Ease into 10k - Sept starters?

Options
2»

Replies

• pokyfamily
    Options
    good job everyone. I am going to start week two tomorrow. I'll be travelling for work and staying in an area that I may need to use the indoor treadmill. Help me. I guess now I'll be able to find out how fast I go. Is 6mph a good place to start? Years ago, (7 or more) I trained for and ran a half marathon with my husband and I remember doing like 7.2mph, but I'm not sure now if I'll get much over 5mph. When I run in my neighborhood, there are lots of hills and I go really slow. I am really liking the program so far.

Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day1 done. I am liking the program, too. I added an extra interval today. I am used to running 3 milkes most days, so I may do that until we get into the longer runs.

Toadie, that is a great idea to up your speed the last day. I am going to try to go up to 6 on Friday. Maybe even Wed, do every other interval at 6.

Pokey, I have never finished my 3 miles at over 5.5 mph. I have ran a 10 min mile outside 1 time. Lol! I guess it just depends on your stride and what you are comfortable with. My goal is to run 5k in under 30 min.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • SDMHudson
    SDMHudson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm such a slacker. And plus I recently lost my motivation to work out as much as I was in August.

But I'm slower coming back into it. Now the problem that I'm having is that when I start running my legs hurt for the first minute or so. I feel like such as old person, lol.

I hope that you ladies are fairing a little better than I am. :wink:
    Selena
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Selena - My legs were killing me that first run too. Ditto to feeling old.

I've been battling a chest thing this week so put the runs on hold. Have yet to do any day of week 2. :cry: Hoping it clears up by tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • SDMHudson
    SDMHudson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Toadie- Now I just pop a couple of Mortin before I run and it seems to help.

But I am glad to say that I'm all caught up on my runs. I'm now on Week 2 day 2!