JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

So my goals today are simple.
    1. log my food :)
    2. concentrate on water :) Drinking water tonite, while I sew together some scraps. Since I can't get in the mood to start any new project .. figured I would sew mindlessly .. ha... just sewing scraps together for later!
    3. mindful eating :) Made French Onion soup tonite and had a large salad with it. Lunch was just cottage cheese & applesauce. I did have a bowl of peppermint ice cream ... but it was a small bowl because I finished off the box!
    4. read 1 chap simple abundance :) Going to do this now, so adding my smily face.

I always post my goals the nite before .. my mornings are so hectic, and this way I know I'm being accountable.
    Today I felt much better. I think the boil draining partially eased the pain a little. Hubby squeezed it and got more "crap" out .. it hurt a lot, but I know that stuff needs to drain to heal.
    So I got about 6 loads of laundry finished today and got the house cleaned. I will wait a week before taking down xmas stuff. No exercise today though, but I am not worried about that. I know losing weight is 90% what I eat, and I get plenty of exercise. Once my back is better I will be back at the gym or walking.

Goals for tomorrow, Monday, January 3.
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking water
    3. plan the day's meals. Dinner: Hearty Beef Enchiladas; lunch yogurt and fruit, with 1/4 c granola. Breakfast will be either oatmeal or scrambled eggs.
    4. plan snack: Snacks in the evening ... apple, orange, or hard boiled egg. At most 1/2 cup chex party mix.
    5. read 1 chapter simple abundance
    6. write in journal... list positives for the day

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Next year is going to be a decision year for me, I think, based on how things go the rest of this year and next year. But I want to make sure that if I do decide to make a change, that I'm as prepared for it as possible. Therapy is ... not difficult, but frustrating. I get SO impatient! I hate having to be careful about everything. Ugh! :angry:

@MrsHermit - I actually use my JFT as my daily planner! So it's not just my health stuff but also housework and professional tasks that I need to remember. It's consistent in a few little ways; mornings and bedtimes tend to be pretty regular during the school year. But I definitely have to be careful about adding little things as they can get overwhelming!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Therapy exercises. Recycling.
    3. Reading: ITWL to 50%. Update Beanstack.
    4. Writing: Clois. Script. 1 hr.
    5. Afternoon: Phone calls. Physical therapy.
    6. Evening: Coloring? Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    7. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    8. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 1/12. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Conf 1/?. Start planning Saturday Seven for 1/8 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/8 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? CrazyPLN Zoom chat 4PM 1/1. Ankle checkup 2/7 9 AM. Call DFCS about Medicaid 1/3; call lawyer after. Check on elliptical. The small bathroom needs to be cleaned. Slow cooker meal. Load dishwasher S/T/R eves.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? Honors reflection weekly; type in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. ObG CALL. PCP CALL. Therapy 9:15 12/29. Ankle CALL.
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Jan 12 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Calls.
    12. Writing: Blog. Scripts. Fanfic.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Nervous about the return to teaching, particularly student attendance. I hope things go well. I hope I stay healthy. I hope my family and my students and my colleagues do as well. :(
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    edited January 2022
    UPDATE: @mytime6630 helped me figure it out: I had mixed up which tabs I was writing in. For my next trick, I will probably write the wrong year for a few weeks haha

ORIGINAL POST I kept trying to find my post from this afternoon to quote, but it has disappeared. I guess posting my blog link violated a rule, though some asked about it. sorry admin, I wasn't sure.

I spent some time catching up with chat too. Too bummed now to do it over.
    maybe later
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2022
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    I kept trying to find my post from this afternoon to quote, but it has disappeared. I guess posting my blog link violated a rule, though some asked about it. sorry admin, I wasn't sure.

maybe later

You posted on the 2021 thread .. I left you a message.

I cut and pasted your posted below. Sorry for the confusion this is causing!
  • mytime6630

Happy new year! Catching up again. I rested on Shabbat, quite a feat while we're doing moving prep (my mind just wouldn't quiet down). Husband still has something (cold like) so plans were changed today, trying to get him well again. I have something too but not as bad. Still need to pack!

