JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Where do you find all these walks and runs in Green Bay? Are they posted somewhere? I'd like to maybe sign up for a few if I can get my knees to cooperate! ;)

I always walk in the race events, and I was diagnosed with arthritis in both knees two years ago. My doctor told me no running. LOL I haven't run since I quit playing softball 30+ years ago.

Don't feel like you have to be in top shape. Just take your time and enjoy.

Anyway, I started doing walking events and races sporadically in the early 1990s and just kept going. The Bellin Run 10K (started in 1977) is the annual event I've done the most ~ think I'm up to about 25 times now. If I count up the number of race shirts I have, I'd know. Did you know it's one of the biggest 10K races in the US? I participated the year they broke the record with 20,000 people. Not so many people since then, but still around 10,000. Last two years have been virtual, but this year in person again. Yay!

The Titletown Wellness Race Series was started in 2012 by Bellin Health & the GB Packers. Through doing the 10K, I became aware of and participated in the series & various events. Races include the Packers 5K, Pink Pumpkin 5K (smaller race that's part of the Women's Half Marathon), and Run for the Hill of It (starts at Triangle Hill, goes partly along Baird Creek Parkway trails & finishes going up that steep sledding hill). All the races have their own uniqueness and fun. The Packers 5K is the best, because near the finish, racers go inside the stadium through the players tunnel & around the track that surrounds Lambeau Field, with a camera focused on the track so you can see yourself on the Jumbotrons.

Seroogy's Chocolates of course sponsors the Valentine Run/Walk. Finishers receive a meltaway, plus there's hot chocolate to warm you up. I have walked this race in bitter cold some years, when people were so covered up all you could see was their eyes! This year is the first the race is managed by Run Away Event Races (the Run Away Shoe stores people). I'm on their contact list from other Run Away races.

Finally, this January is the 5th annual Frenzy on the Fox, which starts downtown at City Deck & goes along the Fox River Trail. It's the only nighttime event I'm aware of in the area, and is run by the City Parks & Rec Dept. They have a Facebook page you can check out. They started the event to keep people active after Christmas and New Year's, and to not hibernate. Last year they held a virtual challenge.

Since I was registered for a few races, I'm on the various contact lists and get notified of other area races. I only do local events, since I'm not about to drive a huge distance to walk 5K. Maybe when I retire, I'll try other events farther away, but for now I keep busy enough.

Sorry for such long post, and probably TMI. Anyway, maybe someday we'll finally be able to meet, and even start a race together.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting up the new thread, Joan. I'm glad to see so many familiar JFT friends and to extend a welcome to the newcomers. This has been such a wonderful group, and I'm looking forward to getting back to connecting more regularly with all of you.

Here's a bit about me.
    Name: Gwen
    Home: New Jersey
    Height: 5'6"
    2022 SW: 185
    Mid-year goal: 165
    End of year goal: 155

After a challenging year and an especially hectic December, I'm easing my way into 2022. I spent today relaxing with family at my mom's, and I've got my younger son visiting this week. So while I may not be quite ready to get back into the swing of things yet, I'll be mulling over my goals and intentions this week.

Not much time left for goals today, so I'll just post one.
    JFT Saturday, 1/1/2022
    Bed by midnight - I have 10 minutes! Gotta run :)

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - thank you for another year. I swear this thread helps me so much! I need to make it a priority again. April will be my 4th anniversary here.
    I hope that boil gets healed soon. They are so painful. I also hope your daughter’s meds get the right balance soon.

@Faebert - it’s so nice to see you. How are you and your girls?

@clicketykeys - I hope your therapy exercises are working. I need to get more consistent with mine. Are you thinking of changing schools this year?

@Bex953172 - I would drink lots of water and give it a couple of days. Weight fluctuations are so insane. Determination was my word in 2019, it worked for me.

@pridesabtch - I think setting the goals is a step in the right direction.

@MA_B - welcome! I like your goal for walking.

@Outdoorsy_Canadian - welcome, what part of Canada. There are few of us on here it seems. I am in Alberta.

@cschmitz110515 - I am interested in the challenge you do on map my walk. How do you handle your inside walking. My exercise therapist thinks she’ll be able to have me walking by Spring.

@PackerFanInGB - I read your stats, we are only a few pounds off of one another and 1 inch. We really do have a lot in common.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    About me:

Name - Tracey
    Age - 53
    Live in - Edmonton, AB
    CW - 188
    HW - 202
    GW - 140

I have been a part of this thread since April 2018 and truly believe that posting goals and meeting challenges were a huge reason that I lost over 25 lbs up to July 2019 when I had an injury in a bouncy castle at my daughters wedding.

The week after her wedding I started a new job at a nursing home, when I felt like I might be able to get back to working mg way up to exercising Covid hit and the stress from working in there on top of learning a new job did me in. I sat for too long and ended up gaining all of my weight back and causing myself more trouble from the original injury. I made it back up to 202lbs by March 202, a weight I swore I would never see again. I spent most of 2021 doing physiotherapy and have been working since Dec with and exercise therapist to get built back up without causing more injury to myself. I weighed 188 this morning and I’m not sure how I did it.

My goals for this year is to walk 5K again by summer.

I miss the walking that I was doing.

JFT - January 1
    Log all Food
    1.5 L of water
    Gratitude journal
    Exercises
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Outdoorsy_Canadian Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    About me
    Ht: 5' 7"
    CW: 190
    UGW: 140 lb
    Ontario, Canada

JFT Sunday Jan 2
    •Clean out snack drawer
    •No snacking after dinner
    •Do something active

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back - it’s so nice to be here again! So… back to daily goal logging!

