Becoming healthier with age.

Options
Hello Everyone, I am Marlo. I am a 52 year old female and weigh 202 lbs. I want to eat healthier and lose 25 lbs. I want to eat lower carbs but I also want to eat fruits. so I can not do the keto diet. I will therefore watch my calories instead. I know that I need to be around people for encouragement and role modeling. So here I am. Wish me luck everyone !
Tagged:

Replies

• cherchechristine
    cherchechristine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi-- i am 58, female. I weigh 186 and would love to get between 170-175...i have been in the mid 180's for years...but i know i would look a lot better if i dropped 15lbs. I am very active but i have issues when I drink too much and my confidence drops and inhibitions. i over eat. I also love to bake. So..I have chosen to cut it all out until i lose and can control the calories.
  • pdmmc1957
    pdmmc1957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 64 and recently moved from Phila to Chattanooga, not yet settled in. I do not want to be the overweight neighbor. I weigh in about 170 and want to achieve a lost of 25 pounds. I have tried before and it is never easy, I would love support to stay on track. I need to get in the right frame of mind and look at it as eating healthier and not just eating less. Wish everyone luck and hope to stay in contact.
  • marius_paps
    marius_paps Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    lilbabsi47 wrote: »
    Wish me luck everyone !

Hi, Mario, good luck :)
  • Xmingxue
    Xmingxue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am older too and starting to have knee pain. To reduce the pain, I want to loose even 5 pounds although I'd actually like to loose more. I was told that loosing just 5 pounds can make a difference. I'd love to buddy up with anyone who would like more support.