Women 20s/30s/40s support group

Options

Replies

• LaurenMargott
    LaurenMargott Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This sounds just like something I need! 36F here. Put on weight last year due to some stuff that happened. Almost starting again from scratch but I'd love some chats.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A goal of mine is to drink enough water and increase meditation.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad I saw this group!

@makattack220 I appreciate your reflection about learning "a lot about what does and doesn't work for me now (vs my 20s)." I am in my 40s and I find that I just keep building upon my self knowledge here. I've done so much trial and error that I have narrowed things down a bit! It's been helpful.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group ladies. How are we all doing? Happy new year
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

weight.png

Doing okay despite long list of to-dos (moving in awhile).
    Goals for next year are to continue getting more healthy (2 lbs per week loss would be great) and just to make it where we're moving to. prayers appreciated

welcome all and happy new year!
  • angelatdavidson2002
    Options
    Hi guys always want new friends for motivation, feel free to add me
  • jonsek
    jonsek Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.
    39, UK based. Mum of 3. Busy, stressful job.

I have left my body and mind at the back of the queue for too long!!!

Heavier than I have ever been (except for pregnancy) at 9stone 12lbs (138lbs) and 5ft 2.

Goal weight 8stone 12lbs (124lbs)

Let’s go. Best wishes everyone
  • Theredknott
    Theredknott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am 32, momma to 8 and just starting this journey to lose my baby weight from my last little that was born six months ago. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and support each other!
  • roz0810
    Options
    Welcome ladies. Feel free to add me too as well as posting on here as much as you like. Happy new year and good luck to all!
  • mindstar1
    mindstar1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Glad to be here!!! :disappointed:
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've used MFP for years but I need some diet buddies. I'm going to do dry January and try and do at least a small work out everyday. Hopefully the extra lockdown pounds will melt off me! Feel free to add :)
  • Katebook309yahoocom940
    Options
    Hey 👋 looking to get back into the swing of things and lose a few pounds a month. My boyfriend was good and started right after Christmas. 33 without kids. Will weigh in on Wednesday mornings. My scale currently needs more batteries I don't have.
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey 👋 looking to get back into the swing of things and lose a few pounds a month. My boyfriend was good and started right after Christmas. 33 without kids. Will weigh in on Wednesday mornings. My scale currently needs more batteries I don't have.

Ok Kate, get the batteries and let's get this year started off right!! I'm so excited to see what this year has in store for us all!!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year ladies! What a crazy last couple of years huh? I'm 45 and have been on MFP for a long time, always seem to come back to it. I feel best when I log, drink lots of water, get enough sleep, and move my body. I'd like to lose about 35 lbs. Thinking of re-joining a gym to try the rowing machine. This year one of my goals is to make more connections so feel free to add me!
  • 20KimmieKim16
    20KimmieKim16 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Kim and I am looking for a good accountability group or person. I am 45 with 2 kids 21 and 11. I've been on MFP for a while. I lost about 30lbs and then gained it back a few years ago. I now know it's not only what you eat, but how much you eat and your mindset about it all. I am looking to change habits and work on myself while losing the weight. I want to lose 15lbs by the end of March. I know it can be done. I would like to lose it by increasing my daily water intake and portion control. I eat when I am hungry and stop when I have had enough. If this is something that interests you feel free to add me or message me. If we can still do that lol, I have not been on MFP for a while and it looks like they updated a lot. Hope to hear your thoughts soon!!
  • jonsek
    jonsek Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @bosskitty Also doing dry January here! A good start to the year so far and noticing lots more available calories when logging and not adding in alcohol!!
  • roz0810
    Options
    So everyone. I now have 101lbs to lose. It's going to take a lot of time, consistency and motivation but I know i can do this!! One day at a time. My goal for end of March (12 weeks) is to drop 24lbs! Let's go!
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I’m so glad I saw this group!

@makattack220 I appreciate your reflection about learning "a lot about what does and doesn't work for me now (vs my 20s)." I am in my 40s and I find that I just keep building upon my self knowledge here. I've done so much trial and error that I have narrowed things down a bit! It's been helpful.

Exactly @metaphysicalstudio - I'm keeping it simple, focusing on the basics. I don't need to constantly try to wonder if I'm eating the right foods at the right times, etc etc (trial and error, doubting myself, deep diving re: nutrition at the library have just led to yo-yos for me!). I want to just be consistent with the basics and go from there.

Happy New Year everyone!