Hello!

Options
I’ve been a subscriber to the app for a year or so now, but only just discovered the community area!!

I’m based in the UK, I’ve set myself a mammoth task, and would like to lose about 2.5/3st, or at least change that fat into muscle! :)

I know if I get the routine set and done for the first month, then I’ll keep it up. Motivation to start is never an issue, it’s keeping the momentum going that I find the hardest.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Motivation wanes, HABITS stay. :)

You can't change fat into muscle (thats like asking a tree to become a rock, totally different 'materials'), but you certainly can lose fat and build muscle (to a point), and with the fat loss, your muscles will certainly show more!
  • Goddess_Atalanta
    Goddess_Atalanta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Go for it! So excited for you :)

I agree, once you do something for a month it becomes habit. So start a small healthy habit today and you'll be ready to add on in a month.

What is your main motivation to lose it?
  • paddy6789
    paddy6789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Motivation wanes, HABITS stay. :)

You can't change fat into muscle (thats like asking a tree to become a rock, totally different 'materials'), but you certainly can lose fat and build muscle (to a point), and with the fat loss, your muscles will certainly show more!

Yeah I meant turn the fat into muscle by losing the fat and gaining muscle :)
    I 100% want to keep the motivation until it becomes habit.
  • paddy6789
    paddy6789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go for it! So excited for you :)

I agree, once you do something for a month it becomes habit. So start a small healthy habit today and you'll be ready to add on in a month.

What is your main motivation to lose it?

The main motivation is that I want to feel good and look good. Throughout my teens I was always slim/skinny. I had a bit of a knee injury which stopped me being active and I discovered beer! So, it was never going to end well. And I have a baaaad habit of munching my way through chocolate and crisps, you know all the good stuff! I’ve had a few major changes in life over the last year too. So I now have no excuse not to!
    It’s self discipline and willpower that I’ve been lacking and it’s gradually been building up over the last year and now it’s time to do something about it!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,812 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Paddy. Welcome to the community boards. These folks are fantastic!!!!

I feel like weighing and logging was 50%, but the other 50% was the support and knowledge I gained here by checking in every day.

If you ever want to start a kerfuffle and bring out all the Big Dogs of MFP Knowledge, casually mention Apple Cider Vinegar, Cabbage diet, or cleanses of any kind, and then duck and run.

These folks are great!

I found the NSV (Non-Scale Victory) thread very helpful when I was feeling low or needed a gentle push to continue. You’ll find that thread and other great stories here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/success-stories