol. I'm still gonna try and get a few things done before I have to go to bed at 8pm.(4am is very early in the morning 😭).

Oh! So I went on a total cleaning binge yesterday and did some much needed cleaning/sorting/organizing. I purged my whole closet and created boxes for donations and consignment and cleaned up two random piles of clothes that were just hanging out on the bedroom floor. I also cleaned most of the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. Lol I think it took me a total of like 3ish hours to get it all done. I was a mad woman! Lol. But honestly, it feels good!

@MLHC1 I'm not excited for our 10 years. January 2023 will be 10 years together and September 2024 will be 10 years married. So we still have a bit of time. But I have a feeling we're going to have a hell of a time. Lol. Especially if babies are added to the mix. But I'm so happy that you and the hubs are stronger now! That makes me really happy!

@ZizzyBumble Have fun with your family!

@Snowflake1968 HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY!!!!

@TerriRichardson112 Thank you so much for adding those reminders at the end of your posts! They are amazing! I'm gonna read them every time I post.

Okay onto my goals!

Friday 7/2
    MUST DO!!! OPTIONAL
    Update JFT!! Type 1 chapter
    Read 3 ch beta bk Read 1 ch of LOTS
    Finish the dishes Do 1 part of AWAI
    Cook dinner Fold/organize laundry
    Night routine
    Bed by 8:15

• PackerFanInGB
    edited July 2021
  • PackerFanInGB
    Hey y'all! I finally caught up on all the June posts. I've missed you all! Lots happening I see! I took notes so I will reply later after writing JFT goals for myself. I know it's 3:19 pm here and late to be posting goals but if I don't jump in at some point, I'll never have the accountability!

I know I've already said this in earlier posts, but this past year has really thrown me for a loop. Losing my job unexpectedly after 30 years of the same career with the same people really did a number in my head. I kept trying to not worry and be okay with everything, but inside I think I've actually been kind of grieving, if that makes sense. I'm trying very hard to pull myself out of the disbelief and grief and to begin taking steps to move forward. A whole year wasted because I couldn't get out of my own head. UGH.

So I'm back (again)! I need my JFT friends... I haven't established a new routine yet (I know....a whole year and I am still no further than I was...right? :mrgreen: ), but I plan to focus on what a retirement routine looks like for me. I will be working on creating new habits one baby step at a time since I've been such a slug this past year. But hey...any forward movement will be an improvement!

Just for Today, 7/2/2021
    • 24H Plan for today & assess yesterday's 24H Plan
    • Journal every bite - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Listen to Podcasts: No BS, Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer
    • Body: >15 min cardio / Mind: Calm App 10 min / Spirit: Readings & Journal
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss/wash/moisturize. Readings & Gratitude Journal. Read/Quilting YTs. Lights out on time!!

This week's Baby Habit: I will get up 30 minutes earlier than I have been. I will accomplish this by setting my alarm for 30 minutes earlier after getting into bed. When my alarm goes off, I will get up. No hitting Snooze!

July's Word of the Month: Consistency

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. AM walk at park. Library; return books.
    2. Morning: S&F script work. Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. Call S about schedule. Set up photo organization with parents.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Check paypal. Write blog post/script. Set up weights.
    4. Brunch: Sandwich. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Pack for trip.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Call Dr. to RS Monday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 192.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversaion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. We were out of town for about half a week. I relaxed and overate and only exercised a little. But I wrote quite a bit! It was nice, but I'm definitely glad to be back home.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited July 2021
    Day off from work and just now sitting at computer. Thought I'd post for my own accountability... good / bad / ugly.

Recap 7/1 R ~ July already!
    1) Walked dog 3.75 mi before work & saw more bunnies :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 16.9K should've looked ~ only 19 more steps to 17K :p
    3) More leftovers for supper / net cals zero / 14c water >:) Evening snacking was UGLY. Net cals RED. At least 14c water helped.
    4) 10:00 Facebook Live news conference about new venue / GA-C/V test at least 2 standards / correct format of report grid no time / update Project Status s/s / submit PAR, PRO, KRO s/s = 4/5
    5) 5:00 lady picks up bubble wrap & air pillows ~ yay! out of my house & to someone who can use bags full / at least 2 to-do's ~ yes = 2/2
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 7:00? 7:30 alarm (walk dog on day off work) LOL felt like weekend night :p 3/6

JFT 7/2 F ~ vacation day at home
    1) Sleep in :smiley: felt wonderful staying in bed until 7:45
    2) Walked dog 4.19 mi B) happy dog & happy me
    3) Move hourly
    4) Leftovers for supper / NO evening snacks / net cals zero / 12c water
    5) Drop off donations / banking / yard work / make salad for family picnic / fill jugs from rain barrels = 5/5
    6) Any other to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 7:00 alarm (farmers market)

Yesterday I said I will get to-do's done around the house on my day off. Or not. I will be satisfied with whatever I get done. PTO is for relaxing after all. So far, I've done lots more than I anticipated. The weather is beautiful and not repressive so I was energized to get things done.

