• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

07/02/2021 JFT:

✅Ease into morning.
    ✅Potty training (all day)
    ❌MCAT studying (Read one chapter of either book)
    ✅MCAT Live course 3 hours
    ❌MCAT end of ch. Note cards for beh. sc. book
    ✅Yoga
    ✅Elliptical 30 minutes
    ❌5 minutes of intentional meditation
    ✅Dinner, etc

Spent ALOT of time reading books to my lil guy in the bathroom all day, hehehe 🤣

Not as successful as I had hoped but moving forward. 🙄

07/03/2021

Ease into morning
    Potty training
    MCAT studying:
    • read one chapter in Beh. Sc. Book
    • note card prep end of ch. in Beh. Sc. Book
    • one MCAT channel video in Beh. Sc.
    Yoga
    Elliptical 30 minutes
    5 minutes of intentional meditation
    Dinner, etc

I am just going to keep posting these items until I nail it!! Lol 😅

Happy to see you all posting!! Consistency is my goal these days as well!! Then I want to build from there!!

Have a blessed day!! 🌷🤗🌷
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Today, 7/2/2021
    • 24H Plan for today & assess yesterday's 24H Plan >:)
    • Journal every bite - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly >:)
    • 64+ oz of water :)
    • Listen to Podcasts: No BS, Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer >:)
    • Body: >15 min cardio / Mind: Calm App 10 min / Spirit: Readings & Journal :)
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss/wash/moisturize. Readings & Gratitude Journal. Read/Quilting YTs. Lights out on time!! :) (except turning lights out on time)

Just for Today, 7/3/2021
    • 24H Plan for today & assess yesterday's 24H Plan
    • Journal every bite - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
    • 64+ oz of water
    • Listen to Podcasts: No BS, Half Size Me, Joyce Meyer
    • Body: >15 min cardio / Mind: Calm App 10 min / Spirit: Readings & Journal
    • Start next week's meal plan, grocery list, and schedule
    • Run to My Favorite Quilt Shop and pick up 3 yards of new fabric for lap quilt. Cut pieces from fabric for blocks.
    • Evening Routine: Brush/floss/wash/moisturize. Readings & Gratitude Journal. Read/Quilting YTs. Lights out on time!!

I didn't do so well hitting my goals yesterday. *forehead slap* :wink: I spent quite a bit of time reading and catching up on this thread and then before I knew it it was dinner time and then TV time. It was my BIL's last night staying with us before driving home to Texas, so I wanted to be "present" during our Friday night movie time. So, I'm not beating myself up over it.

Nothing really planned for this weekend or the holiday tomorrow. My son is maybe grilling out and having pool time at his house so I might pop over there for a bit but I honestly just don't do well in 90-degree weather with or without the humidity. So I may just hang out here or see if my hubby wants to take a drive over by Lake Michigan for the day.

Have a great day!

This week's Baby Habit:
    I will get up 30 minutes earlier than I have been. I will accomplish this by setting my alarm for 30 minutes earlier after getting into bed. When my alarm goes off, I will get up. No hitting Snooze!
    Sun 7/4:
    Mon 7/5:
    Tues 7/6:
    Wed 7/7:
    Thurs 7/8:
    Friday 7/9:
    Sat 7/10:

July's Word of the Month: Consistency
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!

@Snowflake1968 Did you guys survive the storm? Is the heat over yet? Our is. It's not even 70 degrees out today. Woohoo!

@PackerFanInGB I don't do well in the heat either! NJ is usually really humid too. At least it is where I am. I'm by the water. Spending the day at Lake Michigan sounds amazing!

@ZizzyBumble How was horseback riding?? I haven't been on a horse in years. I would absolutely love to go again!

@clicketykeys I just read through your spoilers and absolutely LOVE that you found contentment and pride in yourself last year! I hope that it keeps on into this year!

@TerriRichardson112 I read through the weight loss reminders again! Lol. I also like your affirmations too!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    💖💕💖 JULY 💖💕💖
    💖💕💖💕💖💕💖
    ocbtnk3lembi.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 (✔️Sept 2015)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0
    • 11 Apr: 142.2
    [*] 1 May: 142.6
    [*] 3 June: 144.4 (thanks to Bank holiday 4 day weekend indulgences)
    [*] 1 July: 144.4 (holding steady)
    [*] Total Weight Loss: 83

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    Daily Habits:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: Mon: Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 2/7 😭
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 23.1 —>22.6
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.6 ⏫
    4. Log CI<CO/Calories in the green ✅ 3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 3/7
    🌹Positive Intentions for Sun 4 July
    [*] Meditation
    [*] Weigh/post weight
    [*] Family Skype
    [*] Gardening
    [*] Declutter session
    [*] Daily Chores
    [*] Puzzles: Watch TV:
    [*] Keep up to date with email
    [*] Daily goals update

💦 July Challenge 💦
    💧💧💧

NLNS
    Jun: LNS: 1 ~|~ ME: 2

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT- Friday July 2
    1.5L of water - 🧊🧊🧊 so much!
    Log all Food-🙂
    Walk 15 minutes - probably over the course of the day

JFT- Saturday July 3
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

@MLHC1 - I have been keeping my goals the exact same for a long time. It actually helped when I stopped and I kept them in my head.

