Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @Xellercin - Thank you for sharing your success and one of the benefits ... not having to think about whether or not you want to drink!

I had a M-Th AF plan which I did well with in 2019 but then DH started drinking more and it derailed me. I liked my not having to think about it on M-Th. Why not impose that on myself again. It made it easier to not have to make decisions.
    After this first glass I no longer thought about it because I had made the decision to be AF and just did it.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    We watched the first episode in the new season of Great British Baking Show. I love that program. But it makes me want to SNACK SO BAD!

We have sweets in the house, but I resisted. Extra drinks make resisting that much harder.

THIS! My husband always watches some kind of cooking show after dinner, and even though I just had a full meal, it makes me hungry! I can’t even watch it. Everything looks delicious!
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    We watched the first episode in the new season of Great British Baking Show. I love that program. But it makes me want to SNACK SO BAD!

We have sweets in the house, but I resisted. Extra drinks make resisting that much harder.

THIS! My husband always watches some kind of cooking show after dinner, and even though I just had a full meal, it makes me hungry! I can’t even watch it. Everything looks delicious!

That's funny, I always watch that show and marvel that nothing looks that appetizing. I don't know why, but everything I look at on that show makes me think it would be too sweet.
  • dwaters1962
    dwaters1962 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually binge drink. And end up in pretty nasty situations, where I have to apologize to my friends and family. My last blunder was in September, so i stopped completely drinking for over 30 days. I resumed drinking in October, small quantities and only at home...I don't want to slip up and start drinking large quantities again so I joined this group for accountability.
    I want to have a sober November, with a maximum of 2 days of drinking, just red wine.

There is a place for help other than here not that this group isn't a bad place because I think that it is a great place for accountability, however, there is another place where you can be accountable face to face.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,601 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I ended with 16AF days for October. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days.
    November 28th 2018 was when I started on this thread. My late Dad's birthday.
    I have learned to drink less over the past 3 years, although it was very tough at first weaning myself off of being a daily drinker.

Diary style is how I roll and keep track.

Saturday November 06 - AF - Went to a Christmas Farmer's Market with a friend about 1/2 hour away. Really great. Kind of felt like having drinks, but didn't have my work schedule that begins Sunday, so didn't.
    Sunday November 07 - AF - Quite a different schedule for me at the restaurant this week, no splits until the weekend, Wednesday and Thursday off - two days in a row! Wednesday I will go out of town for my other job, then am planning to have a few drinks that night when I get home.
    Monday November 08 - AF - Really felt like having drinks, had to use some willpower : - )
    Tuesday November 09 - AF - Planning to have drinks and possibly pizza tomorrow night when I get back into town. Completely looking forward to a full day off from all jobs on Thursday.

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 9 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @tmbg1

I am a puker. I have never been able to have more than 3 drinks without throwing up.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Nov 1,2,3,4 - AF
    Nov 5 - two bottles of wine
    Nov 6,7,8,9 - AF

Congrats on all of those AF days! Your tolerance for alcohol will probably go down because of it.