November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member

Ok, picture works outside of spoiler :)

• CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member

5 easy miles on the RTP trails. Warming back up. 64F at 8AM.

63.9 out of 165 complete.

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited November 2021

Not sure what's going on with MFP, but can't access Community on the mobile app, only web browser.

Anyway...5.5 mile run, easy 9:39 min per mile pace with 360 feet of elevation. First run since last Sunday's ultra and legs still a little achy, but getting back to normal.

Going to try something new in terms of my training, I've realised I'm not doing enough speed work therefore will try and do some intervals within my long runs or if I am able to run 3 times a week, one session will be faster/speed work.

November cumulative:

41.8 miles and 2,806 feet of elevation.

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member

I’m glad I’m not the only one who hates the new forum format!

Last night’s run was 6x (1 min at 9:03-9:23, 1 min recovery) and 6x (30s at 8:03-8:23, 1 min recovery). I ran on the indoor track at the gym. My Garmin has acted so funky the last few days and tracked my repeats all close to 11:00 pace, which they definitely were not. I’m not sure how I really did because everything was off. It says I only completed 1.75 miles with my warmup and cooldown included, which cannot be right. I know I did at least 2 miles, but I wasn’t counting my laps, so I’m not sure how much over 2 miles. I reset my watch, so we’ll see how it works tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, I am running the Homecoming 5K at my alma mater.

Training runs: 6/16

Miles completed: 16.49

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    @polskagirl01 I love the photo but honestly I take one look at the trail and the roots and my ankles start twinging... 😉
    It's kind of like a dance 😁
  • johnisrunning
    johnisrunning Posts: 142 Member
    Well, I'm not fond of the forum changes...

11/1- 4 miles
    11/2- 7.8 miles
    11/3- Rest
    11/4- 4.8 miles
    11/5- 6.55 miles
    11/6- 4.15 miles
    11/7- 16 miles
    11/8- 4.65 miles
    11/9- 6.59 miles
    11/10- 4.56 miles
    11/11- 6.83 miles
    11/12- Rest

November To-Date: 65.93 miles
    November Target: 158 miles
    Percentage Complete: 41.73%
    On Pace?: 2.73 miles ahead of pace

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,954 Member
    @WhatMeRunning Thanks for pointing out how to do the spoiler. I would never have figured that out either. Oh wait....they've changed it again. At least it is easier to find above the post.

@AlphaHowls Love the rainbow picture! I actually loved some of the things my flip phone could do that my smart phone can't.

@julieannegannon Glad you were able to get out for a walk!

@polskagirl01 When I went to the chiropractor yesterday, he gave me some exercises to do. One of them is the superman. I actually found it easier than legs alone too. Pretty picture. Sorry about the horrific customer. People!

@marisap2010 Have fun with your 5K tomorrow.

@rheddmobile Happy birthday to your husband and it's awesome that you went out for a birthday run. Sorry about part of your trail not bein accessible anymore though. That stinks.

I do like the save draft button and glad preview is back.

• quilteryoyo
    @ereck44 Wow. That's a great pace! Glad your hip wasn't bothering you. Hugs regarding your phone issues. Sounds like they are hoping you'll purchase new ones.

@Orphia You are doing great with your comeback. Not sure what your ultimate goal is, but you have to start somewhere and you are doing great with NOT trying to do too much too soon. That was hard for me when I started running again after my surgery....and now recouping from back issues.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    Orphia wrote: »
    Another 28 minute run. My heartrate was a bit lower this time, and the run felt a little bit easier.

This is meant to be the final week of Couch to 5K before you can run 5 km but I'm only up to 3.5 km so I don't see 5 km happening next week. Maybe 4.2 km round the lake, which would be a personal goal.

Having formerly run marathons and an ultra it seems odd to be working hard to do a 5K but having had a lot of illness in 2020 it's been a slow fight back and I'm sort of used to being a newbie again.

What I love about C25K is that you can go at your own pace. You can repeat weeks or sessions as you like. One year I really lost my running mojo so I would just start out with a walk and put it on to get my heart rate up a little bit. You are making GREAT progress and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will return to the fitness level with all the work you are doing.
  • quilteryoyo
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Thought during kilometer 5 that if my legs ran like my nose, I'd be world class.
    :D
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,970 Member
    November Goal: 100 Miles

11/2: 4.03 miles
    11/4: 4.04 miles
    11/6: 13.18 miles
    11/9: 5.10 miles
    11/10: 5.10 miles
    11/11: 5.10 miles
    11/12: 3.14 miles

39.69/100 miles completed for November

I haven't been able to get on the forums the last couple of days. But I have been running. I ran 5 miles on both Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. The weather has been perfect and I have really been enjoying just getting out and running for
    fun. Tuesday and Wednesday I was pretty slow, but Thursday was a little faster. I don't know if it was the cooler temperature or that I was more rested from the race. Probably a little of both. Today was another nice morning and even cooler, but not too cold. I usually take Friday as a rest day, but I am doing the "Don't Hug a Runner Yet" challenge so I got out and ran a 5K. It was really nice and I had negative splits.

I was finally able to get on the web and post this. I hope they get it working for the app again soon. I still need to go back and read and get caught up with what everyone is up to.

[img]https:// www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/t/wf6pNqJ/ exercise.png[/img]

2021 Races: 4/24/21: Run For The Children - 10K PR 55:46:28.
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
    - PR 2:07:11 and 1st in AG