Bring IT! Part III: Team No Excuses in March

Options

Replies

• sweetapplepi
    Options
    Mya- all I can say is ":flowerforyou: "
    I'm ready for a new day of working out. Yesterday was really hectic, but I managed to get my workouts in. Hopefully today is much better.
    bbl!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Mya- all I can say is ":flowerforyou: "
    I'm ready for a new day of working out. Yesterday was really hectic, but I managed to get my workouts in. Hopefully today is much better.
    bbl!

Gawd your pic is my new thing to envy!! lol jean mini skirt so cute!!!

Breakfast/Brunch: 5oz turkey breast,1cup green beans,apple
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well, it is afternoon now.

Today started with an early test that lasted about 4 hours! It is to get into the teaching certification program at my school. I am now drained of all energy from my brain and getting up the motivation to kick some butt! LOL. I'm about the drink my fruit smoothie and get to it!
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone!

Hope we're all bringing it with the workouts and nutrition. I just had a small downfall...went to flat top grill today for lunch to meet my friend. I put 4 oz beef, 1 cup broccoli, 4 water chesnut slices, 1 tablespoon of onions, and 1/2 cup of mushrooms. Thinking that soy sauce had few carbs, I mistakenly put on 2.5 ladels of it along with 1 ladel of ginger water. I then looked it up and they said their soy sauce has 4 carbs per ladel! What! Doh...what a waste of carbs. I'm trying to keep those down and didn't realize that soy sauce had so much...

Life goes on...though I'll need to drink more water tonight and stick with grilled chicken breast...

How are we all doing today?
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Michelle ~ I love Flat Top!!!!!!! You can load up on the veggies and lean protein there. I don't think you did too terribly, I know soy sauce is higher in sodium also but still a decent choice. I like getting mine made into vegetable soup and add tofu. Now I'm hungry for Flat Top! :laugh:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I've been a bit scarce around here, but back to routine today! My 5yo went back to school, poor girl was sick for a few days.

My workouts y'day were:
    AM ~ Drill Max cardio, afternoon ~ ChaLean Burn it Off!, PM ~ Chest & Back (one round) w/ my hubby. Whew!

Today ~ Hit the Y for a 5 mile speedwork run and 400 cool down swim.

Half marathon in 5 weeks... and then another one 3 weeks after that. :bigsmile:

Fighting off a migraine this afternoon though, not sure if it is weather or TOM related. Yucky!!! :explode:
  • mgullette
    Options
    Michelle ~ I love Flat Top!!!!!!! You can load up on the veggies and lean protein there. I don't think you did too terribly, I know soy sauce is higher in sodium also but still a decent choice. I like getting mine made into vegetable soup and add tofu. Now I'm hungry for Flat Top! :laugh:

Sigh...I know soy sauce generally has way too much sodium for me to even consider it. I didn't know any nutrition info about the other sauces though so even though I LOVE peanut and chili sauce, I steered clear. Next time I'll stick to lemongrass or ginger water. I guess they do add minimal amounts of sugar to the soy sauce. Now I'll be extra thirsty today.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Rockin and rollin' the P90X Started Week 3 yesterday!!! yes!!!!!!!!! and that means today is one of my favorites... Plyo!!!! Man I'm digging the plyo and Kenpo fun stuff. I smoked shoulders, back and AbRX yesterday!!!! eating clean clean clean... only high test gasolene in my tank!!!! LOL Anyway. thought I'd stop by and say hello to everyone.
    I'll post pics, but only after I cross 30, 60 and 90. LOL
    :noway:
  • mgullette
    Options
    Rockin and rollin' the P90X Started Week 3 yesterday!!! yes!!!!!!!!! and that means today is one of my favorites... Plyo!!!! Man I'm digging the plyo and Kenpo fun stuff. I smoked shoulders, back and AbRX yesterday!!!! eating clean clean clean... only high test gasolene in my tank!!!! LOL Anyway. thought I'd stop by and say hello to everyone.
    I'll post pics, but only after I cross 30, 60 and 90. LOL
    :noway:

Hi Nerve!

I'll check out your day 0's when I get home today...I'm curious. My day 0's frightened me. I'm still not stoked about my day 60's but it will take me probably 4 more rounds before I'm where I want to be:laugh: :laugh: . I love plyo too, in a "man, I love getting my *kitten* kicked today..." lol. Way to go on the clean eating. I have been too, but as you saw, it's always a work in progress...
  • nerveracker
    Options
    absloutely. Day by day. ya know I make my goals every single day when I wake up to eat clean that day, to push play and bring it as hard as I can that day, and to have a positive attitude to put behind it all. Its all about goals man, even the simple things... Goals, they're like the toy at the bottom of the cereal box, you'll get it! you just have to try! but ya gotta get all the BS outta the way first.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    ok I'm gonna plug my own posts, but any of you if you haven't you might want to take a few and read my posts Repairing your broken furnace (Metabolism) and Scales, who needs em?