@HEGoddard0928 - the storm went around us and we didn’t have anything of significance. A nice light patter of rain. A strong breeze, couple bolts of lightning and one rumble. I’m so thankful!

One of my good friends is moving back to Nova Scotia. I am really going to miss her. We bought her old SUV from her, it is a 2008 Dodge Nitro. Rodger will be driving it back and forth to work. I am going to miss our rides in the morning, but I will not miss being struck at home when he’s at work.
    She also gave me two sets of IKEA Kallax shelves that I’ll be using to rearrange the craft room. I would like to make it more a sitting/spare room. I am not going to do it myself as I don’t want to injure myself again. I still suffer for a few days if I’ve done a bit too much. I can’t believe how long this is taking to heal!

They are calling for rain tomorrow so it will help cool everything down. The bad part is, I ordered a small pool/with sprinkler for the Grands and it arrived today.

I’m off to take a nice long soak. Today is a day I did too much.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP.
    2. Morning: S&F script work. Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. Leather jackets? Clean out grey cabinet. Set up photo organization with parents.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Check paypal. Write blog post/script; Zoom w/S. Set up weights.
    4. Brunch: Frittata. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Put laundry away.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Call Dr. to RS Monday. World lit book to S Fri-Sat; forward email contact. 9 Round - check on free week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 195.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for ??. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Sigh. Weight is up. I mean, vacation. Oh, and TOM on top of that! But still, it's discouraging. Food is just so comforting and enjoyable. And exercise just ... isn't! ;D
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

@Snowflake1968 - I try to avoid thinking about what I do or don't "deserve," because I can get really judgey. The length of time I was away from home was about right for me; I was just starting to get fidgety, but not to the point of being fully homesick.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options

Saturday 7/3/21
    - Up by 4:15✅
    - Work 5-1✅
    - Update JFT✅
    - Read 3 chapters of beta book🛑
    - Type 1 chapter🛑
    - Do 1 part of AWAI✅
    - Spend some QT with Matt🛑He had a bad migraine/neck pain that lasted most of the day. He spent a lot of time in bed or resting on the couch. It really sucks that something happens every time I become fertile for the month. It's making getting pregnant that much harder.
    - Cook dinner🛑Matt wanted take out. I got a burger and cheese fries. I probably should have gotten a salad but I just wasn't feeling it. Le sigh
    - Night routine ✅ Almost forgot to take my meds! I got so caught up in brushing my teeth and washing my face while watching TikTok that I completely forgot. Thank God I remembered pretty quickly. It would have made today very difficult.
    - Bed by 9:15 ✅ I think? Lol. Neighbors were setting off fireworks when we laid down to sleep. Very annoying but it didn't keep me awake for too long.

Forgot to make a to-do list again last night so I spent my shorter break today doing that. I only worked a 6hr shift because of the holiday. One of the really awesome things about the company I work for is that we either close early or are closed completely on all holidays. The store's closing at 4 today so that employees can spend time with their families.

I wasn't going to post today and my goals are really simple and already half done, but I wanted to keep myself accountable. So here I am! Lol.

JFT 7/4/21
    - Up at 5:15 ✅
    - Work 6-12✅
    - Ask mom about party start time✅
    - Update JFT ✅
    - Do something with the laundryThis one might be a stretch. Matt is currently napping in the bedroom so I can't hang anything up or fold any clothes right now. But we'll see.
    - Don't over indulge at the party!
    - Bed by 10:30 I made it a later time bc fireworks. They don't usually start until around 9 and last like 20 minutes and then we have to wait for the traffic to die down AND then head home. Honestly, I think 10:30 might be a stretch too. We'll see. Work tomorrow is going to be interesting.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT- Saturday July 3
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all Food - 😕 I got snacky in the evening and messed up.
    Walk 15 minutes - probably with cleaning.

