JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Pack bag. AM meds. Choose +2 tasks.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Think Pink!
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Update on-time work. Emails for late work. Update section 5.
    4. Pit Crew: Show video. Update class site.
    5. Online Facilitation: Send check-in emails. Calls in lib?
    6. English Class: Starter - Review self-eval. Memoir work. Make-up work. ROL from Fighting Words. GR update. Draft proposal.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. Check in w/L. MEETING AFTER SCHOOL. PRINT PROPOSAL.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Podcast. Zoom meeting.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library? Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 12/29. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 12/2. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch. 12/11 Tweetchat abt HW; need 6 questions.

Scale progress
    • End of 2017: 174.6
    • End of 2018: 189.2
    • End of 2019: 196.4
    • End of 2020: 187.4
    • End of January: 189.8
    • End of February: 190.0
    • End of March: 190.4
    • End of April: 188.7
    • End of May: 191.2
    • End of June: 191.4
    • End of July: 190.2
    • Today: 198.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM 12/29

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor. How to remove cement.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

11. Family: Book group. Dinners?

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. I really hope things start getting better.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Back in the day when I had a personal trainer he put me on a very specific eating plan. I think it was no carbs, no dairy and in the first 2 weeks not even some fruits like berries due to their sugar content (despite it being natural sugar) anyway, I gave up the carbs, didn't eat the fruit for 2 weeks (then you can introduce small amounts for your 5 a day) and even cut out most the dairy, so no milk in my cups of tea (switched to fruit/green/mint teas) I stopped drinking coffee because I couldn't hack black coffee (blugh).

So I was enjoying my vegetable/salad and high protein meat diet. And it did work I must say.
    But my PT always caught me eating cheese. It was the one dairy thing I could not give up lol. When eating in the gym on my breaks hed come over saying "great salad that looks really nice!!...wait what's that?" .... Cheeeeese.

He was real nice though! And really pushed you hard to get the results I wanted. Even reducing me to tears in the gym and then I started shouting at him lol. It was a love/hate thing haha
    And I stopped being late for sessions when he made me do Burpees for the amount of minutes I was late !

Wish I could go back to that sometimes, he really kept my motivation up and never let me give up despite how much I moaned. He said his aim was always jelly legs lol, but he was also really good at recovery and stuff to not over do my muscles

But yeah
    Cheese.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,616 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

JFT for 12/1 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added.
    2) Can have peanut butter today
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 12/2
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok
    7) Dried apricots ok today. (up to 1 serving)
    8) None of DH's treats today.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.
    modification 11) I can have an early lunch due to a long lunch meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't have my coffee stuff until after 8 am.

• dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Whoever reads this, today is YOUR day to make it happen! I'm proud of you for trying!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    @MrsHermit I live in the Dairy State, and we love our cheese and milk! I will never give up cheese or milk, just eat in moderation.

Recap 12/1 W
    1) My version of circuit training before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 8.9K & 14/14 boom!
    3) Meeting w/ former colleagues for lunch ~ can't wait! Mindful eating at Mexican restaurant & log best guess / net calories zero / 14c water :) Great time at lunch! Ate ok: shrimp/cod burrito w/ veggie side, only a few tortilla chips & salsa, and no adult beverage (still had to go back to work LOL). Est. net cals -133 for day. 12c water.
    4) Continue ROP-BJ F&Ds / compliance rate sheet = 2/2
    5) Laundry / mending YAY did more than I thought, still forgot some / prep international Xmas card / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / make transfer / schedule oil change & tire rotation / Advent service video? / other ta-da? several TA-DAs = 6/9
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:00 5:40 alarm (treadmill before work) = 3/6

JFT 12/2 R
    1) Walked dog 3.83 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    3) Food prelogged ~ need more protein, fortunately I have wiggle room / net cals zero / 14c water
    4) More ROP-BJ F&Ds / keep updating compliance rate sheet / 10:00 TransAmerica Medicare webinar / 12:00 Facebook Live
    5) PREP international Xmas card / bird seed order / Post Office on way home / 6:30 choir rehearsal YAY / at least one ta-da
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40? alarm (walk dog if weather cooperates before work)

Mild overnight temps (for Dec.) in mid 40s have melted snow and *most* of ice on area roads. Took advantage and walked doggo before work while I still have the chance. Intersections and spots where cars compacted wet snow into solid ice that has not melted are dicey. Slipped here and there but not bad... forcing myself to take such sections slow. Happy dog and happy me.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was just...awful. Here's hoping today is better

JFT
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Shower
    - Log everything
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Janele0627 wrote: »
    Yesterday was just...awful. Here's hoping today is better

JFT
    - 64 oz of water
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - Shower
    - Log everything

It happens! Best to accept it for what it is, a truly awful day, but doesn't mean today has to be the same!
    Keep it up! You're doing great :)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Finished early lunch, now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more ground chicken or honey today. I can still have my metamusal dose.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch Thank you! yes I know cheese isn't evil but was surprised as to how much it "cost" calorie-wise. I actually tried something similar to what you suggested, reduced the provolone and increased the romano. Just flavor and a little topping, not too much. I experimented with another way to grate the provolone (had trouble getting it thinner in the past) and that seemed to help a lot. Pizzadilla - funny! DH loves his quesadillas and bruschetta (like a pizzadilla but on bread with just a slice of tomato).

