November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options

Ok, to do spoilers, click the paragraph icon in the text box where you type, then click the " and then select spoiler

• WhatMeRunning
    edited November 2021
    Options

...and apparently you can accidentally hit post when you haven't typed anything at all and make an empty post. This was empty until I edited it to add all this text.

• WhatMeRunning
    Options

Test of spoiler

• CarsonSurfs
    CarsonSurfs Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I can't stand it when technology tries to make it "easier" for me. I should have the option to type the markup that I want in addition to the UI menu. Dumb.

Anyway, 8 miles today with 6x15 second strides, 60 second recovery. Overall pace was 9:25 per mile.

58.8 out of 165 done.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Geez Louise, I never would have found that on my own! I didn’t see there was a paragraph icon even after you said it, I had to keep looking for it! It doesn’t pop up until you begin to type, and then it’s actually hidden on my iPad, because the field is slightly larger than the screen size, so I have to drag the whole screen right to find it. Why not put it with the other icons?

also I hate this font. Yucky.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I agree with everyone that the new format is not good, but I still have hopes since they say it is still a work in progress. Seems like they should have not went live with the changes though until they finished going through Alpha / Beta testing 😏 🤷‍♂️

But I DO LIKE the 'Save as Draft' button!

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

11 Nov total 70.15 out of 150 goal. 214.21 left for run the year so need to avg 4.284 the rest of the year to complete on time. I am slightly ahead planning to coast to the end in Dec hopefully. interesting. The spacing was huge when I tried to copy last post so I just did a copy from my spreadsheet. The colors are different shoes... I keep track of mileage also. haha... I did not QUITE get the spoiler thing going...

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options

Biggest hugs to you @AlphaHowls . I can't imagine how difficult your mom's situation is for you. I'm glad you brother is coming in to see her. I'm sure they will both enjoy that!

@skippygirlsmom Does the 5K go into the cave too? The one I was looking at it did.

@martaindale Glad your post race run went well.

@ContraryMaryMary I did talk to the chiropractor today and told him about you all talking about how much your glutes hurt but no one said it bothered their lower back. He looked surprised. He said I probably did excellent on the standing test because it uses my leg muscles too, which are in good shape from running. According to him, the leg raise test uses mostly your lower back muscles. Who knows. Maybe I described it wrong.

@katharmonic I thought the pine marten was a bird too. I'm glad you posted the picture. Yeah for a free gym. Glad you tried it out!

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options

Oh, thank you! Never would have figured that out. That little paragraph symbol looks like some formatting error to me. Everything looks very ugly and crude. I'm using the web browser, haven't tried the app at all.

Today's late afternoon run was on the canal, snuck in just before dark.

Oh hey look at this, when I copy/paste from my spreadsheet it becomes an image and you can click on it and change the alignment. And now the text is wrapping. We'll see how this posts though.

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

This was from 10/28/2021, just testing how the images come up

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options

Thanks @WhatMeRunning! I would never have found it either. When/where did you see an announcement about the changes being implemented?

I suspect with no BBCode being supported, the ticker some of use will no longer be supported either unless we can try different formats and see what works.

@Scott6255 - they seem to do a LOT of testing in production and fix after the fact as needed...

@katharmonic - I like that it will wrap text!

I don't use the app at all. I find it very unfriendly and buggy. I am also unable to get to my newsfeed/food or exercise diary today at all. Wondering if they are making a bunch of changes there too since the Community pages were down most of the day yesterday for me at least.

I finally had time this morning to get a run in. Too bad we are having Santa Ana winds that kicked in overnight and it was hot, hot, hot even early this morning. It was well over 80F by 7:30-8am and got up to around 95F. We only did 2.45miles but it was at least something. I should be able to get out on Saturday for a run too. Not going to try tomorrow because it is going to be so hot again and we need to get some errands done in the morning.

• WhatMeRunning
    Options

@shanaber I think they mention it in one of the links in the announcements banner at the top about the changes and bugs. They are blaming it on their forum provider no longer wishing to support the older ways MFP had things set up for their forum settings.

• WhatMeRunning
    Options

@AlphaHowls one of the bugs listed in their open bug reports link above is about images in spoilers not actually appearing in the spoiler. So it's not you doing anything wrong, it's just not working right. Neither is the Community section in the app for Android users. Only way here for Android users is to use a web browser.

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options

Honestly I don't mind seeing a rainbow NOT in a spoiler. anytime! :) thanks for the pretty photo this morning.

The spacing, coloring and random font sizing / location of things is pretty awful. I wonder who they hired to make the changes.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I agree, it's weird. For the spoiler, click on the paragraph button to the left, then go to the quotation marks. The spoiler is under there. Not easy to find at all. I didn't even realize the paragraph thing was menu at first.

And now I see @WhatMeRunning already posted this. Oh well.

Now that it was said, I notice the lack of tickers on posts. I do ❤️ the save as draft. On days when I am catching up from a few days away, it is so easy to lose a post as I try to work through several pages of posts and respond to people.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

November 1 – 7.32

November 3 – 5.30

November 5 – 5.60

November 6 – 3.06

November 7 – 7.5

November 8 – 7.1

November 10 – 8.02

November 12 – 5.06

Total – 48.96

Back from vacation and caught up on the posts and gave lots of hugs and likes - even with the funky formatting.  😏 Today's run was uneventful. 45F only about 10 degrees cooler than the past few morning runs at the beach.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options

Just trying out new forum posting, and it lost my whole post. Guess I should've clicked to "save draft".

Nothing much to report, I'm still on @quilteryoyo 's leg raise and tried again today. I could do superman, but when I put my arms down, my legs went down too. I couldn't get anything to engage to lift my legs alone.

This spoiler warning alone looks triggering. But will it let me add a picture?

Ok, maybe not. I tried to insert and attach, and nothing happened 🤔 Oh well.