@mytime6630 Thank you for the new thread! Thank you also for your kind comments (few days ago). I hope to be helpful but don't think my clumsy attempts at goals help much--thanks for the encouragement. : ) Feel better soon!

@mytime6630 @Snowflake1968 I will post a link below to our blogs, but am planning on trying to log in and do at least this thread if I can. We won't be leaving until end of March. There may be times when we don't have data, but are planning on going into town every while to use wifi. The beginning of moving there will be too much to set-up first anyways. : )

@Snowflake1968 I think having goals and being consistent is important. I can certainly relate to an injury throwing off ...everything. But you kept going. I hope we both get to go walking by this summer. I miss walking too. You can do it!
    It has been our dream to homestead. We had been preparing and researching for a long time, even changing some of our lifestyle to be more independent though we're in an apartment. Lately we had about given up on homesteading being possible. Some things have happened recently and this is the only open door, so we're taking a leap of faith. Kind of exciting! I think life is more about relationships and making memories. There will be hardships certainly, but we're living life together. "Don't miss it!", we like to say to each other.

@ZizzyBumble Hi! Hopeful is a good word!

@Faebert Hi! The important thing is that you got back up again - persistence - to make your health a priority, and perhaps learned a little something that was helping you in the past (doing something health related consistently, like a daily list or logging, just five minutes).

@clicketykeys oh I wish I could have a long list like you! Right now it feels like anything on my list will be interrupted, just keep working at it. If your long list is predictable in its routine, maybe pick one of your "want to do" and break it down into a little 5 minute thing you can add to your routine, if that makes sense. I find that if I'm not specific, it won't get done, because I have trouble prioritizing my own wants and habits. Recently I've been adding useful activities in bed while I help DH get to sleep, and it's been nice (get to journal, read, crochet..) Happy new year!

@Bex953172 Sometimes I feel like I look at a cookie and gain weight. Honestly (because this is a friendly group), I really would like to be the same weight leaving this apartment at the end of March that I was getting here several years ago. Yikes, but still. One day at a time. Also, my scale one day said that I gained like 8 lbs in two days, but that was after a heater accident, so I think it just wasn't working right. Always trust the instinct "something smells like it's burning"
    Your word is a good one - determination! I like your mini exercises - neat idea! I think I'll try that this year.
    ((((hugs))) I just read about your struggles with your kids. I have to agree with you about the party (no rewarding bad behavior). Hope you don't mind, but: may God give you wisdom on the underlying problem and how to help both them AND you! I'm sorry it's so tough right now.

@pridesabtch ((hugs))) That reminds me of my tendency to just set my habits and planner aside (things that work for me) when there are interruptions or changes. I am going to make a goal to stick to what works even when there are challenges, because I know that when I put that list (and good habits) aside I feel adrift and am not as effective or happy during my day. I just have to make a few tweaks, that's all. Thank you for the reminder. We can do this!

@MA_B Welcome! I only joined MFP in October 2021. This is a really nice group!

@Outdoorsy_Canadian Welcome! I'm sorry last year was so tough for you. I can relate. I hope this year will be much better for everybody. One day at a time. Thankful you had an easy maintenance issue. Easy check marks on the list are a relief!

@cschmitz110515 Hello again! 2022 already, wow. Tenacity - nice word. I'm working on my goals today. I figured I need to make some commitments to myself during this year to help stay steady, on track, and less stressed. I think I've seen that app mapmywalk I've been using Fitzee when I used to go walking. It's nice to see how far you went.

@PackerFanInGB Nice goal list for the year - looks like good variety. Making me think about my own goals.

@beachwalker99 I'm thinking over my goals while I catch up on MFP, tend a sick DH, and start packing (the living room is a mess). Nice list!

@mytime6630 That is a really nice quote/photo! Thank you for sharing!

