Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Noteworthy November!!!

Options

Replies

• JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021
    Total loss to date: 57.6

November Start Weight:212.4
    November Goal Weight:
    Ultimate Goal Weight:TBD

November 7:212.4
    November 14: 212.4
    November 21:
    November 28:

Well, here it is weigh in day for me and no loss. No gain either. I was hoping for a loss this week.
    I was super conscious of not eating anything that I did not log. So those few times I snuck my daughter's Halloween candy I was honest about it. I've been using my food scale to measure out portions. I increased my water consumption to ensure I am drinking my 8 cups a day. I have to laugh because hwen I close out my diary at the end of the night MFP tells me I will be in Onderland in 5 weeks if every day was like today. 12 + lbs in 5 weeks in a very large amount of weight to lose in such a short amount of time. I am hoping the scale will start moving again this week. In my head, I was hoping I would be in Onderland by Christmas but am slowly coming to the realization that it may not be possible. I am actually okay with that because I know I am doing everything I can to get to my final goal. Like my dad always said "Rome wasn't built in a day."

I am getting really excited for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite one. I cannot wait to start decorating.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73 Maintenance is still a victory! I bet you'll whoosh soon.

Hubs decided to try the stairs this morning. He was successful, so now he's truly Home where he belongs :heart: He thinks going down might be more of a challenge, but he doesn't need to do that anytime soon. He's getting around remarkably well - my boss was prepared to go to bat to get me approved to wfh to help take care of him, but I actually don't think that will be necessary. He can get to the bathroom and kitchen just fine. He's got a walker and a big old pill case full of various tablets and capsules - you'd think he's 90, not 30, LMAO. His sister also sent him a collagen supplement and some protein powder, as well as a CBD pain ointment and some MCT oil - that we'll probably start using once he finishes his prescribed pharmaceuticals and has his stitches out. (I'm dubious about the efficacy of eating collagen, but okay. It's the thought that counts, I suppose. She advised us to mix it into a fruit smoothie, so that should at least get some fruit in him, if nothing else. Sidenote, if anyone here has any good smoothie recipes, especially recipes that are good with powdered collagen, I'm all ears.)

Lunch this week is chicken salad. I accidentally bought way too much effing celery, so I guess I'll be using that for my chicken-salad substrate rather than crackers. I've got chicken thighs in the Instant Pot, waiting to be depressurized and shredded in the KitchenAid. I usually use about a 3:1 plain greek yogurt:mayo mix for my protein-based-salad dressing, along with a healthy dollop of mustard, salt and pepper, maybe some garlic powder and other seasonings if I feel like getting ~fancy.~ I'll put in some celery for crunch and color (and to use more of it up, LMAO). I'll probably also hit it with a little bit of vinegar, since I don't have any pickles on hand right now, I don't think.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    @goal06082021 - so glad the hubs is recovering. I also might try your chicken salad recipe. We usually do a pecan/curry chicken salad using smoked chicken.

g62eqr0ak4hi.png
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    @sandielewis2001 oh dang, thank you for the reminder that I have walnuts! LMAO.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Well I didn't get to the 180 or below. Had an uptick to 181.8 lbs but I was true to my calories, carbs, water and exercise so just a normal weight fluctuation. So I lost 30.2 lbs during the 3 month challenge. Which is excellent!

So starting 11/1 at 181.8 lbs with goal of 5 lbs for the month. This 10 lb average / month that has been going on has got to slow down soon, I'm thinking.

Welcome back to past challengers and to the new ones!
    64 yo 5' 4" Heaviest Weight twice-255 lbs, got down to 122 lbs 2010 and kept it off 5 years then got lazy.
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    11/7/21-180 lbs! Down 75 lbs. 58 lbs to my 122 lb goal. Did 200 minutes on my Elliptical today, 14.25 miles.

11/14/21-176.6 lbs, Down 78.4 lbs, about 60 % of my 133 lbs loss goal, 5.2 lbs of my 11/1-1/31/22 (or 2/1/22 AM) 15 lb goal. Have been bumping up my Elliptical, was up to 210 minutes (3.5 hours) Today I did 223 minutes because I wanted to finish the last 10 minutes of the last movie and I wanted the 16 mile mark!
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    @JNettie73
    I know what you mean when you close out your diary. Mine has said on my non-work days, when I do my Elliptical, that in 5 weeks "You can be 155 lbs if everyday is like today!" Which is like 20+ lbs down in 5 weeks!? I can only exercise 3 days/week. Part of the reason I do the elliptical so long, when I can, is to average out about 1.5 hours/day over the week.

@goal06082021
    Glad to hear your husband is doing well!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I discovered the Libra app (weight trend) last night and inputted all my weights. I am loving that it actually puts a trend line and you can get an idea of where you'll be at a certain point. Like it says that if I keep losing the way I am (and despite Thanksgiving & Christmas lol), I would break into Onerland the end of December. That will obviously not happen (because Thanksgiving & Christmas lol) but it's still nice to see it laid out like that. Gives me a good idea of when I can aim for certain goals.

If I remember correctly, didn't Myfitnesspal do this at some point? It would say something along the lines of "losing 2 lbs a week, you will reach your goal on May 13th, 2023".
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight I know you're working, but I'm so envious! I was lucky enough to spend a week in NYC a few years ago and I've wanted to go back since (and have more than a week!)

Me too, @Deanner03, me too.

You've changed your life in a year, @goal06082021 That's amazing. and YAY for hubby being home!