@Bex953172 cheeeese hahaha My DH cannot live without his quesadilla. He was really missing the pizza (eating out is expensive for us) so I made some and was very happy with the results this time. I grew up with bad nutrition habits (not my fault, weird childhood) and avoided oily protein spicy foods in the morning (soooo....dairy or toast). I'm slowly learning how to choose different things for smaller meals (and less dairy). I liked your story. You can be your own personal trainer, make goals and consequences, and give yourself some encouragement!

@dblirondog Thanks for the nice message. Needed that.

@cschmitz110515 Yeah it's a learning process of cutting down on dairy and baked goods. I won't give it up entirely though. :smile: Stay safe walking!

@Janele0627 (((hugs)))

Having a stinky day too, waterworks, everything. I will be relieved when it's January. Bad news and bad things tend to happen to me in December.

I'm taking today to just rethink my habits and routines, especially since I should focus on downsizing for moving. I did notice how "free" I felt yesterday to have mostly fasted (under 500 calories) until dinner, because I could have both dinner and something else and no last minute exercise. I will try that again.

under 500 calories until dinner
    tea and water, more!
    log everything
    green calories
    read Scripture at least 3xs today, breathe, get through this together with G and DH
    do the chores
    crafts after dinner
    rethink habits; drastically reduce entire list and focus on moving
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Pack bag. AM meds.
    2. Morning: Check email. Send greetings. Think Pink!
    3. Test Prep Class: Check in to BB. Update late work. Emails for late work. Update section 5.
    4. Pit Crew: Check in with Ss. Update class site.
    5. Online Facilitation: Send check-in emails. Finish lesson plans.
    6. English Class: Starter - Update page #s. Memoir work. Make-up work. ROL from Fighting Words.
    7. Planning: Lesson journaling - what worked? what didn't? what next? 25 crunches, leg lifts, squats. Writing/Stretching. Check in w/L.
    8. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT. Livestream.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Read: 1 hr while playing sleepy music.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Saturday volunteering at library? Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 12/29. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Dems mtg 12/2. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch. 12/11 Tweetchat abt HW; need 6 questions.

Scale progress
    • End of 2017: 174.6
    • End of 2018: 189.2
    • End of 2019: 196.4
    • End of 2020: 187.4
    • End of January: 189.8
    • End of February: 190.0
    • End of March: 190.4
    • End of April: 188.7
    • End of May: 191.2
    • End of June: 191.4
    • End of July: 190.2
    • Today: 198.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall), Caste (Isabel Wilkerson).

2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.

3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.

4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).

5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.

6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM 12/29

7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7pm.

8. House: Siding. Ask about bathroom floor. How to remove cement.

9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.

10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.

13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.

14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons; need directions for MLA format.

15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format? Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement.

WFTY: Persistence. Today was hard.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 12/2 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) Can have peanut butter today✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 12/2✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok✔️
    7) Dried apricots ok today. (up to 1 serving)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.✔️
    modification 11) I can have an early lunch due to a long lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 12/3 (tomorrow): ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 12/2)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 12/6
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, some of nut gift ok
    7) No dried apricots today. (up to 1 serving) (last 12/2)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    I am trying to come up and breathe .. LOL!!! I am in a sewing frenzy. I finished up 6 fleece blankets for the grandkids, a queen size quilt for my daughter, and a holiday/christmas/hannukah quilt for my son and DIL.
    And then what do I do .. .but decide to get out my embroidery machine, and now I am working on towels. I finished up 3 sets of towels today. Now, the plan is to make 5 composition notebook covers. I bought some minecraft fabric for the 13 year old who loves minecraft, KC Chiefs fabric for the 15 year old who is a fan of them, and just fabric with footballs on for the 16 yr old. And pretty fabric for the 2 granddaughters and our daughter. What am I thinking!!

But, all this sewing has kept me from eating too much junk food. In fact hubby and I have been having sandwiches, easy type dinner .. stir frys, tonite was just a tuna fish sandwich.

So my goals are just very simple ... to try and log my food, concentrate on water, and veggies, protein, and fruits.

I am so very sorry not reading and responding to all you guys... hopefully soon I'll come up to breathe!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Recap 12/2 R
    1) Walked dog 3.83 mi before work :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :smiley: 17.6K & 14/14 boom!
    3) Food prelogged ~ need more protein, fortunately I have wiggle room / net cals zero / 14c water :) green 19 but sodium v high, protein, fiber & sugar good, 12c
    4) More ROP-BJ F&Ds / keep updating compliance rate sheet / 10:00 TransAmerica Medicare webinar / 12:00 Facebook Live = 4/4
    5) PREP international Xmas card / bird seed order / Post Office on way home / 6:30 choir rehearsal YAY / at least one ta-da ~ TA-DA :smiley: 5/5
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 5:40? alarm (walk dog if weather cooperates before work) = 5/6

JFT 12/3 F
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Complete H & I in ROP-BJ F&Ds... so far at pg 38 of 133 gah! / update Project Status s/s / submit PRO, KRO, PAR & fieldwork s/s / submit webinar form & CPE cert / submit leave request forms for holidays / catch up some email backlog
    4) Whatever ta-da gets done today is bonus
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / no alarm Sat.

