Confess.

Options
124»

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I like this thread because it DOES help me and others to know that we are not alone-- and most of all- that by using mfp- a little wisdom and common sense and more knowledge-- we have MADE progress!!!
    I usually to eat fairly well- have been one of those women who were always "on a diet"-- but I would also always binge eat or sneak eat as I would call it(when look I live alone- who am I sneaking from?) anyway- I would eat snack/ sneak eat whole bags of chips, or cookies or ice cream etc.---- then get so mad at myself- because I had said I would not do it....

Now I eat in line with my calories-mfp- I have lost over 20 pounds and have kept them off- I am within less than 10 pounds of my goal weight- I make better choices now- I prepare- like for Thanksgiving- I know I will eat (within reason) some of my favorites then- so I am eating properly now- still doing my walking- trying to keep stress down etc.

I am loving MFP-- for all the ideas, encouragement and support.
    PS- If someone knows they may get triggered-- please just leave this thread---and no hard feeling
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My typical day before...
    Breakfast- coffee with 1/2 tablespoon sugar and French vanilla creamer. About once every 2 weeks I got a biscuit, fries, and cinnamon biscuit from bojangles.

Lunch - sandwich and chips or bowl of knorr pasta sides.... if I ate at all.

Dinner - fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn.

After dinner 2-3 times per week - 6 shots vodka/cranberry or rum/coke and a couple beers.

I feel like my worst habit is only eating once or twice a day. I now eat 3 meals and 3 snacks but I feel I'm concentrating on when I'll eat again now.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    So, out of idle curiosity, and because a family member asked, I logged a fairly typical day for “old” me.

Brace yourself. This is one of those things you can’t un-see.

swendoquyyii.jpeg
    15grr491xvhk.jpeg
    x4fl459maq66.jpeg
    jp2oe8spdjai.jpeg
    bpwqx62vdci2.jpeg

I feel like I’ve forgotten some things. There should probably be a BOGO pair of Geneva cookies or Keebler Grasshoppers in there, tomorrow.

I don’t know whether to be ashamed, or grateful I didn’t just keel over in a very literal food coma, because there were many many days that would have been far worse than this.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Ah. I forgot the family sized bag of Salt & Vinegar chips (or Doritos, or Smart Pop White Cheddar- depending on mood.)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Ah. I forgot the family sized bag of Salt & Vinegar chips (or Doritos, or Smart Pop White Cheddar- depending on mood.)

The calories in fast foods/restaurants are just out of this world! I'm almost thinking I too could easily do 5000++ calories too if I ate 'fast food' (or just frequenting restaurants).

You must have lost a great deal of weight! You sure look great now. I think you've commented on your journey 'somewhere' in the community. Can you direct me to the page? I'd love to hear how you changed your eating/weight/health!

Amazing for sure!
  • springlering62
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

The calories in fast foods/restaurants are just out of this world! I'm almost thinking I too could easily do 5000++ calories too if I ate 'fast food' (or just frequenting restaurants).

You must have lost a great deal of weight! You sure look great now. I think you've commented on your journey 'somewhere' in the community. Can you direct me to the page? I'd love to hear how you changed your eating/weight/health!

Amazing for sure!

Thank you for the kind words! I ultimately lost 96, but intentionally put six back on because, frankly, I was scary. I know now that “what I weighed back then” looks totally different on your body now, and it’s not always a good thing to set your goal to go to the wayback machine.

This is my “success story”, scattered with annual update posts since then:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10763291/my-turn-to-overshare-my-adventure/p1

But this the thread I try to share tips, since my wonderful husband joined me on MFP:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10841733/at-goal-successfully-maintaining-so-why-am-i-doing-this-all-over-again/p1

He’s lost over 25 pounds and a clothing size since he started in August. It’s been a second journey trying to shepherd him along, and he’s been so gracious about it, since patience is not my strong point, lol.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 - wowza...amazing journey for sure! Those before and after pics are absolutely amazing! Hubby is looking great too!
    Thanks for linking me to your post(s).