Getting the Post-Breakup Dream Body

Got broken up with yesterday, because they “never felt an intimate relationship connection with me.” AKA, I got friendzoned by my own partner. I’m not mad at them, and I know I can’t control their feelings. But now, I’m finding this lack of fear about achieving my dream bod. I was too afraid to start working out and changing my diet because I didn’t want my partner to think I was “too muscular” or “not feminine enough.” But even I know that there’s no such thing. My goal is to be ripped as hell, and still maintain my sweet, feminine personality (basically, leanbeefpatty meets Barbie). My current stats are 147 lbs, 5’2”, around 25% body fat, and a high protein diet (1700 cals). Any and all tips, from pros to amateurs like me, are welcome and appreciated!
TL;DR
Just got broken up with, no longer scared to get ripped. Any tips? (workouts, meals, inspirational quotes, etc.)

Replies

• mrlee3674
    mrlee3674 Posts: 11 Member
    Good for you!

My humble advice? Do a bulk first - add an extra 400 calories to your maintenance (1700?) every day - keep up the high protein - and lift weights as hard and as often as you can.

With perseverance you'll beef up. In a few months, move over to a cut to reveal your gains in all their glory 😁👍
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    I agree with @cupcakesandproteinshakes - bulking IMO is not the way to go here.

per The Renaissance Diet 2.0 (copied/pasted text italicized):
    Starting points for weight gain phases can also affect the proportion of muscle to fat gained. To
    some extent, the leaner you are when starting a muscle gain phase, the more favorable your
    P-Ratio will be, with optimal starting points lying somewhere between 10-20% for males and
    15-27% for females

On another thread I believe you estimated your bf to be 25-30%, so you're definitely at the tippy-top end of that favorable range (if not completely over it). Adding more fat (and yes, you will gain fat while you gain muscle; that is inevitable. Obviously there are ways of mitigating excessive fat gain, but all the same. Sad but true) will not be to your advantage at this point.

My vote would be to lean out some and shed some of the bodyfat you're already carrying. You've said you're training as a boxer, so keep that up (assuming you still want to, of course), but add in some strength training; find some programming that will accommodate your boxing training with minimal interference.