Excessive consumption may cause laxative effects!!

Options
2»

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    "The best way to offer advice that others find helpful is to address their actual question, not different questions that weren't asked"

Agreed, or maybe some people should just not answer at all :happy:
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    Don't ignore the warning, the potential for 'laxative effect' is real. They just don't give you a 'dose level' because that varies from person to person. Eating one an hour is probably not a big deal, even if you eat 8-10 in a day. Sitting down after dinner and eating 8-10 at the same time may be a different story.

Thanks, that's just what I thought, I wouldn't sit down and eat the whole pack or a load of them in one go anyway, I'm just having a few over several hours.
  • cupotee
    cupotee Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    the effects are gradual. eating ANY amount has laxative effects, because the sweetener is indigestible and thus comes out of u in the same form it went in. It's not like eat 5 and you'll be fine, but eat 6 and you're in for a date with the toilet. The more you eat, the more of a laxative effect. As for how many you'll have to eat to feel a difference, that's up to the person.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Dosage depends on body size and weight in all things, as well as how often you use the substance. So that is probably why no exact number is listed. That being said, I don't think that one an hour will have all that ill an effect.

As an aside, since you have a sweet tooth, why not eat some fresh fruit? That way, you get the sweet taste you crave, but also nutritional content. And hey, no weird chemicals. I'm fond of grapes, strawberries and oranges for sweetness. Could be worth a try, if you don't want to risk the laxative effect.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Dosage depends on body size and weight in all things, as well as how often you use the substance. So that is probably why no exact number is listed. That being said, I don't think that one an hour will have all that ill an effect.

As an aside, since you have a sweet tooth, why not eat some fresh fruit? That way, you get the sweet taste you crave, but also nutritional content. And hey, no weird chemicals. I'm fond of grapes, strawberries and oranges for sweetness. Could be worth a try, if you don't want to risk the laxative effect.

maybe what she actually wants is candy, and this is the way she can get her candy. besides fruits tend to have a lot of carbs maybe she is concerend with her carb intake.
  • purplepollypops
    Options

maybe what she actually wants is candy, and this is the way she can get her candy. besides fruits tend to have a lot of carbs maybe she is concerend with her carb intake.

Thank you FairyMiss! You're one of the only ones that has actually recognised the fact that I want sweets! I eat fruit too but it does not give me the satisfaction that eating sweets does. (not worried about the carbs to be honest!)
    Eating sweets is a treat for me, fruit is NOT a treat as it is part of my daily diet anyway. Eating too much fruit has the same laxative effects on me that these sweets are supposed to have! The amount of sweets that I am eating is not producing a laxative effect for me which is a good thing. It means that I can still satisfy my sweet craving and still be within my calorie limit :happy:
    Also, nobody has considered the fact that I could be diabetic, all they want to do is tell me to eat "proper" sugar!

Once again, thanks for all the relevant comments :smile:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

Thank you FairyMiss! You're one of the only ones that has actually recognised the fact that I want sweets! I eat fruit too but it does not give me the satisfaction that eating sweets does. (not worried about the carbs to be honest!)
    Eating sweets is a treat for me, fruit is NOT a treat as it is part of my daily diet anyway. Eating too much fruit has the same laxative effects on me that these sweets are supposed to have! The amount of sweets that I am eating is not producing a laxative effect for me which is a good thing. It means that I can still satisfy my sweet craving and still be within my calorie limit :happy:
    Also, nobody has considered the fact that I could be diabetic, all they want to do is tell me to eat "proper" sugar!

Once again, thanks for all the relevant comments :smile:

ehh somtimes is just good to be 'bad'
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    Most "natural" low calorie sweeteners are actually sugar alcohols that were distilled inside a plant or tree, instead a man made still.

Your body does not produce nearly the same level of glucose response, but like all booze, sucking it all back will give you the hershey squirts.

You would have to do a lot more than just sweetening tea.