@jazzadesigns HURRAY!! Congrats on the loss!

@jaded989 yay for scale movement!

@lmgoff232 that is a good thing to figure out!

@JNettie73 What @goal06082021 said! you're doing great, and it's GOING to work. You are due for a whoosh!

Nice progress, @swimmom_1 !

I keep hearing about that, @danikat15 I'm going to have to give it a try. (Maybe it'll give me the kick in the butt I need to step up my efforts a bit!)

@sarah12277 aw, poor pup. I'm glad she 's taking it well.

@seltzer_lover NICE! I want a whoosh like that! I hope your back starts behaving itself.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Nicoles0305 ! ONEderland!!!!

@justanotherloser007 the Oompa Loompas is cracking me up, but SO ACCURATE! I'm in a gain/lose pattern with the same pound right now. UUUUUGH

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 245
    CW: 197.4
    GW for Nov: 192, I would like lower but this is a good number to strive for. Met 11-16-2021 updating to 188 for November.
    UGW: 145 is my BMI healthy weight, but I think 165 is more realistic.
    My weigh in day's are Tuesday's
    11/2: 196.8
    11/9: 195.2
    11/16: 192
    11/23:
    11/30:

I changed my title from JeepKat1 to FushiaKat. I had a really good week. I did get a shot in my right knee it feels so much better and my doctor changed my Rheumatoid Arthritis medication to one that is on the approved list for 2022, but we started me on it right away. The prior authorization was approved in a day miracle of miracles. I have planned out Thanksgiving dinner so I can stay under my calorie budge but still enjoy the Fresh Green Beans with Bacon which is my favorite part of the meal. I'm skipping all pies and sugary foods. I met my November goal, I guess I should change it. 188 would be asking too much but I will strive for that.

If you change your mindset, you have the ability to change your whole world. (Damien Thomas) I'm changing my mindset because I'll be dammed if I'm losing this weight again!
  • kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 246.9 (07/13/2021)
    CW: 219.9 (11/01/2021)
    GW for November: 213.0
    GW for 2021: 208.5
    UGW: 172 by June 2022
    11/1: 219.9
    11/8: 218.1
    11/15: 217.3 (-0.8)
    11/22:
    11/29:

Definitely feel myself slowing down. I caught a cold this week, and that basically slowed all activity to a stop. Decided to not track on Saturday and Sunday to give myself a mental break and rely on habits instead. But hey! Despite not tracking the best and not working out as much, I still lost weight this week. I consider that a win!

(Of course, the scale this morning said I gained 2 pounds overnight, but that can't be accurate, so I'm not worried. lol).

The pup is recovering well. She only has another week with the cone.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Plateau's and whooshes!! Wow, it is definitely a month in the life of weight loss!! One month I lost 1.5 lbs and I had no grazing or outside eating exercised diligently.. The day after the month ended (of course).. The whoosh made it like a monthly 7 lb loss. It is totally freaky, ladies, when you plateau or gain and have been in a careful calorie deficit and exercising. I am calling this phenomenon the weight oompa loompas!! You got to give them time to sing their song, and dance around, and do whatever it is they are doing, before the scale can record the actual loss. FACT!! Okay, I may have just invented weight oompa loompas - but it is as good an explanation as any.

I can hear them singing now! It's good to keep them in mind when you weight acts strangely. Little orange men, tooting around your body and singing songs. hahahahahahahahaha
  • justanotherloser007
    Options
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277
    November goal - lose 3 lbs
    11/1 184
    11/8 182
    11/19 179.6 - hit goal!!
    11/22
    11/29

I have been soo hungry the past few days, with no changes that I can tell in my diet! Bah!! So brutal. I am about to see if one can drink 2 gallons of water, because seriously this is tough!! Use true grit, dig deep and pray for the virtue of mortification! x3

My non-scale goals:

🦃 Walk 3 miles every single day (up from 2 miles last month!!)
    🦃 Concentrate on food as nutrition or as medicine
    🦃 Clean out kitchen/garage, I don't even care which at this point - things need to get sorted!!
    🦃 Be patient! and remember that increments are where it is at - every little bit really does count
    🦃 Be grateful and give thanks every single day, more than once a day!
    🦃 Remember: Total loss of 97.4 lbs!! (next month could be the 100 lbs gone)49.6 lbs till goal weight of 130 lbs!! If I stay on track by Christmas 2022, I would be goal weight!
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    I'm changing my mindset because I'll be **** if I'm losing this weight again!
    I am glad that the docs were able to give your knee some relief! Also I totally feel this statement! I seen many others that have lost significant weight, then gained it all back. This has been a challenging journey losing weight. I have been trying to come up with general future strategies so that this doesn't happen. Like, once I get to maintenance mode my plan is this: if I gain 10 lbs at any time, I will immediately go into losing weight mode. That way I am not behind the bullet of 140+ lbs overweight!! I also plan to be a maintenance thread junkie of sorts. I will be on those threads, because I have never lost weight before and I have no idea on my own how to keep it off forever. I know those ladies and gents have some hints and tricks! We can do this FushiaKat!!! Forever keeping it off!!
    @kenziestabes Hope you and the pup feel better (((hugs)))
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 That is such a relief when one isn't hungry all the time and obsessing about food!
    @Nicoles0305 CONGRATULATIONS!! Onederland, oh isn't it just grand?? Hard work pays off!! I don't know about you, but when I finally got there I never believed for one second that I could!! I was also in denial for a bit about it LOLs.