JFT- Sunday July 4
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

Happy Independence Day to my American friends
    I seemed to have completely relaxed for the last 3 days
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 5 July

Yesterday escaped and I didn’t meet any of my usual goals 👿 I had a good horse ride on Saturday but now my muscles are aching. Sadly I don’t think that’s the reason for my recent gain though! The truth is that I’ve been eating out too much, not drinking enough water etc. Will be trying to log retrospectively and get back to doing what I need to 😊

Health goals
    Log (and catch up on missed entries)
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 👿

Domestic goals
    Food shopping - there’s very little to eat in the house and that does not help with food choices!
    We’re about to put our house on the market so today it’s more housework and decluttering plus valuations from 2 estate agents

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Back to posting for some accountability. Things are not great here and I know I'm at that tipping point of eating for comfort/feeling too upset to eat. I weighed myself this morning and I've put on 2lbs since the start of the year, I don't want to put on any more!

So...after 2 months in hospital my mother has moved to a care home. The hospital staff didn't expect her to survive so it's been quite a roller coaster. It's a good care home, but she is not getting much benefit, she refuses to leave her room. I appreciate the precautions the home takes but it doesn't mean I like it! Need to be tested and then wait outside until the results are through. My brain is exhausted trying to encourage her and getting nowhere.

Also, my son's partner has decided to leave. I'm really upset at this, she was part of the family and their child is only 2. My heart breaks for my son, none of us want her to leave. This is the thing most likely to send my eating haywire, I can't stop thinking about it.

Oh, and I had a painful procedure done at hospital, and I'm waiting for biopsy results. 2 weeks and counting...

In the past when things are not going well is when I would resort to comfort eating. I have done a bit of that, but obviously not enough to do too much damage yet. I need to learn from the past and nip it in the bud. So I'm here to be accountable to myself.

JFT Monday 5th July

No more than one small snack
    Reasonable portion sizes
    Food shopping, don't buy lots of sugary stuff. If it's not in the house you can't eat it.
    Walk (I haven't walked much the last 2 months. I hoped the rest would help with my plantar fasciitis but it hasn't. Still very painful)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options
    Had a nice 4 day weekend to celebrate Independence Day here in the US, but unfortunately I was sick the whole time. I’m feeling 80% better today as long as I stay up with the cold meds, but not well enough to go ride. Just well enough to do laundry. Go figure. Anyway, it was a peaceful but boring weekend. I’m hoping tomorrow the funk will be gone and I can get in with getting healthy.

@littleblackskirt i sincerely hope thinks look up for you. You are in such a difficult situation. I’m glad you are posting again. I’ve missed you.

JTF Monday
    - rest
    - Recuperate
    - Reset mentally

Happy Monday y’all!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Check in on MFP. AM run: 2 miles.
    2. Morning: S&F script work. Work on green room. Make list of items to donate and items to dump. Where can pictures hang? Transportation? Umbrella / cane / sword storage. Suede jackets? Clean out grey cabinet. Set up photo organization with parents. Doctor visit for IB; RS doctor appt for me. Recycling.
    3. Run lines for Little Princess. Check paypal. Write blog post/script; Zoom w/S. Set up weights.
    4. Brunch: Frittata. Scrub one necklace with toothpaste.
    5. Afternoon: Choose orgs for donations? Log reading on Beanstalk and Goodreads. Check on plates. Read: 1 hr. Put laundry away. Finish Expectations script. Write documentation script. Film scripts Wednesday.
    6. Evening: Clois. Dinner: Dutch baby.
    7. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    9. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. Wed book group. Sat yoga. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Donations to thrift store. Call Dr. to RS. World lit book to S Fri-Sat; forward email contact. 9 Round - check on free week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    Today: 195.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – Late Oct? ObG schedule for ??. PCP Aug 17. Therapy July 27.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. Office conversion.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create PDFs for video lessons. Change the green room into an office.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Gotta keep on keepin' on. I don't want to run tomorrow. :P But it's supposed to rain Wednesday. I can do it. It's just two miles. I can do it.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.

@HEGoddard0928 - Thank you! It's not consistent. But it's not nothing :D
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 5 July

Yesterday escaped and I didn’t meet any of my usual goals 👿 I had a good horse ride on Saturday but now my muscles are aching. Sadly I don’t think that’s the reason for my recent gain though! The truth is that I’ve been eating out too much, not drinking enough water etc. Will be trying to log retrospectively and get back to doing what I need to 😊

Health goals
    Log (and catch up on missed entries) 😊( 👿) catching up is not going to happen
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 👿
    Fitbit exercise goals 👿
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬆️ 👿

Domestic goals
    Food shopping - there’s very little to eat in the house and that does not help with food choices! 😊
    We’re about to put our house on the market so today it’s more housework and decluttering plus valuations from 2 estate agents 😊

@littleblackskirt I'm sorry things are so tough for you at the moment.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Tuesday 6 July

Health goals
    Log (and catch up on missed entries)
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

Domestic goals
    More decluttering and another valuation

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 5th July

No more than one small snack 2, but they were quite small
    Reasonable portion sizes yes
    Food shopping, don't buy lots of sugary stuff. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. done, mostly cleaning supplies for business. Bought one pack of snacks, very low calorie...remember only one per day!
    Walk (I haven't walked much the last 2 months. I hoped the rest would help with my plantar fasciitis but it hasn't. Still very painful) I wanted to, truly I did, but my foot was so painful by evening that I didn't go.

