Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Tiny bugs noted in the new forums

Options

Just thought this could be a place for people to list small bugs noticed in the new forums. Not major issues, but little things.

For instance, in the iOS app, the “Notification Preferences” page is typed quite large and doesn’t fit on one screen, could be typed smaller so it isn’t necessary to slide over to the tick-boxes.

4 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Currently monitoring for newly reported bugs.

Replies

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,817 MFP Staff
    Options

Hello @Cheesy567 Thank you for reporting this bug issue with Notification Preferences. We can reproduce the issue and will file a bug ticket for it.

I've started a discussion for Outstanding Bugs and will make sure to add it the list.

@PAV8888 The Android blank page issue is a top priority bug for us and our team is working on it.

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

On group pages with many leaders, if the leaders name list could wrap or list down, rather than trailing out to the side, or maybe be a drop down menu if you don’t want it taking up a lot of space? Having it trail out to the side causes a lot of side-to-side motion when trying to scroll down through the discussion topics. This adds to the overall readability issues. See the Low Carber Daily Forum group for an example, but it’s happening on several other groups too. It’s happening the iOS app.

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,279 Member
    Options

In the text editor on Android if there are several lines of text and you select text a few lines down to bold or italicize, etc., the tool item sometimes appears above the selection, but then another tool item for cut, copy, paste quickly appears on top of it, preventing selection of those text formats. Occasionally the tool item for bold/italicize appears below the text, and then it is accessible. I could not determine what circumstances govern the above/below placement.

I have an older Android OS (6.x), and am using Chrome (since the MFP app is no longer supported on 6.x) so it may only be an issue on older phones.

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options

Not able to bookmark threads in groups. When clicking on the bookmark symbol, it returns with this error down at the bottom of the page:

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

Same here: Android 8.1 (Oreo) tablet, worked before the update and everything else is there, Community shows a "loading" spiral then settles on pure white blank.

• Betty
    Options
    Not able to bookmark threads in groups. When clicking on the bookmark symbol, it returns with this error down at the bottom of the page:

Yep, I can 100% reproduce this and have filed it as bug. I'll add it to the outstanding bug discussion as well.
  • Betty
    Options
    I2k4 wrote: »
    Same here: Android 8.1 (Oreo) tablet, worked before the update and everything else is there, Community shows a "loading" spiral then settles on pure white blank.

This is a known bug that our team is working on. In the meantime, Android users can still access the community from our website via a computer or mobile browser. You can go directly to community.myfitnesspal.com and login with your MyFitnessPal Username and password. We know its not ideal but you should then still be able to access the Community while we work to resolve the issue.
  • Betty
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    On group pages with many leaders, if the leaders name list could wrap or list down, rather than trailing out to the side, or maybe be a drop down menu if you don’t want it taking up a lot of space? Having it trail out to the side causes a lot of side-to-side motion when trying to scroll down through the discussion topics. This adds to the overall readability issues. See the Low Carber Daily Forum group for an example, but it’s happening on several other groups too. It’s happening the iOS app.

We will take a look at this and file an improvement ticket.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    I miss the fact that we would get alert notifications on our bookmarked threads separate from the all notifications. If you clicked on the bookmarked dropdown, you could see the last 5, sorted by most recent activity. In order to see the ones related to bookmarks, you need to open the bookmarks link and then look for the new ones.

Would also be nice if the unread threads were shaded a slightly different color than the read ones.

I do like that the notification bell shows more than 5, so that's a plus.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Notifications-- Community vs. Tracking/Friends section:
    I'm new to MFP, so this might not be a bug but rather something I don't understand.
    The notifications tab in community only shows activity in the community section. If somebody likes or comments on my tracking activity (calories, workout, etc), I ONLY see that in emails. And each time somebody likes something in my tracking activity, I get a separate email.
    Can we either combine the tracking/friend notifications with other notifications, or at least set those emails to daily digest? My inbox is being flooded.
    Thank you.

P.S. Thank you for the viewable emoji menu. I'm not as tech-savvy as others and didn't know how to find those cute pictures using my desktop.
  • Betty
    Options
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    Notifications-- Community vs. Tracking/Friends section:
    I'm new to MFP, so this might not be a bug but rather something I don't understand.
    The notifications tab in community only shows activity in the community section. If somebody likes or comments on my tracking activity (calories, workout, etc), I ONLY see that in emails. And each time somebody likes something in my tracking activity, I get a separate email.
    Can we either combine the tracking/friend notifications with other notifications, or at least set those emails to daily digest? My inbox is being flooded.
    Thank you.

Hello! Thank you for reaching out. This is not a bug but definitely something that could use future improvement. The MyFitnessPal community is hosted by a third party forum provider so in some ways it is separate from the rest of the app/website. One thing we would love to better integrate between the two is notifications. While I don't have solution or ETA, this is on our radar.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @Betty @Betty Thank you!
    Additional suggestion on integration: combine notifications when people comment on a post, like "Suzy, Jo, and 3 more commented on x----"

• Betty
    Options
    Another update for y'all... Community within the Android app should now be working.

If you are still running into any issues with the Android app please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    How are we supposed to add new friends now? I click on a user's profile and it gives me no option to send a friend request.
  • Betty
    Options
    How are we supposed to add new friends now? I click on a user's profile and it gives me no option to send a friend request.

Hi @boilerdawg2009 This is an outstanding thing we are working on.
    When you click on another users image next to their post it will open the user card much like it used to. This element is still a work in process. We have made some changes like adding clickable links for Discussions and Comments so you can easily find more content from that user. However, currently the View Profile link in the user card links back to the user's forum profile vs. their main MyFitnessPal profile like it used to. We are still working on this feature and hope to find a better solution to direct users to the MyFitnessPal profile page so users can easily add each other as friends and send each other messages. Please stay tuned for future updates. **Please note in the meantime, Web users can look up another user by using the Find Members link to search a username. App users can Navigate to the More menu in the App, then Friends or Messages, and then click the "+" icon to start a new friend request or private message using another user's username.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Betty wrote: »

Hi @boilerdawg2009 This is an outstanding thing we are working on.
    When you click on another users image next to their post it will open the user card much like it used to. This element is still a work in process. We have made some changes like adding clickable links for Discussions and Comments so you can easily find more content from that user. However, currently the View Profile link in the user card links back to the user's forum profile vs. their main MyFitnessPal profile like it used to. We are still working on this feature and hope to find a better solution to direct users to the MyFitnessPal profile page so users can easily add each other as friends and send each other messages. Please stay tuned for future updates. **Please note in the meantime, Web users can look up another user by using the Find Members link to search a username. App users can Navigate to the More menu in the App, then Friends or Messages, and then click the "+" icon to start a new friend request or private message using another user's username.

Yeah, I would call this more than a tiny bug.

We can't view a person's profile page without multiple clicks and copy/pasting.

When a user is struggling we often ask to view their food diary so we can help. Right now there's just no easy way to access that page...
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Fairly new and not feature-fussy, the redesign is fine without being all that much better or worse, except that it is very noticeably more sluggish to navigate pages via links to and within the topic sections. Especially slow on Android, but even on Windows (both have fast internet connection) where the old was pretty much like the rest of the app or website, but this is much slower than the rest of MFP (or any normal forum).