Wintry mix started to fall as my alarm went off. My knee was really aching & I was worried if roads would be getting slippery. Tbh, I just didn't want to get up early and walk outside in pre-sunrise dark this morning. So I used weather as my excuse to reset the alarm & take a rest day. When I looked out the window in the start of daylight, I realized not so bad and dog & I could've easily walked. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21 ~ 4.3.21 ~ 4.30.21 not pretty ~ skipped 5.31.21 & 6.30.21 ~ 7.31.21 accountable ~ 9.1.21 horrible after vacation but recorded ~ 9.30.21 small improvements yay ~ 10.31.21 ~ 11.30.21 slightly better
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21 = 146 out of 339 in 34:00:42 / Hope 2021 Face Mask virtual 5K (benefits No Kid Hungry) anytime 5.11.21 in 58:04 / 100 Miles in May virtual challenge ~ 134.68 miles would've been more if I hadn't sluffed off on dog walks one week / Bellin (virtual) 10K on 6.19.21 after thunderstorm in 1:45:49 ave. pace 17:02 per mile / Titletown Wellness Shoreline Challenge: virtual distance from Gills Rock to Pleasant Prairie (228 miles) as many times as possible 6.12.21 - 11.26.21 YAY finished with 460.08 = 2X medal / Packers 5K IN PERSON 7.24.21 48:36 ave. pace 15:39 / Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K IN PERSON 10.2.21 47:34 ave. pace 15:19 second half pace 14:48 / Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K 10.9.21 in person 52:10 ave. pace 16:48 hill climb 1:44
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up

Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday - Wow I can't believe it's Thursday already. I've been crazy busy at work and things are just flying by.

- Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Work stuff - mostly report writing :smiley:
    - Maybe take half a day at work :(
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Stop by mom's and go over finances with her :(
    - Get dolled up for date night :(
    - Date night trivia is Star Wars :smiley:
    - Limit to 3 light beers, half a hamburger and NO garlic cheese curds (deep fried cheesy goodness) :(
    - Log food :(
    - Stay green :( Doubtful
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a terrific Thursday y'all!

I was a mess yesterday. I was really "up" with my mood, but my concentration of totally missing. Of course I had many high profile tasks come up that I really struggled with yesterday because I was scattered. I was a wreck by noon, near tears, shaking, etc. but I managed to come out on top at work and find resolution for the issues that I was struggling with. Hubby reminded me that I had missed a few days of my meds and that could be why I was not on an even keel yesterday.

Had a great evening with hubby, but drank more than I had planned. I did however go with a Hawaiian Bourbon chicken breast instead of a burger, so that was a little better. This place has the best mashed potatoes. Anyway, it was fun.

Today I need to go to mom's after work. I really don't want to... but I will. Then this evening hubby and I are going to see Elf the musical at the local theater. Looking forward to this. The local theater group usually does a great job. Knowing us we will probably go to dinner before or after. I need to leave work early if I'm going to get to mom's and get ready to go out. Currently I'm in a hoody and ball cap, and I always dress for the theater. Just kind of a fun thing to put on a dress and heels.

JFT Goals
    - Work by 8:00 :( but close
    - Work on customer complaints
    - Update FMEA
    - Work half a day
    - Shower & get dolled up
    - Dinner & a show
    - Log food & drinks
    - Stay Green
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Friday y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 12/3 (tomorrow): ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, some of nut gift ok

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Just finished lunch. Now I won't eat again until after 5 pm. No more of nut gift or cheese today. I can still take my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 12/3 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. ✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 12/2)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 12/6✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/1)✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp).✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, some of nut gift ok✔️
    7) No dried apricots today. (up to 1 serving) (last 12/2)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today.✔️

Hour commitment - after I finish my sans sucre dessert, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 12/4 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. Can eat what I want at dinner tonight.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/2)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last 12/2)
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Check Hogwarts. Resume.
    3. Reading: Tweetchats. Prep questions about homework.
    4. Writing: Round Robin. Clois. 1 hr. Stretch.
    5. Afternoon: Put laundry away. 2022 Wishlist.
    6. Evening: Respond to Twitter & FB groups. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    7. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr (NFH) while playing sleepy music.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Fri livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 11/22. Conf 12/10. Lunch w/mom 12/11. Tweetchat 12/18. Local gov panel 12/16 1st lunch.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    End of March: 190.4
    End of April: 188.7
    End of May: 191.2
    End of June: 191.4
    End of July: 190.2
    Today: 195.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG schedule for 2022 after 9/28. PCP 9:45 AM Dec 22. Therapy 9 AM Mon 11/22 and 12/29
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 12/4 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 11/28), unless I want sugar free or no sugar added. Can eat what I want at dinner tonight.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/2)
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last 12/2)
    11) Can eat what I want at dinner with friends tonight. (supersedes anything above)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - slight change of plan, going to attend a long lunch meeting, so I'll eat now.