JFT Tuesday 6th July

No more than one small snack
    Reasonable portion sizes
    Finish business ironing
    Do some reading prior to doing yearly accounts

I'm hoping that if I focus on stopping mindless snacking for the next couple of weeks, I'll then be ready to start counting calories again.

@ZizzyBumble you're not selling your Scottish house are you? (Sorry, I'm just nosy!)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,326 Member
    Options

JTF Monday
    - rest :smiley:
    - Recuperate :smiley:
    - Reset mentally :smiley:

Happy Monday y’all!

Yesterday was a good day mentally, so I did something positive with it. I scheduled gym time with a trainer MWF at 6:30am. It will get me out of bed and doing something positive to start my days. Plus there is some accountability in meeting someone even if I am paying them. The cost is nominal because it is a group training session. I like the idea of it, and I like that nobody in the group knows me so there are no expectations. 99% of the time working out makes me feel 99% better. I know this, but when I'm down I just can't get up the motivation to do it. Something has to give, none of my clothes fit and that's just embarrassing. Trying to jump back on the bandwagon of healthy living. Hope I stick with it. I do feel very good about the possibility.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work by 8:30 :smiley:
    - Create Power Point for data integrity :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Meetings at 11:00 & 12:30, try to squeeze in lunch
    - Audit in Delrin
    - Create Calibration Schedule for July
    - Swim meet after work
    - Log Food
    - Eat within calorie allotment
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30
    - Catch TdF highlights

Hope y'all have a fab day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Had a very enjoyable & relaxing four-day holiday weekend, but it was hot & humid! Haven't logged on MFP since Friday, need to get back to it. Busy fieldwork day at work. I'll read everyone's posts later.

JFT 7/6 T
    1) Move hourly
    2) Not sure about supper / NO evening snacks / net cals zero / 14c water
    3) GA-IT review mgmt responses (11 days early!) & issue report / GA-C/V fieldwork at MC, P & OTC locations
    4) Preorder R supper for GBBG concert / call mom & dad / wash dishes / other chore?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / VOLTAREN / Calm app before bed / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work)

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (232 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So I had fun at the 4th of July party/fireworks but had a pretty major meltdown when I got home. Just too much went on and I was completely overloaded. Yesterday was better but I didn't do much. Including logging and posting. But I'm off the next two days so we'll see how I do.

I did some things this morning, although I did Doom Scroll YouTube for two hours... And it's already 1pm. Le sigh.

So onto some goals!

JFT, 7/6/21

- Wake up by 10 ✅
    - Update JFT ✅
    - Verify that deposit went through ✅
    - Pay 1 car payment ✅
    - Close outside office door ✅ Actually did this yesterday. Lol. But after I made today's to-do list
    - ADHD-fy fridge ✅Not the best bc we have a rather small and very old fridge but I did the best I could.
    - Vacuum living room
    - Hang/drawer clean clothes!!
    - Cook dinner
    - Read 1 chapter of beta book
    -Ta-Da lista list of things I've done during the day. Like the opposite of a to-do list. I call it a Ta-Da list bc it's like TA DA look at all I've done today! Lol
    - Night time routine

Hardest thing is going to the laundry. Lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday July 5
    1.5L of water - 😕
    Log all Food - 😕
    Walk 15 minutes - 😕

JFT- Tuesday July 6
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food
    Walk 15 minutes

It seems I missed the whole day yesterday. I’ve been updating in the evenings because I don’t have time in the day. Last night though my new phone arrived and that took up the whole evening.

@ZizzyBumble - I hope the pain eases soon. “Eating out too much and not drinking enough water”. That was my problem the last few days too.

@littleblackskirt - it’s been a very stressful time for you. I hope things settle soon and that your biopsy results are benign. Just logging has gotten me back on track. I haven’t even tried to stay at 1200.

@pridesabtch - hope you feel better soon, I admire that you will go to a group exercise class, I will not exercise if anyone is around me. Flashbacks of gym class all those years ago.

@MLHC1 - Texas is one of my travel wishes. I have been in it, but it was with my husband driving truck. I didn’t see a tumbleweed, a ranch or a cowboy. Maybe someday.

@HEGoddard0928 - I love the Ta-Da list! I’m going to tell my daughter about it.