How to kill "being hungry feeling"?

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Therefore, as Ann said, I disagree with your suggestion that everyone should follow your personal eating preferences or that you know -- as you oddly claim -- how others must eat in order not to be hungry.

Sums it up.
  • ayamourada92
    ayamourada92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I leave around 300 cals at the end of the day because I have met the limit of carbs and sugar for example and whenever I try to take in youghurt or eggs or beans or so on I find that I exceed these amounts so I stop eating..

To cut it short, if I still have remaining cals should I eat even if I exceed the limit of specific component?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options
    I leave around 300 cals at the end of the day because I have met the limit of carbs and sugar for example and whenever I try to take in youghurt or eggs or beans or so on I find that I exceed these amounts so I stop eating..

To cut it short, if I still have remaining cals should I eat even if I exceed the limit of specific component?

Yes.

It's the calories that's matter directly for weight management.

Nutrients are about health and satiation. You can work at improving nutrition gradually, if you want to, by noticing patterns in your eating and adjusting your habits.

Try to get enough protein and fats most days, close to goal amount, but over is fine. If you're not diabetic or something like that, don't worry about the carbs unless they affect your appetite so make it harder or easier to stick with your calorie goal.

Eat close to calorie goal, not way under or over.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So I just generally can't get by on 2 meals a day and veggies either. I know plenty of people who can; I'm not one of them.

What I found worked for me is EMBRACE THE SNACK. The snack has to have high protein and some fat is ideal too. Combining with fruits and veggies is great...apple and string cheese....carrots with some ranch dip...orange and some almonds...boiled egg and some celery sticks...

Yes, you may have to cut back on the big meals. But going to bed hungry leads to not sleeping well and THAT becomes a problem too. Bad sleep contributes to eating poorly and falling off the wagon.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posts that have suggested experimenting with what makes you full, personally.

As a personal anecdote, I remember when I first went vegan, I was mostly eating low-fat, moderate protein, high carb whole foods. At first, I was pretty happy because I got to eat a ton of food and I had always considered myself a volume-eater, but then I kept feeling hungry all the time. Curious, I bumped up my fats from 25-30ish grams to about 50 grams. Sure enough, the hunger went away. After a while, I started strength training and felt hungry again. I bumped up the protein in my meals from 16-20 grams a meal to about 25-30 grams per meal and suddenly, I quit feeling like gnawing someone's arm off.

Now, I would describe my diet as having a moderate amount of fat and protein, with a high amount of carbs (~200 grams) But what works for me doesn't work for everybody--it might not even work for the posters in this thread! The important thing, I think, is just to play around with your diet and be mindful of what meals worked, what meals left you hungry, and how you feel at the end of the day. Once you have that information, you can tweak your diet, as needed :)
  • peazoo1325
    peazoo1325 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You may want to spread out these meals to allow snacks when you have the cravings.

These snacks have to be satisfying and low calorie. (Protein bars, Greek yogurt, Low carb bread peanut butter sandwiches, etc)

The key is to find high nutrition, low calorie alternatives to allow you to eat more frequently.

• makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a keto diet? If you are going to eat twice a day (that's what I do) move it to lunch time and dinner. I eat at noon and 6 pm for example.

https://youtu.be/QKqcEb9tj_k

https://youtu.be/vMZfyEy_jpI

Some good info
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a keto diet? If you are going to eat twice a day (that's what I do) move it to lunch time and dinner. I eat at noon and 6 pm for example.

Some good info

That Dr Berg dude is one of the creepiest 'influencers' I've ever seen 🤢
    He gives me bad vibes - like there is something sinister about him other than his insincerity!
    I appreciate that Keto along with other 'diets' work for some people - but it's pretty faddy IMO and few people are able to sustain it in the long run.
    All diets regardless of their name work to create a calorie deficit.
    It's better to work out which one is easier for you to sustain - not for a short time - forever!
    I don't know many people that would want to avoid carbs forever - that sounds like torture to me 😳
    I have tried Keto and I lost weight and wasn't particularly hungry- but I didn't feel satisfied.
    It ultimately led to a binge restrict cycle which is what 'diets' do.
    To me anyway - before anyone gets their knickers in a twist 😁
    It takes time and effort to find an eating pattern with foods you enjoy that keep you satiated.
    Consistency is key.

• paperpudding
    Options
    Quoting myself from page 1 If there is a thread about low carb eating, sure, relevant to recomend that - but in a general thread where OP has said nothing that leads one to think that is an option she wants to follow - bit meaningless and hijacking of the topic.
  • russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The OP asked a question. I answered. That SHOULD be the end of it, but I was attacked by people who apparently are afraid of what I say.

Why should low carb be from a thread. I should be able to make suggestions, the same as any other poster, and not be attacked for it.

Hijacked? As far as I can tell, I made 1 post, and the rest is response to people attacking ME, like you are doing, suggesting my suggestion is not allowed, but all of the others are?

The OP made NO distinction about diet.. she asked about cravings.. something I don't have.. can you say the same? If so, the go ahead and tell us how you eat to make that happen. I'm sure the OP would appreciate another option which works.