Saturday goals:
    New Year’s Day run: ✅ 2.1m
    Stay within calorie goal: ✅
    Take down all decorations and clean living room: ✅
    Reconnect with MFP groups: ✅ 😃

Sunday goals:
    Morning run: ✅ 2m
    Stay within calorie goal
    Drink more water
    Finish cleaning
    Laundry
    Prep topic document for next term

Have a great day everyone x
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Adding to my goals and intentions. Still a work in progress :)
    Here's a bit about me.
    Name: Gwen
    Home: New Jersey
    Height: 5'6"
    2022 SW: 185
    Mid-year goal: 165
    End of year goal: 155

Word of the Year: Balance

2022 Intentions:
    Letting go - Recognize that moving forward means letting go of things I no longer need or will use. Value the experience, understanding, and memories, but clear the physical, electronic, and cognitive clutter.
    Careful commitments - Be more thoughtful about potential commitments and the impact they will have on my time, energy, relationships, and mental health. Remember that I don't need to do it all to make a meaningful contribution and that I am more to others than what I do.

Daily habits:
    Log
    Healthy eating (Mediterranean diet, low sodium, limit caffeine and alcohol)
    Hydration
    Exercise (5/7 days)
    Journal - reflect and plan
    Read/post on JFT

January Projects
    Relax and recharge
    Complete one fun project
    Revise my lesson plans for the Spring semester
    Sort and store holiday decorations
    Connect with extended family and friends

2022 Projects - An incomplete and evolving list
    Let go of half (recycle, donate, discard)
    Start a meditation program
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    Saturday, 1/1/2022
    Bed by midnight - Not quite. 16 minutes late, but I lingered in the hall talking to my son, so it was time well spent.

I'm off for a couple more weeks, but it's back to work or school tomorrow for most of the crew. My daughter's family will be coming by early this afternoon to hang out with my younger son while he's here, so I'll fix a simple dinner to leave more time for games.

JFT Sunday 1/2/2022
    Make careful food choices throughout the day
    Walk outdoors
    Limit time in the kitchen
    Bed by midnight
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - getting trady for last day here. Had my coffee stuff, now I won’t eat again until after 12 pm. (Except for dose of metamisal I’ll take before we go.)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,322 Member
    Options

JFT Saturday Jan 1

- no sweets (except that darn muffin) 😀
    - Throw out cookies and fudge 😞
    - Take down tree😞
    - Ride the Peloton😞
    - log food😀
    - Stay green😞
    - Be thankful😀

Happy New Year to all! Love and appreciate y’all!

Yesterday didn’t go great, but there is hope for today.

JFT Sunday
    - Church 😞
    - Help V with Project
    - Take down tree
    - Avoid sweets
    - Ride Peleton
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Need by 11:30
    - No alcohol

Happy Sunday y’all!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 MapMyWalk has ways to manually log workouts (vs. tracking a workout) on both the website (go to Dashboard, in upper right corner click on Add Workout) & on phone. I select either treadmill or circuit when logging manually, then enter the pertinent info & save. Voila! I especially like the dashboard on the website because you see the entire month at once and which days you logged anything. Great visual.

Recap Sat. 1/1
    1) Treadmill 3 miles :smiley:
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 10/14 & 11.8K
    3) Leftovers for meals / net calories zero / 12c water :s evening snacks w/ hubby & peanut M&Ms -94, high sodium, fiber good, protein low-ish, sugar high, 10c
    4) Winter market (local farmers & crafters indoors) :smiley:
    5) Something on my ta-da list? yes :)
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 7:30 alarm (9:00 church) = 3/6

JFT Sun. 1/2
    1) 9:00 church :smiley:
    2) Move hourly
    3) Treadmill
    4) Make soup for supper? / net calories zero / 12c water
    5) 7:20 Packers game
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (back to work)
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years... if it's not broke, don't fix it
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • registered for Frenzy on the Fox 5K on 1.21.22
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement

Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until dinner, whenever that is.
  • Outdoorsy_Canadian
    Outdoorsy_Canadian Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Another Lazy holiday day. One more day then back to work Tuesday 😪

JFT Sunday Jan 2
    ✔️Clean out snack drawer
    ✔️Clean out sons snack cupboard
    ✔️Family walk with the dog in the snow
    ✔️IF 16:8
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    *sigh* we've not had any food in today. I've fed whatever we had left to the kids obviously, they've had everything they needed.
    Picked up the food parcel though so there's a few bits in there, enough til we get paid I think and if not I'll sort something in the meantime.

I've managed to eat about 800 calories so far. But it's 10.30pm and it won't let me complete the diary.

I need to eat more? Haha

Saskia was meant to have a birthday party soon. I've been looking to see what I can arrange.
    Today I cancelled any plans.

The girls behaviour has been so bad.
    They're staying up til midnight every night despite being put to bed no later than 8pm. I tried sitting in their room, they still didn't go sleep.Their bedroom is a complete mess, I spent nearly a whole day trying to Clean it and it was very nearly done.. well I can't see the carpet again. They then started trashing the lounge. I can't walk anywhere without stepping on anything.
    Then the fighting with eachother, the screaming, the hitting, the bullying of eachother.
    I lost my cool today and cancelled it.
    And the worst bit is... She doesn't even seem bothered. She's not stopped, maybe she thinks I don't mean it.. but I do.
    It might seem extreme but it's not a one day thing, it's been weeks of this.

Were still celebrating her birthday. But no party, no friends round.

Sigh I dunno. Things are hard at the minute.

Hugs Bex ... they are all at a hard age. Hang in there mommy!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,200 Member
    Options
    p9h9jdkjesq9.jpg

My word for the year is positive thinking/gratitude. This came through on my FB page .. perfect!