Options

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Wanna know why I choose #1? Because ever since I saw a mythbuster episode a while back about how if you flush a toilet with the lid up, do germs and bacteria from the bowl go airborne and land all around the bathroom.

According to that episode, "n episode 12 of Mythbusters (see http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/episode/00to49/episode_08.html )they did a study of tooth brushes in the bathroom, about 50 toothbrushes hung at varying distances from the toilet. As a control, they put one toothbrush in a glass in the break room (about 50') from the bathroom, and covered it with a glass. Each toothbrush, they would wet with warm water each day for 2 weeks. At the end of it, they had the toothbrushes checked for a specific bacteria found in feces. *Every* one of the tooth brushes, including the controls in the break room, showed evidence of the bacteria."

Ever since that episode, every time I walk into a toilet and see someone's else nasty turd sitting in the bowl, the first thing that comes to my head, and mind you I envision this in my mind every single time, is this nasty person's turd spraying particles of fecal material into the air and landing on me. I envision millions and millions of fecal matter molecules spraying into the air. So, now I am paranoid about it. >_______> And yeah, it will happen when I flush my own sh%t but rather be sprayed with my own sh$t then a turd belonging to someone else >.> <.< And besides it's effing revolting to go into a stall with a turd floating in the bowl.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
  • CrimsonHellkite
    Options
    that could be a loaded question, what if there are no other open stalls? my first thought is move on to next stall...if there are non ill use my foot to flush(i always use my foot to flush in public restrooms), and if ya gotta go ya gotta go...flush it an use it...ill use wad of toilet paper and wipe down the toilet making sure not to touch any of it and using enough so it wont soak through the tp...worst case scenario, crap in the garbage can...
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I saw that show, and you are right. That is why I am super sensitive about smelling it. I assume I am smelling those particles that landed on the toothbrush.
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    3. If the matter has reached the urgency where I need to use a public restroom stall, chances are it's not going to wait to find a suitable alternative. If it's just a matter of flushing, and I don't have to deal with "dribbles" on the seat or floor, then it's all good. Skid marks on the seat, however, are a deal breaker. Just sayin'.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Wanna know why I choose #1? Because ever since I saw a mythbuster episode a while back about how if you flush a toilet with the lid up, do germs and bacteria from the bowl go airborne and land all around the bathroom.

According to that episode, "n episode 12 of Mythbusters (see http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/episode/00to49/episode_08.html )they did a study of tooth brushes in the bathroom, about 50 toothbrushes hung at varying distances from the toilet. As a control, they put one toothbrush in a glass in the break room (about 50') from the bathroom, and covered it with a glass. Each toothbrush, they would wet with warm water each day for 2 weeks. At the end of it, they had the toothbrushes checked for a specific bacteria found in feces. *Every* one of the tooth brushes, including the controls in the break room, showed evidence of the bacteria."

Ever since that episode, every time I walk into a toilet and see someone's else nasty turd sitting in the bowl, the first thing that comes to my head, and mind you I envision this in my mind every single time, is this nasty person's turd spraying particles of fecal material into the air and landing on me. I envision millions and millions of fecal matter molecules spraying into the air. So, now I am paranoid about it. >_______> And yeah, it will happen when I flush my own sh%t but rather be sprayed with my own sh$t then a turd belonging to someone else >.> <.< And besides it's effing revolting to go into a stall with a turd floating in the bowl.

Yeah, after is episode I was a "1" also, but then I got to thinking about the 50' control and figured that no matter what i did someones spray would end up on me anyway, so I became a "2." However, I started at a job that has automatic flushing and it never takes down the paper on the first flush, so out of frustration I've become a "3."
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    that could be a loaded question,

AAAAAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    3...I'm not scared of no stinkin' $%*%...

I'm a RN..and I have a very poor sense of smell..it's all relative.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1 :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    3 i will also clean up pee, if it is clog however, i will not use it.
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Any of the above depending on how full my bladder is and if there are any open stalls! :happy:
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    AAAAah cmon, flush and use. Now if it is going to invade my personal space, like I have to smell something that came out of another person, or clean the seat, I find another stall. I honestly cannot understand why people have to leave a mess in a public restroom. I mean really people.

Definitely this.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    if it's pee/toilet paper, i'll flush and use it.......if it's poo, i'll just find another stall
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    and for those that hover, please clean up your residual... I also foot flush.

Yet another reason to hover. Even if cleaned up you still know someone probably sprinkled and wiped it off with paper. Yuk! Hovering is the way to go but yes do please clean up after yourself.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

I'm a germaphobe, and pretty much hate public restrooms anyways.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    OMG, at work one time I opened the stall to find this huge log (really impressive, I'm not kidding) and no paper floating in the bowl. I chose option 1.

Maybe there was no toilet paper and they forgot to check. Or they were waiting nearby to watch your reaction haha
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I usually will do 3, flush and use, unless there's a lot of stuff in the toilet and there's lots of other available stalls, then I'll take option 1.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1. That's just gross.........and I don't usually sit on public toilets either. I hover lol.

me, too. lol