Okay, goal for the last few hours of the day (though DH keep staying up past midnight (why!!!))
    JFT Sunday:
    Catch up with MFP
    Pick realistic goals to stay steady this year, having something "normal" even in new surroundings
    Finish the wall section of the living room, move couch, begin packing boxes and rearranging things
    sew for 15 minutes
    dishes done before bed
    bedtime while helping DH sleep: read, pray, journal, crochet

My little blog https://ideasfromthemaster.wixsite.com/hermits-reflections
    My Ytube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMk5stFeNdUCRovIzBQTesw/about
    My Rumble https://rumble.com/c/c-896603
    Husband's Ytube (will have more building-oriented stuff when we're able to post) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbv8NirXk6Xf8pxm72xXOTw/about
  • MrsHermit
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I kept trying to find my post from this afternoon to quote, but it has disappeared. I guess posting my blog link violated a rule, though some asked about it. sorry admin, I wasn't sure.

maybe later

You posted on the 2021 thread .. I left you a message.

I cut and pasted your posted below. Sorry for the confusion this is causing!

Oh my @mytime6630 Thank you! I had several tabs open and must have mixed up which one it was. I wasn't sure about the link posting rules either so had just assumed that's what happened. Thank you! The wonders of technology....looking forward to wide open sky. My husband says the stars are spectacular (he used to be a geologist in the field)
  • MrsHermit
    Happy new year! Catching up again. I rested on Shabbat, quite a feat while we're doing moving prep (my mind just wouldn't quiet down). Husband still has something (cold like) so plans were changed today, trying to get him well again. I have something too but not as bad. Still need to pack!

@mytime6630 Thank you for the new thread! Thank you also for your kind comments (few days ago). I hope to be helpful but don't think my clumsy attempts at goals help much--thanks for the encouragement. : ) Feel better soon!

@mytime6630 @Snowflake1968 I will post a link below to our blogs, but am planning on trying to log in and do at least this thread if I can. We won't be leaving until end of March. There may be times when we don't have data, but are planning on going into town every while to use wifi. The beginning of moving there will be too much to set-up first anyways. : )

@Snowflake1968 I think having goals and being consistent is important. I can certainly relate to an injury throwing off ...everything. But you kept going. I hope we both get to go walking by this summer. I miss walking too. You can do it!
    It has been our dream to homestead. We had been preparing and researching for a long time, even changing some of our lifestyle to be more independent though we're in an apartment. Lately we had about given up on homesteading being possible. Some things have happened recently and this is the only open door, so we're taking a leap of faith. Kind of exciting! I think life is more about relationships and making memories. There will be hardships certainly, but we're living life together. "Don't miss it!", we like to say to each other.

@ZizzyBumble Hi! Hopeful is a good word!

@Faebert Hi! The important thing is that you got back up again - persistence - to make your health a priority, and perhaps learned a little something that was helping you in the past (doing something health related consistently, like a daily list or logging, just five minutes).

@clicketykeys oh I wish I could have a long list like you! Right now it feels like anything on my list will be interrupted, just keep working at it. If your long list is predictable in its routine, maybe pick one of your "want to do" and break it down into a little 5 minute thing you can add to your routine, if that makes sense. I find that if I'm not specific, it won't get done, because I have trouble prioritizing my own wants and habits. Recently I've been adding useful activities in bed while I help DH get to sleep, and it's been nice (get to journal, read, crochet..) Happy new year!

@Bex953172 Sometimes I feel like I look at a cookie and gain weight. Honestly (because this is a friendly group), I really would like to be the same weight leaving this apartment at the end of March that I was getting here several years ago. Yikes, but still. One day at a time. Also, my scale one day said that I gained like 8 lbs in two days, but that was after a heater accident, so I think it just wasn't working right. Always trust the instinct "something smells like it's burning"
    Your word is a good one - determination! I like your mini exercises - neat idea! I think I'll try that this year.
    ((((hugs))) I just read about your struggles with your kids. I have to agree with you about the party (no rewarding bad behavior). Hope you don't mind, but: may God give you wisdom on the underlying problem and how to help both them AND you! I'm sorry it's so tough right now.

@pridesabtch ((hugs))) That reminds me of my tendency to just set my habits and planner aside (things that work for me) when there are interruptions or changes. I am going to make a goal to stick to what works even when there are challenges, because I know that when I put that list (and good habits) aside I feel adrift and am not as effective or happy during my day. I just have to make a few tweaks, that's all. Thank you for the reminder. We can do this!

