November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,963 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! You'll love this supportive group, no matter what your current fitness status is.

@martaindale I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse. I'm sure I would have tired to catch myself and wound up with two broken arms or something. Love the camping area. Looks really nice.

I'll have to try to answer the shirt question later. I know my first race was in August of 2009, when I turned 50. It was a 10K trail race, that I was not prepared for. But, I don't think I got a shirt for that race. :disappointed: I'll have to think about what my next race was. I was pretty sporadic with my running then, so it's hard to say.

I went to the chiropractor again today...adjustment only. After yesterday being such a bad day, I wasn't sure what he would say. Fortunately, today was much much better, so he wasn't overly concerned and told me to keep running short distances for now and do the exercises and ice the back.

After I got home, I went out for a run on my driveway. I decided to do a run/walk of 4/1 minutes and see if that made any difference in how my back felt. Of course, it's not comparing apples to apples since Saturday's run was on the treadmill. Anyway, since I was only going 2 miles, I decided to run up the hill that I give in and walk up on longer runs. It wasn't too bad and my pace wasn't "horrible," considering.

11-1 Ran 2.0 miles Walked 1.0 mile - driveway laps

Monthly total: Running 2.0/50 Walking 1.0/30
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a chance to check the shirts today, but I am pretty sure I donated every last one of them a couple years back with the mindset that any sentiment was better and longer kept in the medals (which have been in storage). I had a habit of wearing the race shirts I liked as regular casual shirts. So I never kept them with the intention of having around for a long time.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    With regard to racing shirts, I have a couple of long sleeved shirts that I wear under scrubs. It is so cold in the hospital. I have another one which is super ugly that I wear to fix breakfast....in case grease gets spattered on it. The short sleeved ones I wear during my runs or walks and sometimes in the race itself. I started in 2014...so do not have a lot of shirts, maybe 15? If I knew how to add pictures, I would post them.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,963 Member
    Options
    Nice start to the month @ereck44. You can post pictures under a "spoiler" by clicking the little paragraph icon above the status bar and click on spoiler. Then click the little "picture" icon, again above the status bar, and select the picture to upload. At least, that's how it works on my laptop. I rarely get on MFP on my phone, so don't know if it works the same or not. LOL
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Nice start to the month @ereck44. You can post pictures under a "spoiler" by clicking the little paragraph icon above the status bar and click on spoiler. Then click the little "picture" icon, again above the status bar, and select the picture to upload. At least, that's how it works on my laptop. I rarely get on MFP on my phone, so don't know if it works the same or not. LOL

Hahaha!!!! So THAT'S how spoilers are done!!