Mgullette, umm :noway: it's not a pretty sight.. I was a tubo when I started.. (still chunky, but it's going away) It's just not a pretty picture! I promise :embarassed:
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    i absolutely avoid sugar and candy and other "yummy" demons! :devil:
    i am such a glutton that once i start, i can't stop! the great thing is, once you completely avoid refined sugar and other cr*p for a week or more - you don't want it!!!
    i love it. eating healthy rocks - today i had my usual breakfast, plus a yogurt, kiwi, orange, rice, steamed pepper with pork/beef mix baked inside and i might go grab a pear and some cheese for a snack! i am waaay under on water today though - we all have to make sure we are getting more than enough to keep up with all our hard work!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

This is what I'm aiming for (avoiding refined sugar, candy and yummy demons). Just today my friend told me "you can't just not eat anything" when I told her I've been following this goal. I said, I know, but for now my goal is to avoid sugar because I've had too much of it in the past. It doesn't help my weight loss and toning goals, not to mention, it's bad for my health!!!

I let myself have all of the foods with "natural" sugar I want -- fruit, honey, dairy. But I avoid anything that's made primarily of refined sugar. And I find that my overall sugar intake is still lower with only the natural sugars. Like you said, I also find that I don't crave sugar when I avoid it completely! But when I have "just one," all of a sudden I crave it again.

I'll admit that I do allow myself to occasionally have one Hazelnut coffeemate creamer in my rare cup of coffee, when I'm tired or having a stressful day at work. I figure it's my one "indulgence" and compared to how much coffee and flavored creamer I *used* to drink (at least 2 cupes of coffee/ 4 creamers a day), I'm doing great. The funny thing is, there are 4g of sugar in the little creamer tub, and 3g of sugar in a packet of sugar. How can that even be LOL.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    woot woot well its 7pm and im still excercising im determined to finish some kind fo dance cardio today!! lol and my 100 crunches I will be back when Im done .....
  • mgullette
    Options
    Nerve,

Took a peek at your photos. WTG! 14 days and showing a ton of progress already. It took me around 7 weeks before I started seeing changes. Sounds like you are revved up and ready to Bring IT daily with Team Dude! Yes, those forums are slower than *kitten*...that's why I don't go there often. I can't wait 10 minutes for a thread to pop up. Bring IT! Hope you're enjoying plyo today. I have Core Synergistics if I could get my butt moving.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hi all!!! looks like everyone is doing great ..Hiya Nerve!
    I just finished my 2.5hrs whew I almost slacked but then I thought to myself how good 75lbs lost is going to feel lol so I didnt have any excuses..I had yellow squash,grapefruit and tomatoes fo dinner..not all at once of course...my stepmom is cooking cabbage and corned beef YUM but the sodium might kill me so im going to have to measure my portions well and fill my plate with green beans..this is tomorrows brunch woot woot...Im attempting to wake up at 7:45 and take a walk ....:drinker:
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    I somehow managed to get two rounds of elliptical in today.:noway: Another busy day....I had hw to focus on as well. The weather is sooo pretty here though, so it's hard to stay indoors. The hubby's family is in WY and it was -14 there today. Brrr!

I'm so excited for BL tonight!!! Does anyone have a fav team they are rooting for? I loved the black team ( the original 2 guys) and was sad to see them go. Brown and purple are another of my favs. =]
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I somehow managed to get two rounds of elliptical in today.:noway: Another busy day....I had hw to focus on as well. The weather is sooo pretty here though, so it's hard to stay indoors. The hubby's family is in WY and it was -14 there today. Brrr!

I'm so excited for BL tonight!!! Does anyone have a fav team they are rooting for? I loved the black team ( the original 2 guys) and was sad to see them go. Brown and purple are another of my favs. =]

You are rockin that elliptical!!! wtg!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Wahooooo!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone's doing great today!
    I had a better-than-usual-workout today at the gym. :glasses:
    Then a faster than usual walk with hubby.
  • nerveracker
    Options
    woah yeah!!! Plyo in the books. and man I'm dogged! brought 120% today, and it crushed me... I was sucking air like a hoover. my legs felt like concrete blocks, but I put as many of the football things in as I could... then died! :explode: Was a great session of Plyo. Have shoulders, arms and AbRX tomorrow. I'm trying to make make my muscles sore HAHAHA (I'm a tad sadistic or psychotic I guess) but isn't that what bringing it is all about? Pushing yourself harder than you did the last time, every time you push play or take it to the gym or where ever you go?
    Time to call it a night :yawn: so tomorrow is a whole new day to bring it Nerveracker style I'm beat ! check in with you crazy kids in the morning!
    Keep on bringing it!

I'll be taking my measurements and posting pics on Sunday. Here's the current count. Week 2 # lost a total of 3.5 inches from my waist, 3.79% body fat (down to 28.44% from 32.23% day 0) and 6.8lbs (started @240 day 0 down to 233.2 day 14) I don't put near as much stock in the weight as I do my bodyfat and my waist size and other measurements, THOSE tell the real story. Lean muscle is more dense and weighs more than fluffy fat!. So far, that is my progress as of week 2 Sunday, 3/8/09. I know it works, I'm a work in progress.. It just takes setting your goals, and working towards them. Doing your best and forgetting the rest!. If I can do it, anyone can do it!
  • sweetapplepi
    Options
    Workouts complete with weight lifting. I also want to start the two sit-ups a day thing. =]
    Great job everyone :bigsmile: