Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Last night I finally got back on the wagon. I spent the previous two nights doing a lot of soul-searching and analyzing and "sitting with my discomfort." So, I've got 1/7 days AF this month, which is already better than October, right? :lol: Actually, since my goal is "mindfulness," it still counts. I did not drink mindlessly or out of habit!

I've been doing TAE (@sarah7591 https://learn.thisnakedmind.com/the-alcohol-experiment-registration), but I'm just not feeling it so much this time. I read my old journal entries and find nothing has changed. I can only relate to about 30% of what she says. HOWEVER, that 30% is powerful. I really love the videos on cravings and discomfort. I am very grateful that my alcohol cravings only come around my "witching hour" and they disappear quickly if I don't feed them. If any of you have ever quit smoking (or tried and failed), you know what I mean!

Yeah, you might have hit your limit as to what benefit TAE can give you, it's a great first start, but it's not a comprehensive program. If you benefitted from it, but feel like you have reached your limit, perhaps consider further resources.
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    @Xellercin I'm so sorry for what you are facing. Thank you for sharing. Peace and healing to you
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days. It will be different until March, our local 3 arenas opened up!! There is senior/parent tot skating from 9-10am Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the biggest arena, the ice surface is sunken down, so quite warm for skating. The other 2 are the temperature of the outside.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Friday January 7th - Drinks, Mulled Cider with Spiced Rum. Planned drinks for Saturday also.

Rolling total: 5AF days out of 7 days.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    Xellercin wrote: »
    Last night I finally got back on the wagon. I spent the previous two nights doing a lot of soul-searching and analyzing and "sitting with my discomfort." So, I've got 1/7 days AF this month, which is already better than October, right? :lol: Actually, since my goal is "mindfulness," it still counts. I did not drink mindlessly or out of habit!

I've been doing TAE (@sarah7591 https://learn.thisnakedmind.com/the-alcohol-experiment-registration), but I'm just not feeling it so much this time. I read my old journal entries and find nothing has changed. I can only relate to about 30% of what she says. HOWEVER, that 30% is powerful. I really love the videos on cravings and discomfort. I am very grateful that my alcohol cravings only come around my "witching hour" and they disappear quickly if I don't feed them. If any of you have ever quit smoking (or tried and failed), you know what I mean!

Yeah, you might have hit your limit as to what benefit TAE can give you, it's a great first start, but it's not a comprehensive program. If you benefitted from it, but feel like you have reached your limit, perhaps consider further resources.

I feel like I got what I needed from it. I've seen other people do very well on the program, so I would definitely recommend it. I'm just not the kind of drinker she is targeting.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Xellercin wrote: »

I feel like I got what I needed from it. I've seen other people do very well on the program, so I would definitely recommend it. I'm just not the kind of drinker she is targeting.

I wasn't either. I benefitted from it, but it was other resources that drew me to the conclusion that I wanted to quit completely and that helped me quit. TAE was just an excellent, use friendly starting point.