Was I rude?

Options
13»

Replies

• L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking pop entirely, so the other day when I went to the movies with a friend, he asked if I wanted anything and I said no thanks. He bought me a pop anyway. I just told him oh I'm so sorry I stopped drinking pop. He apologized for getting it for me and I apologized, so i wouldn't seem mean about it. We laughed and dropped it. I've known him since we were 6 though. I feel like if you keep saying yes to make someone else happy, you may not know when to draw the line. Gotta draw it somewhere, that's how I got in this mess.

"he" pretty much most guys wouldn't get upset and start throwing drinks around. yeah. I went there.

Yeah I didn't want to go there, I figured people would think that on their own lol
  • musicmint
    Options
    in the end she said "I'll dump it ....go get some water"...
    I don't think it was personal on her part I think she just forgot I drink nothing but water
  • musicmint
    Options
    I dont think it was personal on her part she just said "I'll dump it...go get some water.."
  • lormsbee
    Options
    I don't think you mwere rude! SHe was by dumping it!!
  • musicmint
    Options
    It wasn't anything personal on her part...she just said "I'll dump it...go get some water"
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You could have accepted it and said you're full and would enjoy it later, then chuck it.
  • musicmint
    Options
    I think people jump to conclusions so much. The world is not out to get us. In the end regardless of others decisions we are responsible for our own actions. There is a way to do this with tack and grace.

I would of accepted it and taken a sip, explained that I'm on a new lifestyle goal and that I wasn't blessed with the genetics to be able to drink this. Thank them for thinking of you and then either dump it or sit it there for awhile and talk and chat. Maybe it'd start up a conversation about the changes you are making, maybe the friend felt like someone was being ungrateful and etc.

Communication and respect is key in all parts. Before I'd jump to the conclusion of sabotage or anything along that lines, I'd talk to the person about it. I think you did this politely, if you are afraid they are hurt by this ask them and communicate!

LOL blessed with the gentics..lol exactly....but on the other hand people who have to work at things get the greater reward..
    She wasn't offended she bought me lunch too! I got to choose...;P
  • musicmint
    Options
    Why do you feel you weren't polite? I mean, if you didn't feel guilty you wouldn't be posting about it here.

Because she BOUGHT it when you invest in something...it's rude either way lol
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    1) How can you consider someone buying you a smoothie as rude? Obviously not everyone is in tune with your nutritional needs...in fact it's likely only you that is.
    2) I don't understand the logic of people acting like they are drinking it only to throw it away...to me, that's being a *kitten* and being dishonest. OK maybe if it's just you and that person around and no one else...then sure fake it...but if there are other people around that might enjoy it...well then pass up the offer while thanking them and see if someone else actually WANTS it.
    3) To the people acting like OMG it's a smoothie, who knows what's in it! This is McDonalds....they have a basic formula, this is put on their website in the nutrional information. You really aren't going to have to worry about any supplements you don't want...as they are too cheap for those ingredients :)

Thank you, that is all.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can always rely on one of these kinds of threads to really show up the crazy on here.

I think the best you can do is apologise for hurting her feelings. She will feel better and you can both move on.
  • musicmint
    Options
    1) How can you consider someone buying you a smoothie as rude? Obviously not everyone is in tune with your nutritional needs...in fact it's likely only you that is.
    2) I don't understand the logic of people acting like they are drinking it only to throw it away...to me, that's being a *kitten* and being dishonest. OK maybe if it's just you and that person around and no one else...then sure fake it...but if there are other people around that might enjoy it...well then pass up the offer while thanking them and see if someone else actually WANTS it.
    3) To the people acting like OMG it's a smoothie, who knows what's in it! This is McDonalds....they have a basic formula, this is put on their website in the nutrional information. You really aren't going to have to worry about any supplements you don't want...as they are too cheap for those ingredients :)

Thank you, that is all.

Your right...I was actually probably the rude one...she said she didnt want to be rude and bought me a smoothie....
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    no and oh well. what are you gonna do waste your calories for the day to make someone else happy? NO...i mean im sure you thanked her for being "thoughtful" and all but she'll get over it....just dont expect her to get you anything from now on (which could be just as awesome) remember, youre in this for YOU.

this! my calorie intake is determined by me alone - and never for a second do i worry about making someone else feel bad when it comes to my food CHOICE!
  • musicmint
    Options
    no and oh well. what are you gonna do waste your calories for the day to make someone else happy? NO...i mean im sure you thanked her for being "thoughtful" and all but she'll get over it....just dont expect her to get you anything from now on (which could be just as awesome) remember, youre in this for YOU.

this! my calorie intake is determined by me alone - and never for a second do i worry about making someone else feel bad when it comes to my food CHOICE!

are you a guy?.....this could be why LOL
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Agreed on the saying "I am trying to watch what I eat, but Ill make the exception today". Someone also said "One day of over calories isnt going to kill you and its not worth hurting a friends feelings"--agree on that one, too!

And REALLY on the sabotaging? Some people can be so dramatic. To the non-dieting person, a smoothie is good for you. They dont know all the details like some of us do. She was trying to be nice, Id bet on it.