@MA_B Welcome! I only joined MFP in October 2021. This is a really nice group!

@Outdoorsy_Canadian Welcome! I'm sorry last year was so tough for you. I can relate. I hope this year will be much better for everybody. One day at a time. Thankful you had an easy maintenance issue. Easy check marks on the list are a relief!

@cschmitz110515 Hello again! 2022 already, wow. Tenacity - nice word. I'm working on my goals today. I figured I need to make some commitments to myself during this year to help stay steady, on track, and less stressed. I think I've seen that app mapmywalk I've been using Fitzee when I used to go walking. It's nice to see how far you went.

@PackerFanInGB Nice goal list for the year - looks like good variety. Making me think about my own goals.

@beachwalker99 I'm thinking over my goals while I catch up on MFP, tend a sick DH, and start packing (the living room is a mess). Nice list!

@mytime6630 That is a really nice quote/photo! Thank you for sharing!

Okay, goal for the last few hours of the day (though DH keep staying up past midnight (why!!!))
    JFT Sunday:
    Catch up with MFP
    Pick realistic goals to stay steady this year, having something "normal" even in new surroundings
    Finish the wall section of the living room, move couch, begin packing boxes and rearranging things
    sew for 15 minutes
    dishes done before bed

Husband's Ytube (will have more building-oriented stuff when we're able to post) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbv8NirXk6Xf8pxm72xXOTw/about
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Hour commitment - I won't eat anything else until tomorrow.
  • MrsHermit
    About me:
    Highest weight 262.2 lbs
    Goal weight 149 lbs (healthy BMI)
    Current weight: 243.6 lbs

Year 2022 goals
    Onderland 189 lbs
    lose 1-2 lbs per week
    make it in the new place, no need to move, able to build a life there
    stick to habits/goals no matter the interruptions and changes (more detailed list to be tackled daily)

@mytime6630 Nice goals for the day. Lots of laundry done, way to go! I always seem to get behind on that. Good to read that you're on the mend. I hope you sleep better tonight.

@clicketykeys Thanks for your comment on how you use MFP like your planner - that makes sense. Logging is a habit for you, almost routine, and it's easier to keep track. I prefer paper, but then have to use it consistently which is a goal for this year. Yes, do remember to keep your goals simple. I have a bad habit of expecting myself to accomplish everything, when everything gets interrupted and takes forever! I hope you have a great new year and that this semester/year of teaching for you goes more smoothly.

JFT Sunday:
    Catch up with MFP ❄️
    Pick realistic goals to stay steady this year, having something "normal" even in new surroundings❄️
    sew for 15 minutes
    dishes done before bed❄️

JFT Monday Jan 3
    get up with alarm
    Devotional first thing morning
    exercise 8am
    have music on (no other devices) and go go go with packing
    help DH get well, insist on nap and a break
    work on to do list, mail, errand, blog
    eat late after 2pm
    dishes before bed
    <1600 calories
    have tea, crafts, music after dinner
    music only, tea, post on MFP and get list ready next day
    Device free evening activities (floss, shower, pray, read, mini exercises, journal, crochet)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @MrsHermit I have to ask, what is homesteading?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Aw happy birthday Michaela - cute pic! @Snowflake1968
    @Bex953172 - sounds like a tough day. Sending sympathy and promises that it does get better. X
    @mytime6630 - I’m sorry you’re in pain. Wish you better.

Had a run outside this morning instead of treadmill. Those hills are feeling very challenging but I feel more of a sense of accomplishment. So some endorphins buzzing around right now.

