Just Give Me 20 Days - Round 167

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    @starrjulia8 YOU ARE AWESOME! Taking care of life’s issues is tough but you are working at it and we’re all here for you!

@Nicoles0305 I know there are naysayers but I learned a long time ago that I am insulin resistant. I have to work to keep my TOTAL carb intake quite low because even those fiber grams DO affect me. You can look at my spoiler to see how it worked for me. It’s not EASY but anything worth doing isn’t. My sis-in-law said she couldn’t do it because she “would die without bread” and my DH refuses to give up corn and Dr. Pepper but other things that we no longer have in the house have helped him lose 20#.

Just throwing in my comments on what I assume is a Keto topic. I did Keto for 6 weeks, summer 2018. I LOVED it, though it was challenging preparing food for both me and my husband, who had no interest in Keto. Why did I try it? I had listened to discussion regarding brain health, and that brought me to Keto. What made me stop? My worst and final hemorrhoid flare which led to surgery. My urine also became exceedingly acidic and would burn every time I urinated (Went to doc for UTI, nope. Very acidic urine.). Did I follow the lifestyle poorly? Likely. I tend to go "all in" and those last few days I had a total carb (not net carb) that was very close to zero. If I were to try again. I would invest much more effort into including low net carb vegetables and alkaline foods, and be more "balanced" in my approach. Will I return to Keto? Fear of a second surgery will likely prevent that.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    🍁🐿🍂🐿🍎

11/05 - 178.6, Ave 179
    Apparently my up and down calories are working for me. We have 5 more rounds this year if I’ve calculated correctly, so I may not get out of the 70s by Jan 1, but if I keep up my current rate I should be close. As long as I’m moving in the right direction! I’ve been experimenting to see which really works best for me, no breakfast, big breakfast, or something in between. I can’t skip it, I’ve found—I get woozy by mid morning. My fav is a homemade egg muffin—whole grain English muffin, Canadian bacon, cheese, & egg. It’s very balanced nutritionally and I eat less later in the day. I also love French toast made with Dave’s Killer Bread Good Seed thin—I pour the extra egg over the bread for more protein & fat, and eat it with a thin topping of fruit-only spread. Very satisfying. Also like (occasionally) Bilinski chicken sausages. Just curious — what do you all eat for breakfast?

11/06 - 178.4, Ave 178.8
    Little by little. Have a lovely Saturday!

For my breakfast, when my brain is working, it is imperative that I include 1/2 - 3/4 cup of fiber one cereal. It keeps my "system" normal. I have done it as just a bowl of cereal. But last year when I was losing, I took one scoop Quest protein powder and 1 TB chia seeds and hydrated to PB consistency, swirled in 5 oz fat free plain greek yogurt and topped with 26 grams of the fiber one cereal. (My coffee also contains miralax and benefiber - which fortunately have no taste). Overall breakfast of champions. :P Starts my day well and fiber and iron are two of my trackable elements. I need to get back to this consistently.