Options
2»

Replies

• ovalver1
    ovalver1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My last question

What does this message mean

meal and exercise log was completed on 11/21/2021 and did not meet its target of
    calories

If eat 1500 calories to close the diary and I dint pass over my objective so I stayed below 1700 calories why I got that message ?!

It’s for the nutrients ?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    In English the standard message is "x's food and exercise diary was completed for xx/xx/2021 and was under X's calorie goal". It just means that you stayed below the calorie goal number given to you by MFP. It's just comparing the number of calories, nothing to do with nutrients and it's not saying you did anything wrong.
  • ovalver1
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    In English the standard message is "x's food and exercise diary was completed for xx/xx/2021 and was under X's calorie goal". It just means that you stayed below the calorie goal number given to you by MFP. It's just comparing the number of calories, nothing to do with nutrients and it's not saying you did anything wrong.

So if my objective is 1710 calories but I ate 1500 I revive a message that I dint reach my objective ?

Or I can just eat more than 1710 calories a day ?

That’s the part that I don’t understand

GOAL

FOOD
    -
    EXERCISE
    =
    Net

I normally try to keep tue remaining on green but I always get that message after I close my diary

16hge1g4ddn6.jpeg
    e61vmia71z3t.jpeg

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    You will get that message when your calories consumed are lower than your calorie goal. It doesn't say you didn't reach your objective, it says you stayed below your calorie goal. Which, for weight loss, is generally a good thing.

But it's NOT a good thing when you're staying so far below it. 600 net calories is much much too little. Your net calories should be close to your calorie goal of 1710. And your 'restantes' should be as close to 0 as possible.
  • ovalver1
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You will get that message when your calories consumed are lower than your calorie goal. It doesn't say you didn't reach your objective, it says you stayed below your calorie goal. Which, for weight loss, is generally a good thing.

But it's NOT a good thing when you're staying so far below it. 600 net calories is much much too little. Your net calories should be close to your calorie goal of 1710. And your 'restantes' should be as close to 0 as possible.

Sorry but still don’t get it 🥺
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The number in green "restantes" should be as close to 0 as possible.

You are under-eating.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lietchi. I understand that the multi-language situation is making things difficult.

Please don't let yourself believe that the less you eat, the better. Undereating, leading to very fast loss, is *not* a good thing.

You want netas to be close to objectivo (say +/- 50 to 100, maybe?) almost all days. You want restantes to be close to zero (again, maybe +/- 50 to 100). That's simple.

After 4-6 weeks, you can adjust the goal (objectivo) if necessary, based on your average results.
  • ovalver1
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I agree with Lietchi. I understand that the multi-language situation is making things difficult.

Please don't let yourself believe that the less you eat, the better. Undereating, leading to very fast loss, is *not* a good thing.

You want netas to be close to objectivo (say +/- 50 to 100, maybe?) almost all days. You want restantes to be close to zero (again, maybe +/- 50 to 100). That's simple.

After 4-6 weeks, you can adjust the goal (objectivo) if necessary, based on your average results.

Thank you both I’m trying my best but it’s sometimes hard. !
  • karenwheeler8
    karenwheeler8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand the calories thing