TRIBAL CAPTAINS FORUM (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    One of my Tribeswomen had this request - I wish there was an alternative "mileage" if you ride a stationary bike instead. Like...3 miles on the bike for every 1 mile walk.

I know we allowed walk/run/jog/bike/swim for the 100 mile team challenge last month... Is this acceptable or no?

I just got that request, too. Been raining down here in the south-east from the tropical storm. She's wondering if she can do the miles on her stationary bike. Anyone? :glasses:
  • hefinator
    Options
    So, Captains, how do you have your team update you with their results for the week? do you have them post daily? do you require a certain format by email each week?! how do YOU do it!!

i've got an OK system set up, but if someone has an easier or more efficient way to track everything, i'm all ears! :)

-Holly
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    So, Captains, how do you have your team update you with their results for the week? do you have them post daily? do you require a certain format by email each week?! how do YOU do it!!

i've got an OK system set up, but if someone has an easier or more efficient way to track everything, i'm all ears! :)

-Holly

Bump
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    My question is about the TABATA workout. Is it a required challenge or is it for extra points?
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I sent each of them a link to individual (so no one can screw up anyone else's stuff by accident) Google docs. This is the link...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag_pBINjFdhpdGdzZGh1RmZ6NU93TDRfQkdhZ0pvUXc&hl=en_US

I update the spreadsheets weekly so the challenge shows on their individual spreadsheet. Cut and Paste do NOT work between Google Docs, but CTRL-C (copy) and CTRL-V (paste) do... So I update this one, and then CTRL C and CTRL V 10 times... Voila, it works for me...

~ Sonia
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Because we run ours through a Facebook group, I made a doc where they all gave me yes/no to the challenges and their end-of-week weight. Kept it nice and clean for me.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have daily questions... hopefully it helps others?

~Is there a modification(s) to this weeks bonus Bear walk?

Thank you

I have a member of my team with an injury who cant put weight on one hand. I'd definitely like to know if there is a modification or substitution for the bear walk.

One of my Tribeswomen had this request - I wish there was an alternative "mileage" if you ride a stationary bike instead. Like...3 miles on the bike for every 1 mile walk.

I know we allowed walk/run/jog/bike/swim for the 100 mile team challenge last month... Is this acceptable or no?

Good question, and also the question about the bonus points allowed per day....I'm interested in the answers to these as well.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you help please?

How do we log the teams's extras - ie bear walk, team challenges etc on the spreadsheet??

Thanks
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you help please?

How do we log the teams's extras - ie bear walk, team challenges etc on the spreadsheet??

Thanks

There is an extra column to the right of the daily columns, before the totals for the daily challenges. I'm putting them there for now until I figure out what to do with them. But I have this same question...thinking maybe we should just add them in at the end of the week to the total.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you help please?

Thanks

There is an extra column to the right of the daily columns, before the totals for the daily challenges. I'm putting them there for now until I figure out what to do with them. But I have this same question...thinking maybe we should just add them in at the end of the week to the total.
    Thank you :smile:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you help please?

Thanks

each exercise is not counted individually.
    Each person gets 1 point each day, if they complete the entire exercise challenge (either Pygmy or Bushman) for that particular day.
    Then if they drink the 64oz (or more) of water, eat under calorie goal (daily) etc that is what counts towards the weekly challenge
    which is 5 points for the week.. but ALL members have to do that for all 6 days of the week to get the weekly points.
    And then for weight loss challenge you get 1 point per pound lost, per person.
    What throws me off is the "Daily Team Challenge". Is there something that I'm missing?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi

Can you help please?

Thanks

each exercise is not counted individually.
    Each person gets 1 point each day, if they complete the entire exercise challenge (either Pygmy or Bushman) for that particular day.
    Then if they drink the 64oz (or more) of water, eat under calorie goal (daily) etc that is what counts towards the weekly challenge
    which is 5 points for the week.. but ALL members have to do that for all 6 days of the week to get the weekly points.
    And then for weight loss challenge you get 1 point per pound lost, per person.
    What throws me off is the "Daily Team Challenge". Is there something that I'm missing?

Yes if someone could explain how to log the mini challenge that would be great. :)
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Fellow captains,

I have had a team member that has had to drop due to illness.

Please let me know via MFP mail if you have someone that wants a spot for the remainder of the challenge.

Thanks!!
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gary said yep to doing 4 bike miles to 1 walk/run/jog mile :-)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    WK 3 QUESTION from one of my team members:

"I was looking at week three and noticed the Pygmy and Bushmen have different team challenges. If we do the 500 crunches and the 5 mile run/walk can our team get points for both? I'm up for doing both but I'm not going to kill myself if we don't get the points for it. :-)"

If someone could let me know, please do.
  • bregalad5
    Options
    Is the 5 miles for week 3 a bonus point for each person if they do it, or is it included in the daily points?
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well, our team has pretty much fizzled.. :sad:

I think we have 5 people left that are trying to keep up.

I don't know if we will be much competition but, we are still trying to motivate each

It does make me think twice about trying to recruit people. I think if you WANT to join a challenge you will seek it out. I am just a little frustrated, why join if you don't want to do it? Ugh
  • bregalad5
    Options

I don't know if we will be much competition but, we are still trying to motivate each

It does make me think twice about trying to recruit people. I think if you WANT to join a challenge you will seek it out. I am just a little frustrated, why join if you don't want to do it? Ugh

We've just had several of us get sick :cry: I typically do my challenge exercises right when I get home from the gym/zumba while I'm still running on my "high" but now I just feel wiped out after I get home.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Has anyone received week 4?
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

We've just had several of us get sick :cry: I typically do my challenge exercises right when I get home from the gym/zumba while I'm still running on my "high" but now I just feel wiped out after I get home.

We've had a few get sick, a few injuries, one quit and at least one that hasn't participated (due to work).
    Since the beginning there has only been 5 or 6 that have even let me know they've done the challenge(s).
    I've had to chase down the others--and some still haven't replied.
    So we're down to about 1/2 a team now, I guess.

Anyone know if we're continuing with this? I haven't seen Week 4 posted yet?