Romance

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
So stemming from a previous conversation regarding flowers from SO's.....

I for one only want flowers if they are impressive. A dozen red roses has been done over and over and has very little thought behind it in my opinion.

Same goes for a romatic actions. Flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals all make me want to gag. Those things are so cliche' and require very little or NO thought on the man's behalf. Any man can do that. A man who knows me will know what I like and what will make me swoon.

For example: I love dim light and candelabras, so the candlelight works for me. My guy will also know my love for blues and smooth guitar tone, skip the bottle of wine and fancy food for a bottle of patron and let the fun begin :wink:

How do you define romance?

Replies

• Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I wish I had a personal experience with which to define this. Can't wait til I do =).
  • Random_Name
    Options
    Romance is what a guy does to get in a girl's pants. Or dress.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    ^ nice
  • MelMoly
    Options
    I think its talking, and showing that you really love and want someone :devil:
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    Romance to me is basically the little things that my Hubby does without a hint or asking for something. He just does it. For example, I have a beautiful crystal vase that we received as a wedding gift and i keep a bouquet of flowers in it. Well last weekend he went to the store for me because i was really busy with school and work and couldnt go and when he came home he brought me a boquet of mixed flowers for the vase and said "I got these for you because I know you like to have flowers in that vase and the old ones were dying and you havent had a chance to replace them!" Those are the times that I consider romantic!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I want to be wooed.

I say "buy me a teddy bear" because i'm the girl who never grew out of her love for stuffed animals. at one time, i had over 60. i was 19...

aside from chivalry, i want to know they were thinking about me when i'm out of sight. how they show it is up to them, but knowing they paid attention is really what makes the difference.

IMO - creativity counts.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I don't really care much for getting flowers. I just hate seeing them die & having to throw them away.

The last thing I that my fiance did that was romantic was bring me a carmello bar...haha...sounds kind of dumb I guess but I'm easily pleased & I just love knowing that he's thinking about me when he doesn't have to. I also love it when he gives me a hug & kisses me on the face out of no where. :smile:
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    (Some of) The Things I think are romantic:

-A guy buying me tiger lilies because they are my favorie flower
    -A guy running a hot bubble bath for me when I come home
    -A candlelight dinner for two prepared by my guy
    -Hand written love notes randomly left around the house
    -If a guy writes me a poem
    -When a guy expresses how much he cares about me while looking directly into my eyes *sigh*
    -If a guy tells me he wants to grow old with me
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    once I was having a bad day.
    I was sitting at home and I guess he had taken off work early.
    He said "I've got a surprise for you" and he just played piano for me, for about an hour.

That is romance.
  • MelMoly
    Options
    once I was having a bad day.
    I was sitting at home and I guess he had taken off work early.
    He said "I've got a surprise for you" and he just played piano for me, for about an hour.

That is romance.

yes

and "-If a guy tells me he wants to grow old with me" :heart: as long as something else is involved in this talk :wink: :devil:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    He carved our names in a tree at our favorite camp spot while I was away on a bathroom hike. He never told about it he just let me finally find it on my own. *sigh*
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I am not a very demonstrative person. But....A day doesn't go by that I don't tell my wife I love her. I can't pass her in the kitchen or hallway without touching her. The romance is in the way she holds my face in her hands when she kisses me. The way she watches me when she thinks I am not looking.

Some of the rituals are the Sunday brunches I prepare every week. Try to make something special for her. Always with something I know she'll like and something else I think she might like.

I try to surprise her. The last time I sent her flowers was for Father's Day. I sent it to her work the Friday preceding with a note that said I could never have been a good father if it were not for her. You think that wasn't worth a week's worth of BJ's, Mandy?

On my 40th birthday, I surprised her with a diamond tennis bracelet. Caught her off guard.

I still open her doors for her. I still try and cop a feel every chance I get.

Works for me. Works for her.
  • mmildice
    Options
    My husband and I had just moved and I was feeling down. We were sitting on the couch and he asked to see a ring I was wearing. I took it off and gave it to him. Then he held my hand and put it back on. I wasnt paying attention just thought he put my old ring back on. He had infact bought me a new one and slipped it on. I was so shocked that I screamed and woke up our daughter. I think that was the most romantic thing he has done. Things that are unexpected are the best!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    How do you define romance

Making sure I'm ready to leave the house each morning when I'm not really awake.
    Offering the bathtub when we both want a bath (too small to share, unfortunately).
    Making sure I remember to eat.
    Sleeping with the munchkin when she won't settle to make sure I have the sleep I need for work the next day.
    Bringing home one of those cheap grocery store apple pie in waxed paper things because he's been craving one.
    Buying the other's favorite ice cream instead of your own.

Each of these goes both ways, of course.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I try to surprise her. The last time I sent her flowers was for Father's Day. I sent it to her work the Friday preceding with a note that said I could never have been a good father if it were not for her. You think that wasn't worth a week's worth of BJ's, Mandy?

That is VERY , VERY sweet and is definitley worth MORE than a week's worth of bjs.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Romance is when my husband brought home the really cute jacket from Target that I'd been going on about without being asked to, just to surprise me. Romance is when he spends his weekend building me a chicken coop because I'm obsessed with chickens and need another for the babies. Romance is when he brings me a cup of coffee first thing because he knows I'm not human until I get one. And it's like last night when he was getting home late and wouldn't see me before I had to leave for an evening appointment. He met me there just to give me a hug and say "I love you beautiful." He makes me swoon and we'll be celebrating 20 years of marriage Oct 19.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Seriously....Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee, Rita's Mango Italian Ice, Walking my puppy and sex....

I am a happy girl :-)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning, my Dear Hubby gets up, makes coffee, and then brings me fresh coffee and the Sunday paper. In bed.

We sit and read the paper, talk about trivial stuff, and just be together.

He's also a romantic sort that says "I love you" every day, touches me whenever I'm close by, and, yes, he gets his "just rewards" :wink: frequently.

Roses are pretty frequent, along with other types of flowers, in our home. :happy:
  • MelMoly
    Options
    I am not a very demonstrative person. But....A day doesn't go by that I don't tell my wife I love her. I can't pass her in the kitchen or hallway without touching her. The romance is in the way she holds my face in her hands when she kisses me. The way she watches me when she thinks I am not looking

I still open her doors for her. I still try and cop a feel every chance I get

This may be the sexyiest thing I have ever read!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a personal experience with which to define this. Can't wait til I do =).

Me too. All my prices turn in to toads too quickly for any romance. I'm still a believer in chivalry and would love to be courted and made to feel special. I would also like to know that they think of me when I'm not there