Less Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    My usual goal, 16-20 AF days per month.

My schedule pretty much dictates my AF days.
    I will be AF on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays for the next few months.

Diary style is how I keep track

Friday January 7th - Drinks, Mulled Cider with Spiced Rum. Planned drinks for Saturday also.
    Saturday January 8th - Drinks, 2 in the afternoon and none after.
    Sunday January 9th - AF - Had a nice glass of hot mulled cider after skating, no booze needed to make it delicious, the cloves and cinnamon had really mulled in it well.
    Monday January 10th - AF - Working (and skating) out of town tomorrow with an evening shift at the restaurant so wanted to be AF. Heck, I am usually in my pjs in the evening, not at work.
    Tuesday January 11 - 2 drinks, not planned. Classic: Cold, hungry, tired. I woke with a headache, and yet another schedule change. I went out of town, detours everywhere in the small snowy town of Kimberley BC. We went from minus 17 (celsius) on Monday morning, to plus 2 on Tuesday morning. Chalked it up to extreme weather change. Did my job, skated half-heartedly, came home exhausted. My tenant/roomate arrived home Sunday night very sick, he is a young healthy boy, hacking his lungs out and exhausted. Likely Covid since he had been with a bunch of guys in a hotel up in Golden BC for a couple of days who were progressively coughing. Working a split shift on Wednesday and am going to skip the morning skate and go to a skate in between my shifts. Very tired.
    Wednesday Jan 12 - 2 drinks - this was my planned drinks day, not yesterday. I didn't even try to abstain. Have since drank some water and am about to have dinner after a split shift and a glorious skate in between. Planned AF tomorrow and Saturday, going to a matinee of a performance of 9-5 at one of our local theatres on Sunday, so don't want to be puffy : - ) Tenant upstairs is coughing up a storm. I was not feeling that great the last couple of days, but think that I sweated it out during my fabulous ice skate at a tiny arena here. I had the Red Hat Society at the restaurant today, I donned gloves immediately upon entry, and of course wore a mask.

Rolling total: 7AF days out of 12 days.