The only other poster supporting low carb is makinlifehappen.. posted some videos. Most of this thread is not anything to do with low carb, yet somehow, we are " hijacking the thread ", and you are " making suggestions "

We are making a suggestion, based on what worked. The only difference is that you aren't saying that your suggestions will end the OP's cravings. You are trying to be helpful, I think, but as far as I can tell, most of you are in the same predicament the OP is in.. you have cravings too!
    you don't want to let this drop.
    So answer me this.. if you are making suggestions based on ideas you have, and I'm guessing you guys did these yourself, and still have cravings, why are you suggesting something which doesn't work?

The only ideas which might work, are ones where people actually got results, but I was attacked for pointing out cravings are not necessary, which leads me to think that you have no idea how to end these cravings, but for some reason, have lots of advice to give on the topic, despite not having a clue, and on top of that, feel it necessary to attack people who say they DO have a way to end cravings.

Why are you so afraid that someone might try it, and end their cravings? You know most people won't take my suggestion, yet the idea that maybe a few might, and the number of people losing weight, and getting healthier on LCHF, will continue to grow, because it's a lot easier to eat properly, when you aren't having cravings.

Personally, I don't know how any of you succeed when you are cravings things. I find that amazing, but sad, that you have to work so hard to overcome your cravings. I remember being like that.. it sucked.

Anyways, I will continue to respond, if you can't just let it go, because I feel too many people are attacked to silence them, and I won't let you do that to me. If you want me to go away from this thread, then drop it, and I will too, but if others feel the need to attack me for having the nerve to do exactly what they are doing.. making a suggestion.. I am more than ready to continue on.

I would suggest you get over your fear of others having a different suggestion, and stick to anything you feel could help the OP end cravings.. not deal with them, but END them, because that would actually HELP the OP, unlike your continued attacks on people.

That's how things are supposed to work.. we make suggestions, and the OP chooses what they think will work from them, and tries them, and sees what DOES work.

In that scenario, we don't need to have this fight, because you can't just let me speak.
  • paperpudding
    Options
    You have spoken - you have hijacked the thread with long irelevant posts, 3 or 4 of them now and made at least 3 ad honinem attacks on other posters.

so as to not be complicit in hijack I am disengaging from any more response to you.
  • russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank You, despite your lies. I made a VERY relevant post, one that actually SOLVED the OP's problem, and attacked no one, but responded to attacks on ME.

If no one had attacked me to begin with, simply for making a suggestion, all the following posts, would not have been necessary.

When you attack me, or LIE about what I have done, I will respond, and yes, the character of the person involved is relevant. What kind of person would attack someone simply for stating a suggestion?

Others did not simply give their own suggestions, and let me be, so you have to wonder about them... what causes a person to do THAT? What makes you guys think it is OK to attack me for my suggestion, and then say me responding is somehow wrong. If I attacked your suggestion, I would expect you to respond.

Now that your lies have been corrected, if you remain disengaged from responding to you, I will have nothing more to say to you, and we can move along, but if you continue to lie or attack me, I will continue to respond.. so don't attack me, with lies, and then call quits. That won't work. I will stop responding if you do not ever address me again, but if you do, I will respond too.

Hopefully, we are done here. Have a good day.

• makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Some good info

He gives me bad vibes - like there is something sinister about him other than his insincerity!
    I appreciate that Keto along with other 'diets' work for some people - but it's pretty faddy IMO and few people are able to sustain it in the long run.
    It's better to work out which one is easier for you to sustain - not for a short time - forever!
    I don't know many people that would want to avoid carbs forever - that sounds like torture to me 😳
    I have tried Keto and I lost weight and wasn't particularly hungry- but I didn't feel satisfied.
    It takes time and effort to find an eating pattern with foods you enjoy that keep you satiated.
    Consistency is key.

Personally as someone who finds a way to find everything outrageously funny I appreciate his rare and dry sense of humor. He doesn't laugh at anything.

I think all diets are a fad until we find what works for us long term at which point it becomes our way of life.

Diets don't have to be only about reduction in calories, they can be about changing habits ie consuming food that is good for you rather than food you like.

Avoiding cabs isn't that hard, so long as you keep yourself satiated. But I do know that you have to find what works for you. Some prefer higher carb foods.

Consistency is key. And knowledge is power.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Some good info

Consistency is key.

Personally as someone who finds a way to find everything outrageously funny I appreciate his rare and dry sense of humor. He doesn't laugh at anything.

I think all diets are a fad until we find what works for us long term at which point it becomes our way of life.

Diets don't have to be only about reduction in calories, they can be about changing habits ie consuming food that is good for you rather than food you like.

Avoiding cabs isn't that hard, so long as you keep yourself satiated. But I do know that you have to find what works for you. Some prefer higher carb foods.

Consistency is key. And knowledge is power.

I'm not American - maybe his 'humour' is lost in translation 🤢
    But all 'jokes' aside I agree with you that all diets are a fad.
    To reduce your weight and to be able to sustain the weight loss - you need to consume foods you enjoy - preferably healthy ones - but why would you eat foods you don't enjoy?
    And I hate to say it and I wish it wasn't so but weight loss is all about CICO.
    There are some variables - but you have to burn more calories than you consume- there is no magic formula.
    I personally try to avoid fast carbs as they are a binge trigger for me - but I won't eliminate them.
    I enjoy it, log it and move on.
    My way isn't the right way for everyone- but at 46yrs old and being on 'diets' most of my adult life I know they don't work.
    Eliminating whole food groups is not sustainable forever.
    I lost 53 lbs last year and I did it with small changes.
    I still have 20 lbs to go which won't budge but that's another story 🙄