I’m drinking my calories!

Options
jonsek
jonsek Posts: 50 Member
So here for 5 years now and duo n and out. Weight stable to within 1 stone. Currently at higher end. I’m UK size 10, eat healthily and active daily (with horses) but I enjoy an evening drink … which can lead to sugar cravings!! I’ve started back as accountability and to highlight to myself how many calories I actually drink in a bid to find healthier ways to relax and unwind … any tips from anyone who’s been here before me? TIA

Replies

• jonsek
    Options
    Lol just noticed the glass of red in my profile picture!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of excellent threads on trying to control drinking. I don't drink (stopped cold turkey when I was pregnant with my first 37 years ago and just never enjoyed a drink after), but came across their thread and was amazed at how welcoming and supportive they are. A new thread starts every month. If I had to cut down, I'd definitely get in touch with them. Good luck.
  • jonsek
    Options
    Thanks Snowflake. I’ve tried searching but there are so many old and dead end threads. Are there any offhand that you could recommend?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I found it and bumped it up into the first position. It's called "Less alcohol, one day at a time--October " by miss may. They'll start a November one tomorrow. Sorry, I'm a computer dimwit or I'd give you the link direct.
  • jonsek
    Options
    I found it and bumped it up into the first position. It's called "Less alcohol, one day at a time--October " by miss may. They'll start a November one tomorrow. Sorry, I'm a computer dimwit or I'd give you the link direct.

Thank you! Looking out for November thread!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Alcohol makes every decision involving self control more difficult. Or, maybe I should say less difficult.