I’m back to work tomorrow. It will be a strange term. There’s been so much speculation about a return to home learning but it seems schools will reopen as usual. I’m relieved - I prefer face to face teaching - but I still have back to school anxiety! At 43 years of age.. 🙄

Sunday goals recap:
    Morning run: ✅ 2m
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Drink more water ✅
    Finish cleaning ✅
    Laundry ✅
    Prep topic document for next term ❌

Monday goals:
    Morning run ✅ 2.5m
    Stay within calorie goal
    Water
    Online shopping return
    Research cement etc for shed base
    Finances
    Prep topic document for next term
    Pack and prep for work
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Finally getting round to reviewing and updating from last January.
    [b[color]Comments in red[/b][/color]

❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY 2021 ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

January 2022
    🔹WOTY - Balance CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    January 2022
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    I am keeping these unchanged this year. New WOTY: CONSOLIDATE

Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!

Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145 (Consistently under 145 since Mar 2021)
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    • (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs
    • 3 Jan 2022: 138.9

January Daily Habits: Week 1
    I have rebranded Goals as Habits.
    My weight ceiling has reduced to 145 as I lost in 2021 while on maintenance. An unexpected bonus.
    Muscle %age has further increased; Fat %age has decreased.
    I have added a few extra habits.

Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon:
    Tue: Wed: Thu:
    1. Weight < 150: ✅3/7 (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2[/s] 23.4
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.1
    4. Calories in the green ✅3/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅3/7
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices✅3/7
    9. Cleanup sweep of ground floor rooms✅3/7
    10. after making bed > 10 minutes of flex✅3/7
    Positive intentions for today:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Flex
    • Outdoor walk
    • laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Self Care

2021 was a very good year for me. Life settled into a new (normal) routine.
    I continue to take my own council re Covid. Just because the government says you can do something does NOT mean that you should.
    I am grateful that no I longer need to go out and earn a living.
    Being retired has been a bonus, as I am at liberty to choose to do what I think is prudent.

It's great to see everyone starting off fresh.
    I am off to catch up with posts in December.

Terri 🦄
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 3 January

Recap on Goals for Sunday
    Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    8 glasses of water etc. 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Laundry ❌ I turned the washer on but the stuff still in there
    Logs ✅

Goals for Monday
    Log
    Stay in the green
    Water
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️
    Finish the laundry
    Take the tree down

@mytime6630. I hope your boil continues to heal and that you are more comfortable.
    @Bex953172 sending you a hug, it sounds like you are having a tough time
    @snowflake1968. That’s a lovely photo.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member

JFT Sunday
    - Church 😞
    - Help V with Project😀
    - Take down tree😞
    - Avoid sweets😞
    - Ride Peleton😀
    - Log food😀
    - Stay green😀
    - Need by 11:30😞
    - No alcohol😞

Happy Sunday y’all!

Okay there are definitely more 😞 than😀, but the things I did do were important. I ride my Peleton for the first time in ages and didn’t die, also want last in the group, dead middle of the pack. I’ll take that for starters.

V needed a lot of help with her Project being that she only has one arm to work with right now post surgery. I think it turned out cute. It’s about the impact of political on Scooby-Doo.
    2br9q9xdfs5r.jpeg

Hubby and I both have today off as the New Year Day was a Saturday. I’ll still check in at work, but nothing major. Hopefully we can get the tree down today. On to goals…

JFT Monday
    - Up early to help V get dressed
    - Take V to school and carry in her Project, she can’t drive yet.
    - Come home and go back to bed
    - Take down tree
    - Exercise
    - Shower
    - Maybe go watch Spider Man
    - Pick up V from school
    - Crab Legs for dinner
    - No alcohol
    - Need by 11:30

Have a stellar Monday y’all!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    edited January 2022
    @MrsHermit I hope that hubby gets well soon, and you can concentrate on your moving prep. What an adventure you are planning.

@Snowflake1968 Keep on going. You can do this.

@ZizzyBumble Keep on being hopeful.

@Faebert Welcome back

@clicketykeys

@Bex953172
    Keep persevering with the kids behaviour. It will pay off in the long run.

@MA_B Welcome to the group.

@Outdoorsy_Canadian Welcome to the group. Hope this is a better year for you.

@cschmitz110515 great goals for 2022

@PackerFanInGB lovely varied goal list for the year

@beachwalker99 Another lovely list. I have just posted mine.

@mytime6630 lovely quote/photo! Hope the boil heals up.

@MrsHermit How lovely of you to be so encouraging to every one.