Now it's time to relax. I turned down an invite from friends to join them at their firepit tonight. I'm afraid more fireworks in the neighborhood will terrify dog again. Last night, there was a brief burst around 8:30 then a prolonged "performance" of nearly 20 minutes nearby. Dog was petrified & took off for her safe zone in the basement. Hopefully no repeat tonight but not counting on it. Holiday weekend and all. Why oh why do people waste their money like this? Tomorrow we travel & all afternoon with lots of hubby's family, whom we haven't seen for about 2 years, I think. I just want to spend my evening peacefully at home tonight with dog and Kitty.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕
    💖💕💖 JULY 💖💕💖
    💕💖💕💖💕💖💕💖💕
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 2/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 2/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅2/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 2/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Sat 3 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Local shopping
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

💦 July Challenge 💦
    💧💧

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 0~|~ ME: 2

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT- Thursday July 1 - 🇨🇦
    1.5L of water - Again way more!
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - 🙂

JFT- Friday July 2
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@bookmeister86 - hope your scale starts being accurate for you.

@MLHC1 - happy to read your marriage is more stable. There are several times throughout a marriage that are extremely difficult I think. I also believe that if you come out the other side you are stronger for it.

@ZizzyBumble - I hope you had a wonderful visit.

@HEGoddard0928 - we are in the tail end of a heat wave too. As a matter of fact, the severe thunderstorm warning that has been issued the last few hours is just arriving. I’m just praying it’s not as bad as it could be. You and your dishes, it makes me laugh every time.

@clicketykeys - I’m so glad to see you took a break. You probably deserved a lot longer.

@PackerFanInGB - I would imagine there is a difference in retiring on your own terms in your own time with the party and the gold watch and having it forced down your throat without even a cake for a send off. You’ve probably been grieving, allow yourself some compassion and grace.

@cschmitz110515 - I have been relaxing on my PTO days too. It’s too hot to do much else.

• ZizzyBumble
    Friday 2 July

I didn’t post yesterday as I was up at 03:30 for a 12 plus hour journey. I wouldn’t have met any of my normal health goals so at least I avoided a string of glum faces!

Late start this morning and I’m having luch out with my father and brother. I’ve not seen my dad for 6 months and my brother for nearly a year and I’m looking forward to spending time with them.

Log (best guesses due to meal out) 😊
    Stay in the green? I’m not going to worry too much 😊 I had a lovely meal including a large salad and small dessert.
    Water - I need this as I think I’m dehydrated from yesterday 👿
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 👿 But did work in dad’s garden.
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ different set of scales though

Wishing you all a nice day.

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 3 July

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

I’m in a rush as I’ve been invited for a horse ride this morning. I’ve not ridden for about a year and need to find my kit. The muscles will be complaining later! I also need to go food shopping today and it’s an evening gathering in our close. I will try to catch up later.
  • HEGoddard0928

Friday 7/2
    MUST DO!!!
    Update JFT!! ✅
    Read 3 ch beta bk✅ Not very good, but it is just in beta so it's not finished. I got through 4 chapters. It's not that long so I'm gonna push through and then give the author my feedback. It's my first time being a beta reader and I want to do it the right way.
    Finish the dishes✅ So proud of myself! Lol
    Cook dinner✅ A frozen pizza but at least it wasn't take out. Lol Night routine✅One part of my ADHD symptoms is not wanting to do even basic human self care like teeth brushing, showering, washing face. Things like that. But I saw a video where a woman got around that by watching tv on her phone. So that way her brain wasn't completely focused on how much she didn't want to do it. It could just tune out and pay attention to the show. Well the last two days I've been listening to a book while I shower/brush teeth/clean face. And it seems to be working. So HUZZAH!
    Bed by 8:15 ✅ My night time routine took waaaay longer than I thought it would. Lol. So I didn't end up shutting off the light until like 8:20 and then couldn't fall asleep right away. Probably not until at least 9 pm.

So I forgot to make a To-Do list last night so I'm going to have to do it here and pray that I remember it. Lol. I don't have my notecards or pens with me at work today. Le sigh. But here we go!

Saturday 7/3/21
    - Up by 4:15✅
    - Work 5-1✅
    - Update JFT
    - Read 3 chapters of beta book
    - Type 1 chapter
    - Do 1 part of AWAI
    - Spend some QT with Matt
    - Cook dinner
    - Night routine
    - Bed by 9:15