Women 200lb+, Let's Start Strong This January!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @justanotherloser007 Oh, no, C25K is short for "couch to 5k," it's a training plan for running newbies to build endurance while minimizing risk of injury. I basically alternate intervals of running and walking for a period of 25-30 minutes, plus 5 minutes of walking to warm up and cool down at the start and end; the running intervals get longer, the walking breaks get shorter, and eventually the goal/expectation is to be able to run for 30 minutes at a stretch with no walking breaks (and, ideally, cover most of a 5km distance in that timeframe, but endurance comes before speed).

I've attempted this before, and even finished once, in...2012 or 2013, I think. Did one of those gimmicky 5k races where they throw colored cornstarch powder at you while you run. This time, I'm using an app that prompts me to start running or walking and tracks my progress through the 9-week program. Week 1 is pretty easy: run for 30 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, repeat 8x (so 8 minutes of running, just not all at once). Week 4 or 5 is usually where I start to struggle, because the intervals suddenly get a lot longer - you go from five 3-minute runs the previous week, to three 5-minute runs D1, then two 10-minute runs D2, then one 20-minute run D3. I feel like I'll be okay this time though, since I've spent the past year building up cardiovascular fitness and endurance, rather than more literally going from the couch to a 5k.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Quick check in for today. I somehow gained 2 pounds and yes I went over my calories by about 800 yesterday but still honestly less than I'd eat on a normal day before MFP.

That is super normal! I randomly dropped 4 pounds this week (pre-TOM, I'm sure), but I've definitely gained up to SEVEN POUNDS overnight. It's water weight, constipation, etc. You can't let the daily ups and downs get to you. I use the app Happy Scale to smooth out my losses over time and it's been really helpful for my mental health. I have a smart scale so Happy Scale auto-imports my weight and I use that.

As long as you're in deficit to maintenance, you'll be losing over time. Focus on the long-term trends, not the day to day fluctuations.
  • roz0810 wrote: »
    January 3— 266
    January 4— 264.6
    January 5— 262.8
    January 6— 262.6

So I know this is water weight but I'll take it! I've also started exercising yeay for me. I play FitXR on my virtual reality headset. It's a HIIT workout, boxing and dance workout game. I'm loving it and it has a calorie counter in it too for my height and weight. I've also got a hello fresh delivery on Sunday. 5 recipes for 2 people. It was 50% off too. Looking forward to cooking more too.

Up on my way to go girl! That's more than water weight.Let me know how you liked hello fresh, thinking about trying it. What is the calories per meal ish?

Also, I play my bfs creed boxing game on his PlayStation virtual reality game
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    roz0810 wrote: »
    January 3— 266
    January 4— 264.6
    January 5— 262.8
    January 6— 262.6

So I know this is water weight but I'll take it! I've also started exercising yeay for me. I play FitXR on my virtual reality headset. It's a HIIT workout, boxing and dance workout game. I'm loving it and it has a calorie counter in it too for my height and weight. I've also got a hello fresh delivery on Sunday. 5 recipes for 2 people. It was 50% off too. Looking forward to cooking more too.

Up on my way to go girl! That's more than water weight.Let me know how you liked hello fresh, thinking about trying it. What is the calories per meal ish?

Also, I play my bfs creed boxing game on his PlayStation virtual reality game

Thank you ❤️ the plan we picked was meat and veggies. around 800-900 calories for a serving. very high in my opinion. the calorie countrol plan had meats under 600 calories. but my husband wasn't liking the menu 🙄 so I'll just give it a try.
  • sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Welcome, new folks! This is a great group.
  • SFFirebird
    SFFirebird Posts: 21 Member
    :)
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    How's everyone's Friday going?

I have a Xiaomi Mi 6 activity tracker arriving today, so I'm looking forward to more accurately tracking my movement. I've been using a pedometer app that uses the accelerometer in my phone, so it counts steps while I'm driving and stuff like that. I want to get a clearer idea of how active I actually am and try to increase that.

I've also joined the first Reddit r/LoseIt challenge for 2022. If any of you awesome ladies are on Reddit, the challenge is open as of today! It goes for 7 weeks, so there's usually 3 or 4 of them throughout the year. There's 6 teams, we compete to see who can rack up the most steps and active minutes each week, so the new tracker should really help with that. The community is amazingly supportive (much like this one!), there's all different people at all different points in their journey. I had a really good time participating in the last challenge, so I'm super pumped for this one.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,646 Member
    Hi, just thought I'd share how I discovered an easy way to sneak a little more protein in my day. I'm making it a habit. I bought collogen peptides about a year ago but YuCK! I tried it in my coffee and couldn't make myself drink it. But a few weeks ago I decided to make a habit of having a cup of tea late in the afternoon and now I heat up my water, add a scoop of collogen and stir it up until it is totally dissolved, then put my teabag in and !voila! and additional painless 10 grams of protein + all the goodies from the collogen.