@pridesabtch Helping V with her project trumps the sad faces. 😂 Great job on the Peleton.

@clicketykeys
    Nervous about the return to teaching, particularly student attendance. I hope things go well. I hope I stay healthy. I hope my family and my students and my colleagues do as well.

We are all hoping for the same thing. (((Hugs))) My younger daughter has go back to work in the office tomorrow, and doesn’t feel happy about it.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    edited January 2022
    Word the year: Determination
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT Sunday 2nd

- Log all food ✔️
    - Drink minimum of 4 waters ✔️
    - Mini exercises* ❌
    - Go pick up food parcel.✔️

*Mini exercises.
    For those interested, last year I did some "mini exercises" at home.
    These are exercises that don't require equipment and also don't require allocated time. These are exercises you can do whilst doing something else.

So for example...
    -Lunges when you're walking
    -Wall push ups whilst waiting for the kettle to boil or whilst doing dinner
    - Squatting instead of bending

There's others but my brain has just failed me 😂

For me it means im just doing 'something' in times when I'd be doing 'nothing'.

I didn't mind not doing the mini exercise as I did 2 short walks which got me up to 7k in steps. And seeing as I haven't been out the house since Xmas Im quite happy with that lol!

JFT Mon 3rd

- Log all food
    - Minimum 4 waters
    - Mini exercises
    - Gather school uniform and bleach wash their white tops if needed.
    - Do a bit of cleaning (<-- really don't want to do this one lol)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Happy 2022!!!

I'm happy to see you all being rockstars with the consistent JFT posts!! I am hoping that 2022, I can be more consistent with JFT without letting it overwhelm me.

About Me:

Name: MLHC1
    Heaviest weight: 225 lbs
    Current weight: 181 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

Happily married to the man of my dreams!! Mother to four adventuresome kiddos and four crazy doggies!!

I am not always the most consistent on JFT but I feel like JFT family still, Lol 🤷‍♀️

I'll try posting my daily schedule and attempt to persistent as I can.

Monday JFT 01/03/2022:

▪︎AM Me Time (didn't feel too well today so I started my day with a nice hot bath)
    ▪︎Review and post MFP
    ▪︎Prelog diary (stick to what is logged!!)
    ▪︎Morning self-care routine
    ▪︎Breakfast
    ▪︎Kiddos "Saturday Chore Day"
    ▪︎3_hr Study Session
    ▪︎Lunch
    ▪︎Yoga and BBL DVDs
    ▪︎Gym: 30 min elliptical, weights-arm day
    ▪︎Dinner, etc
    ▪︎Evening self-care routine

Hopefully I can find peace and not anxiety with posting my goals JFT. 🤦‍♀️

Enjoy a blessed day my friends. 🌷🤗🌷
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Welcome back @Faebert @MLHC1 and anyone else I missed! Happy to see new faces on JFT as well. I find inspiration in reading everyone's posts, aspirations & accomplishments. Even if we don't do it all, we try!

Recap Sun. 1/2
    1) 9:00 church :smiley:
    2) Move hourly :smiley: 10/14 & 12.1K
    3) Treadmill :smiley: 3 miles
    4) Make soup for supper? sausage, potatoes & spinach soup = yum! / net calories zero / 12c water :neutral: -116, high sodium (soup), protein & fiber low-ish, sugar good, only 8c water
    5) 7:20 Packers game :smiley: win!
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 6:45 alarm (back to work) = 4/5

JFT M 1/3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3rd floor to basement & back)
    2) Not sure about supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Skim through email backlog / discuss ROP-BJ draft issues w/ asst. mgr. / start to clear items on time-sensitive list / call UMR & resolve recent changes / clear email backlog if time
    4) Hubby off work today, will be home when I'm done at office & that will impact my evening time / some ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:00 alarm (treadmill before work)

My first day back in the office since 12/23... struggled with getting up at alarm in pre-sunrise again. At least I planned for my rest day. Not going to torture myself further by getting up for pre-work workout. LOL
    About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • registered for Frenzy on the Fox 5K on 1.21.22
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement

Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship