Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,414 Member
    Doesn’t that sound much better than the atmospheric river happening in my area? Perhaps I’ll buy flippers this year? 😂
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Didn't I walk away earlier for more coffee because I was confused? 🤣 Don't I appreciate you clearing that up for me?

Isn't that gr347 to hear!? Er, I mean great!?
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Doesn’t that sound much better than the atmospheric river happening in my area? Perhaps I’ll buy flippers this year? 😂

Although I certainly did enjoy today, wouldn't it be nice if California could get some atmospheric river for a while? Not so much as to cause flooding, but enough to fill the reservoirs?

(Wasn't I wondering, since you have beaches surrounding you, if perhaps you didn't grow some flippers? 🤔😂
  • Cat0703a
    Wasn’t I thinking how I might be able to send this water your way? 🤔
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,644 Member
    Aren't I also wondering how I might be able to send you the inch or so of snow we got today? Would you be interested in that?
  • Cat0703a
    Wouldn’t I love to see some snow this year?
  • frankwbrown
    edited November 2021
    Can't I remember only one occasion when we had snow here, when I was in middle school? Despite there being hardly any snow, didn't they close school early and send all the kids home?
    Wouldn't I have to drive up into the Sierras to find some snow here? ❄❄❄
  • Cat0703a
    Only once? Despite living in Canada, do you know it rarely snows here either? Don’t I still talk of the blizzard from ‘96 when our city got many feet of snow and only one sad little plow to take care of the entire town? Wasn’t I a shocked teen who saw fist fights over bread and milk?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Don't I remember years ago getting 18" of snow in less than 18 hours? Weren't planes stranded on runways for hours with hungry passengers and overflowing bathrooms? Didn't I have a client tell me, "We got you a hotel room; you're not going home because we don't think you'll make it back tomorrow."?
  • frankwbrown
    Might it have snowed here a time or two during my years living elsewhere?
    Didn't I have plans ~10 years ago to move up into the Sierras where there would have been days of being snowed in, but the plans fell through?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Do you know I remember vividly a conversation I had as a kid with my father regarding snow in Incline Village, Nevada, along the northern edge of Lake Tahoe? Didn't it go almost verbatim like this?

"Dad, I thought you were going to work...why are you back home?"
    "I can't find my car...do you know where it is?"
    "Did somebody steal it?"
    "No, I just can't find it...can you help?"
    "Did you forget where you parked (in our apartment parking lot)?"
    "No, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere over there...can you see it?"

And do you know, when I looked out the window, I couldn't see a parking lot of cars, but only a bunch of rolling hills where cars had been buried overnight with more than two feet of snow? Do you realize how high that hill of snow became at the end of the parking lot where the snow plows eventually shoved it all? Have you ever played King of the Mountain on a hill of snow literally 25 feet high?
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Shouldn't she receive the "Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?" award for that post!?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Do you mean 'shouldn't he?'
  • frankwbrown
    Got your latte yet?
  • cmsienk
    Wouldn't that be nice? Aren't I just now making coffee with heavy cream?
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2021
    Did anyone else leave their hummingbird feeder out much too late? 🤦‍♀️
    qokc2v733ahx.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    Shall I document this? The first time I've had coffee before you have? 🤣

Would you like a ristretto latte w/ heavy cream? ☕
  • cmsienk
    Shall I document this? The first time I've had coffee before you have? 🤣

Would you like a ristretto latte w/ heavy cream? ☕

Aren't you nice? Wasn't I trying to delay calories a little since I gained a pound and a half this week?
  • frankwbrown
    Can't we expect a little weight gain over the holidays? Then in the following weeks, we have to work it off, to get ready for the next holiday? 😂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Aren't the proactive among us losing the weight BEFORE the holidays, so the holiday "gain" merely puts us back where we were?