How often do you weigh?

Options
124»

Replies

• Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself first thing, before a drink and post toilet visit, so I know it is as consistent as possible. Probably once a fortnight. I've been in maintenance for years, gradually doing a recomp.
  • revinso
    revinso Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, and the scales record it on an app along with other statistics. Same time first thing every day, after bowel movement and naked. So it is consistent. As I am calorie counting and improving fitness (mainly with rowing and weights), I find daily weight check is helpful to make sure I stay on track. I don't care about minor fluctuations as the trend is important, but any hint of gain will cause me to consume less that day to ensure I stay on track. I also check BP regularly, self test blood sugar each week, and waist measurement each week.

I know people counsel against daily weighing, but I see no harm in it at all, as it is a further useful check on my eating behaviour and gives me assurance that I am getting somewhere.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    revinso wrote: »
    I weigh every day, and the scales record it on an app along with other statistics. Same time first thing every day, after bowel movement and naked. So it is consistent. As I am calorie counting and improving fitness (mainly with rowing and weights), I find daily weight check is helpful to make sure I stay on track. I don't care about minor fluctuations as the trend is important, but any hint of gain will cause me to consume less that day to ensure I stay on track. I also check BP regularly, self test blood sugar each week, and waist measurement each week.

I know people counsel against daily weighing, but I see no harm in it at all, as it is a further useful check on my eating behaviour and gives me assurance that I am getting somewhere.

I do the same. I used to weigh in ever week, like on a Sunday. That caused me more anxiety than weighing every day. My body measurements I do every other week.
  • Gardensoul57
    Gardensoul57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning right after getting up.
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Every day I weigh, same time. I only log weight when it is down from the previous check in.
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Just about every morning, but I only record it when I go over 140 and then when I go back under. I want to have a record from this year that shows when I tend to gain or lose weight. So far, I think I have to watch the Halloween candy and Valentines!
  • elaroch05
    elaroch05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, first thing in the morning, but expect weight fluctuations. The key factor is making sure that the "trend" line is a downward trend. By weighing daily, you can note new trends (like a slow increase) more quickly and adjust or change things as needed.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but only log it on Fridays. Helps me stay motivated but not twitchy.