Mental Health

2»

Replies

• jaguy16
    jaguy16 Posts: 3 Member
    @hotelsma, I am sorry for the huge lose you had had to deal with in your life.. I can't even imagine.

I have never been diagnosed with any mental health issues, however I am going to be seeing a therapist regarding the new anxiety I have acquired this year. Most of it has to do with the terrible year I have had. My daughter started having migraines associated with stressor at school, I had a miscarriage, and my Dad was diagnosed and then died one month later from Small cell lung cancer and on top of that everything that could break did.

I am the type to just power through things, and I just couldn't any more. I became sad and angry all the time, and any anxiety would cause me to feel physically sick. I have decided to see someone to help me through this. And it's part of the reason I want to lose the weight and exercise again.

I never felt as happy as I did when I lost weight and was exercising daily. It was like someone was giving me happy caffeine pills...with no side effects!

I know it's not the total answer to my problems, but any step forward for me right now is better than none.

• Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Hi everyone,
    So glad we have a place to talk openly and know we're not alone in our mental struggles. They can be a huge factor in our overall health and fitness journey.

I personally have Persistent Depressive Disorder, Dysthymia, or simply chronic depression. I've struggled with this, as well as PCOS, and my weight, since about the age of 13 or 14.

I know eating right, sleeping well, and regular exercise can help with the severity of depression, but honestly, some days are a huge struggle to even find the energy to get out of bed. My motivation has been severely lacking since last month. The holidays always seem to be the hardest - maybe because of a dysfunctional family situation.

I would love to have more friends who understand the struggles, so feel free to reach out to me and add me. I know with a little extra patience and support, we can tackle our goals :)